Redshirts test court's neutrality with a rally at NACC

webfact

Yes it is strange how not ONE of the core leaders of the UDD are actually from ISSAN???

Not just that, but they´ve never (AFAIK) actually faced an electorate. They are/were party list candidates (UDD PT MPs) or simply appointed to their position by a small clique of party honchos (like Thida)

Never (again AFAIK) earning their positions directly through the ballot box.

• Like 2

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am laughing my bum off here at the judges, because they apparently didn't think their decisions through before approving them.

They thought that they could block the government by preventing them from removing protesters from the streets and now they're blocked themselves because they can't get the police or army to remove the protesters from their own front door due to their very own decision.

cheesy.gif

You're laughing while the country slips into lawlessness.

Irrespective of what "team" you support this is a pretty serious situation I would have thought.

I live in Thailand and have many Thai and westerner friends in Bangkok. I wish them all well.

Before you "laugh your bum off", think of how many others may die and hopefully that will make your bum re-attach itself in somber thought of the people in Thailand trying to realign themselves.

Your first 2 posts tonight were great. I clicked like. Please think before you post as it is very troubling times in Thailand.

Your precipitous comment of "laughing my bum off" is not a mature way to approach this difficult time.

I wish you well.

maturity usually indicates an adult, so in this case there is no ability to summize exactly what is happening or what is being said due to the age factor or should that be thought processwhistling.gif

Edited by seajae

Is the NACC actually a court or is it as the name suggests a commission to investigate corruption ?

I get the impression that they are not actually a court and that their members are not judges rather investigators.

Once they have come to a conclusion they can summons a person (in this case Yingluck) they deem to be corrupt to give evidence on their own behalf.

They then consider that evidence then pass the case on to a court or in this case (I think) the senate.

That's correct.

I've been told that the investigators themselves are mostly highly qualified and experienced lawyers and some forensic accountants.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

"Nevertheless, Maj.Gen. Warah said the military has planned to add more checkpoints in order to prevent attacks or violent incidents, such as the office of the National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) and the Constitutional Court.

Soldiers will also increase their patrols around the protest sites to ensure safety for "all sides", the officer announced. "

I suspect that the military, navy seals?, will set up armed roadblocks shortly to protect their wholly owned judges and their NACC.

I am laughing my bum off here at the judges, because they apparently didn't think their decisions through before approving them.

They thought that they could block the government by preventing them from removing protesters from the streets and now they're blocked themselves because they can't get the police or army to remove the protesters from their own front door due to their very own decision.

cheesy.gif

What judges? Seems you have a hard time distinguishing between the NACC investigators vs judges in the various courts.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not sure where to post this question. On Thursday, the 27th, I plan to travel to the Centerpoint Hotel near Nana BTS station, by van, from Ratchaburi Province, via Victory Monument. Is that clear of the expected demonstrations?

Have to ask, what's with the mamba in the cartoons ?

I believe that the started showing up during the last BKK flood.

There was suppose to be some that escaped from someones

room into the flood.

They are in a few of The Nation cartoons.

rice555

'4 companies of police officers and 1 company of soldiers were stationed inside the NACC office to maintain order, while all non-essential staff were instructed to leave the office as a precaution.'

There's no way the Reds would get int the NACC office with that lot there - unless the police opened the gates while the Army stood by ...

I suspect the NACC staff could just move into the empty National Lottery office next door ... I doubt the Reds would have the brains to notice! biggrin.png

Not sure where to post this question. On Thursday, the 27th, I plan to travel to the Centerpoint Hotel near Nana BTS station, by van, from Ratchaburi Province, via Victory Monument. Is that clear of the expected demonstrations?

Certainly should not post this here. Try the travel section,. but to answer your question, if you get off the van at VM, there may be a few protesters, but once you're on the nearby Skytrain, you'll be OK until you get to Nana, where all the bar girls will spy fresh meat! smile.png

'4 companies of police officers and 1 company of soldiers were stationed inside the NACC office to maintain order, while all non-essential staff were instructed to leave the office as a precaution.'

There's no way the Reds would get int the NACC office with that lot there - unless the police opened the gates while the Army stood by ...

I suspect the NACC staff could just move into the empty National Lottery office next door ... I doubt the Reds would have the brains to notice! biggrin.png.pagespeed.ce.XhpYJIv77v.png

To the pro-government Redshirts, the verdict is nothing less than another proof that the Thai courts are applying "double-standard" to the political crisis; in 2010, the court affirmed the State of Emergency imposed by then-Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva against the Redshirts protests in Bangkok

Because their peanut brains don't see the difference between armed mob and peaceful protestors.

Evidently, neither does yours.

To the pro-government Redshirts, the verdict is nothing less than another proof that the Thai courts are applying "double-standard" to the political crisis; in 2010, the court affirmed the State of Emergency imposed by then-Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva against the Redshirts protests in Bangkok.

OK, so the RS's are saying that their burning down of about 1/2 the city, looting ATM machines, bombings etc etc etc. were non-violent and did not reach the extreme measures of a crack-down by the courts and military? They do live in their tiny little world, don't they?

• Like 1

Oh dear... fire, blood, coffins, threats of violence... what else? Is that all they know? I honestly do not join those who condemn the red-shirts as being rural, stupid and uneducated but you red-shirt 'peaceful demonstrators' aren't helping the case at all, if burning, threatening and bullying are all you guys can do.

Edited by outsider
  • Like 1

Update at NACC -

I went along Sanam Bin Nam Road about 11 am today. There were about 20 cops just before a road block at soi 48 about 600 yards from the office, where cars were being forced to either turn left down soi 48 or U-turn back to Tiwanon road. The road ahead was completely clear and there was a crowd outside the NACC office, but it wasn't clear how many were police or how many were demonstrators.

The barrier extended across the road at the U turn gap, and that side was manned by 5 thuggish looking chaps with red shirts and paraphernalia. Plainly they were going to stop anyone trying to nip onto the opposite carriageway and get to the demo on the wrong side of the road. I'd hoped to take some photos but the range was too far and Iam sure if I'd pulled out a camera, the police or worse still the RS thugs would have stopped me.

Being a coward at heart (or more accurately, knowing when to NOT get involved), I just did a U turn and went back. On the way back were about 6 police with large pickups stretched over about 200 metres and that was that.

It was impossible to get any closer at all - the police had isolated the whole building and 500-600 meters all around.

post-12849-0-00619100-1393498976_thumb.j

post-12849-0-88465800-1393498991_thumb.j

Edited by Mister Fixit