But they only carry beef. I'd like to find one that has good

quality Lamb and Pork as well.

Any recommendations ?

Thanks,

luudee

Western Wholesale Meats.

http://www.wwmco.asia/

Thanks Spoonman !!!

Have you bought from them before ? Any good ?

I looked through the website and am a bit confused,

do they do ONLY online, or can I go down to their

location (looks like on pChaiyapreuk 2) ? For the

first time it owuld be nice to go and check it out ...

Many Thanks !

luudee

luudee

You can visit their shop. Normally there isnt a great deal of meat on display and you have to ask for what you want. Sometimes the beef is a little young but thats easily cured by a few days in the fridge.

I have been using them Happily for over 3 years

RabC

• Like 2

Luudee I went to the butcher shop you mentioned near Foodland once and was absolutely horrified at the *meat* they were trying to sell. Couldn't back out of the door quick enough and have never returned. That was perhaps 2 years ago and in the morning, probably not long after they would've opened that day if this makes any difference. Has something changed and is it worth another look?. I normally buy all my fresh beef/lamb from Foodland and frozen from Macro as a guide to what I consider good meat and butchers. Thanks for any input on this.

Edited by Subpar

luudee

You can visit their shop. Normally there isnt a great deal of meat on display and you have to ask for what you want. Sometimes the beef is a little young but thats easily cured by a few days in the fridge.

RabC

Thank you Rab !

Luudee I went to the butcher shop you mentioned near Foodland once and was absolutely horrified at the *meat* they were trying to sell. Couldn't back out of the door quick enough and have never returned. That was perhaps 2 years ago and in the morning, probably not long after they would've opened that day if this makes any difference. Has something changed and is it worth another look?. I normally buy all my fresh beef/lamb from Foodland and frozen from Macro as a guide to what I consider good meat and butchers. Thanks for any input on this.

Hmm, I don't know. I've been using them just a bit

over a year now, and have always been happy. They

claim it is grain fed and 21 days aged thai beef.

I usually get the Rib Eye, never had a problem.

One time time they did have some lamb chops, I got

them and was also very happy, but thats not something

they carry on a regular basis.

I wonder, what was it that scared you away ? The

place appears to be clean, and the staff is polite.

luudee

luudee

RabC

Thank you Rab !

Luudee

I find it better to look at their web site to see what they carry then ask for it in the shop once there. I mainly get Rib Eye and T-Bone steaks there, his lamb is no cheaper or better then Makro/Friendship however I do occasionally get them to mince me some lamb for various Greek and Indian dishes I like to cook.

I wonder, what was it that scared you away ?

What I saw was a few cuts of horrendous looking *meat* that looked like it should have been binned. We're talking an unnaturally dark color, borderline on purple, with black around the outer edges of fat and the bones. I'm from the bush as a youngster and we wouldn't have fed roo legs in that condition to the dogs, we'd know they'd been hanging in the meat locker far too long. Again though, this was a one-of visit and I've never been back but I will stick my head in there again for a look.

luudee

RabC

I also used them for 3 years when we had a restaurant (which was 400km from Pattaya).

Never a problem with their meats and they produced a wonderful slightly peppery Pattaya Porker sausage for us.

Good advice about looking at the website first, then asking to look.

Oh for local lamb production ! For lamb, Makro is as good as anything I have tried - and I found some lamb shanks a couple of months ago.

luudee

RabC

I also used them for 3 years when we had a restaurant (which was 400km from Pattaya).

Never a problem with their meats and they produced a wonderful slightly peppery Pattaya Porker sausage for us.

Good advice about looking at the website first, then asking to look.

Oh for local lamb production ! For lamb, Makro is as good as anything I have tried - and I found some lamb shanks a couple of months ago.

Not sure where you are now but Friendship in Pattaya normally has frozen lamb shanks in at about 350 baht for 2 decent sized ones.
  • Like 1

I wonder, what was it that scared you away ?

What I saw was a few cuts of horrendous looking *meat* that looked like it should have been binned. We're talking an unnaturally dark color, borderline on purple, with black around the outer edges of fat and the bones. I'm from the bush as a youngster and we wouldn't have fed roo legs in that condition to the dogs, we'd know they'd been hanging in the meat locker far too long. Again though, this was a one-of visit and I've never been back but I will stick my head in there again for a look.

I bought three steaks there(Central Pattaya Road Foodland side towards the beach) last week. One ribeye, one strip, one chuck. They all looked okay color wise. The ribeye was okay, tough. The strip was better but had a lot of fat on the edge(easily cut off of course but in the price). The chuck was awful, actually threw it away. Could not chew it. Didn't want to choke a dog to death. For whatever reason, Thai beef continues to be tough no matter what claims they make(aging etc.) and/or what price you pay or where you get it. I recall it being 950baht a kilo for the ribeye and strip cuts.

Hmm, I don't know. I've been using them just a bit

over a year now, and have always been happy. They

claim it is grain fed and 21 days aged thai beef.

I usually get the Rib Eye, never had a problem.

One time time they did have some lamb chops, I got

them and was also very happy, but thats not something

they carry on a regular basis.

I wonder, what was it that scared you away ? The

place appears to be clean, and the staff is polite.

luudee

You're near Foodland. What is wrong with the NZ and Aussie lamb in their freezer compartment. I buy the boneless legs of lamb or shoulders and it's absolutely perfect. The NZ lamb comes from the deep south of the South Island of NZ, processed where I grew up. It's properly cryovaced too. It's the best lamb in the world and it's only around 650 per kilo. Them lamb have been breathing some of the purest air on the planet and eating the cleanest grass. With that readily available I wouldn't touch anything else.

• Like 1

Ever checked the meat section of the Big C Extra ? There's everything for you, there's even a butcher behind a counter that is full of tasty aged beef and NZ lamb. Don't know if the guy is there on a regular base or all the time. It's definitely worth checking out.

• 3 months later...

So I went with a friend to the WWMCO store the other day.

Asked for lamb and was told they don't have any at all.

The rib-eye steaks where pre-cut and very small (in my opinion)

I like them to be 300 gr, these looked like less than 200 gr.

From the looks (marbling) I was not impressed. The entire store

made a rundown and unclean impression.

We both left without buying anything ... What I saw in the store

did not match their web site pictures ...

Don't think I will return ...

I Still prefer "Prime Beef" on pattaya klang. Fresh aged

beef, you can see what they have and it is cut to your

specification ...

luudee

So I went with a friend to the WWMCO store the other day.

Asked for lamb and was told they don't have any at all.

The rib-eye steaks where pre-cut and very small (in my opinion)

I like them to be 300 gr, these looked like less than 200 gr.

From the looks (marbling) I was not impressed. The entire store

made a rundown and unclean impression.

We both left without buying anything ... What I saw in the store

did not match their web site pictures ...

Don't think I will return ...

I Still prefer "Prime Beef" on pattaya klang. Fresh aged

beef, you can see what they have and it is cut to your

specification ...

luudee

You can ask for steaks,chops etc cut as you want at WWMCO, they do with no hassle for you.

WWMCO still the best value for money in my opinion, especially on their pork products.

Prime Beef on Pattaya Klang is the best value for money in town. Just chewed away a 250 g sirloin at 130 Baht, very tender. The same quality at Foodland would cost you twice as much.

Foodland for all other meats. Their chicken are good, the imported lamb pricey, but very good, the pork is probably the best in town. No need to shop anywhere else.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Lenny, I asked at WWMCO, and the lady told me all they have is what I saw, and what

I saw did not look good !

Raro, totally agree with you. Rib-eye at 960 baht per KG. You see what you get, it is

cut right there for you. And the lamb at Foodland is the best I have found so far. Not

cheap, but cheaper than going to any of the decent restaurants.

Cheers,

luudee

I actually remember that prime beef butcher had some problems with ageing the meat in the past. Looks like they overcame this as I haven't had any problems with their meat for a long time.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app