Protest leader Suthep rejects negotiations with govt

webfact

Could't agree more. Tell YL, her brother and all the rest of PT to pound sand.

Pound sand...<deleted> does that mean?

Are you telling them to put a couple of quid on the sand? or get a hammer each and "pound sand" at say Pattaya beach?

God you read some dribble on this forum bah.gif

possibly your not bright enough to understand the post thumbsup.gif

you pounded the nail on the head!

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Suthep want the Shins out and the constitution provides for an interim government which I believe the Senate must appoint in early March.

He is hanging on until then and Yingluck is trying all she can to get the elections completed before she is out as caretaker.

If Suthep carries on after she is gone then his role will have changed.

The focus should be on who forms the interim government and the agenda that it sets. In the following months Yingluck will run away just like every rich person does when the threat of prison time looms, of that I am sure.

I hope they can find someone to lead that interim government with honour, good morals and evenhandedness. I also hope they get on with the job quickly and get properly administered elections completed.

There needs to be a cleaning out of bad politicians and ensure they can never again run for office. That includes all parties.

Utopia is but a dream, unfortunately until the education system has been improved and we get actual educated ministers, Thailand has to stick with the lesser evils.

Hmm, speaking of running away, Suthep hit the streets pretty quick after his land deal was discovered. He broke the law and the agreement he had with the poor yet he cried foul and ran out to the streets to gather his very own little pity party.

Do I think Yingluck is a bright PM? Not really, but whenever did Thailand have that? Like it or not, she was elected by the people.

Democrats screwed up and tried to make a pointless rebuttal to the international media as nobody is buying it.

Incompetence and corruption are existent in all the lower and higher branches of the political party tree here in Thailand. Thaksin used the transitional period to his advantage to better the lives for the poor, which the Democrats failed to do. Is he better than them? Doubtful, he just got there first.

So by disbanding one party because on the sole reason that it is the root of all evil, is extremely naive as you will just replace it with another just as corrupt. Let democracy have its way and instead push the government on educational reforms or vote them off or any until there is one who actually has the courage to do the necessary, no matter the cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Think I would rather replace a party that is openly grossly corrupt and have at least a chance however slim that the replacement might be less corrupt than just lie down an accept the same lot back in again. Otherwise I would on the whole agree with you

I see, it's broken, so what the heck? My watch isn't keeping correct time, I'll hit it with a hammer and hope it runs better.

Sorry, I'd rather leave changes in government to elections and courts. Of course if you can give a persuasive argument that lawless street mobs with no respect for elections can give a better result, please explain how that will work.

• Like 1