Why Wont My Thai Gf Tell Me Which Political Party She Supports?

heist666

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Easy to brows through 162,432 people who put their politics out there for anyone to see.

My point is Thais are very political and very open about it.

Your figures are wrong. Thus far the Messiah has amassed 1,621,397 likes

You're right though about Thais being political. They're the same in this respect as people in most other countries.

If you're unable to discuss politics with your wife or girlfriend, it may be due to communication problems.

My figures are correct you didn't look at the link! Ah habiggrin.png

I looked at the link but I don't see your point.

Sure, one of the Messiah's Facebook posts has got over 160,000 likes, but the FB page itself has about ten times as many.

It is that one photo that has 160,000 likes. 160,000 Thai people looked at that sight and checked that photo. And some yahoo above said Thais are not political. And the Thai education system makes Thais not ask questions. Thais are very political they just don't get the concept that the majority wins and not the VIP's because that is quite a cultural shift.

You talk to your girlfriend?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

She probably pretends to understand. Why on earth would you want to talk about politics to your girlfriend? Shouldn't you be discovering the joys of copulation.

Isn't that a seque into the old joke - 'Do you talk to your wife during sex ? Yes, if there's a phone handy.'

She may feel her political beliefs are HERS and really none of your business.

What kind of a relationship is that? Not one built on trust, that's for sure.

Many people in relationships, even marriages choose to keep their own political

beliefs to themselves. Your Gf probably knows you don't understand Thai politics

and she may feel it's her country and her government. Nothing to do with trust in

a relationship, it just prevents lots of problems.

My GF??? I think you have me confused with another poster.

Edited by Babytalk

My guess - this is a mini version of the famous silent treatment. You have probably given an indication of your views on Thai politics - which like most of us is something along the lines of both sides being in the wrong. As she cares about your views and will not want to state a counter view - she will not say anything to avoid conflict.

Sent from my C6902 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Afraid to lose face if one party is proven more corrupt and/or incapable than the others. Tough feat in Thailand.

Total crap.

You are branding all Thais as having the same traits.

In answer to the OP`s question; believe this or not, many Thais have no interest in politics whatever, all they want to do is get on with their lives without hindrances and without these in their faces political disputes. Even my wife who was a staunch Thaksin and Yingluck supporter is bored of the whole lot now and just wants everything to return to normality.

Perhaps the OP`s wife feels the same way and the OP should not be badgering her to give an opinion that like so many other people find confusing and are rapidly becoming bored and fed up with Thailand’s situation at the moment.

• Like 2

And if she won't tell you something so basic as who she is affiliated with, wonder what else she ain't telling you? Just sayin'. whistling.gif

Of course !!

If her political opinions are "her business" then it means there isn't much intimacy between the two !!

What difference does it make..?? You cannot influence her decisions (illegal for foreigners to interfere) and you cannot vote, so why discuss this subject, except in a very abstract manner.

Why not discuss it? Are you one of the many people who cannot discuss culture, religion, or politics without getting pissed-off? I have often wondered why those people will not or cannot discuss these topics.

Her political opinions are definitely a private matter, to be shared with whom she chooses.

As are her reasons for not wanting to share.

Or perhaps the fact that she doesn't care at all about such abstract topics.

Maybe she's embarrassed, knowing her SO thinks such things are important and will think less of her for not having any opinion, or one for silly reasons - many Thais choose to vote for the more handsome/beautiful candidate for example - or for even having "the wrong" opinion if she's already got a clue what her SO thinks.

I agree that she's being very smart in dodging the issue, true intimacy certainly doesn't require intellectual conversations if one party doesn't care for that type of interaction.