Rival camps have no choice but to make a deal: Thai politics

webfact

A Pheu Thai leader, who asked not to be named, said the best time for Yingluck to leave the spotlight has passed already. Thaksin's aides had proposed the party should take leadership back from members of the Shinawatra family in the snap election, but other factions inside Pheu Thai disagreed.

"If the party had dropped Yingluck as a candidate for the prime minister's post in a new election, people would have thought we'd found her guilty of mismanagement. Thaksin, however, saw no need to abandon his sister. So Yingluck was finally picked as No 1 party-list candidate," the source said.

However, his decision turns Yingluck into a liability. There's a chance she may face multiple lawsuits - the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) has pressed charges against her over the rice-pledging scheme and the PDRC will file criminal cases against her for her alleged roles in the crackdown on protesters, which it claims led to many deaths.

To think, if enough PTP toadies had the balls to stand up to Thaksin and demand the removal of Thaksin clan members from the frontline, Suthep would have nowhere to stand.

The arrogance of Thaksin by putting himself first, by only having family members running his party, has led the country to the position it is in.

A smarter politician would have known when to hide.

His arrogance will be his downfall. I hope it isn't Thailand's fate as well.

I IMO don't think Thaskin gives a shi* what happens, IMO to him it's about taking some kind of revenge for being exiled from his country, if he loved his country so much how come he aint been back to face the music....

Just my opinion...,