large amount of money in kasikorn. how to get it out and back to uk

after reading a few posts on tv i want to get my money out of kasikorn bank south pattaya branch and i want to get it back to uk bank or maybe best to split up between 3 banks ? i need advice. i have a paypal account linked to my uk bank. what is best easiest way for me to get my money back safely to uk without losing too much on rates etc.

thanks

have you got a certificate of the transaction when you had the money sent to Thailand.if you have there is no problem,if you haven't then there is a limit.anyway why do you want to send it back to the uk.unless your planning on moving back.

You can go to most Thai banks offering currency exchange and convert THB to GBP saying that you are going there on holiday. I guess there is a limit per transaction, but you can probably go around every bank and their several branches once a day...

Go to your branch and personally attempt the transfer....get it straight from the horse's mouth as to what they will allow, how much, what they require. Each branch seems to enforce the current rules for outgoing money differently. Using Paypal to do any type of significant money pull probably won't work and will definitely provide a crappy exchange rate.

I have two accounts, Bangkok Bank and SCB. It just so happened yesterday I wanted to do a transfer from Bangkok Bank to another persons SCB account for the purpose of buying a car. I was told at the Bangkok Bank that the maxium transfer I could make was 100,000 baht and the lady also said it was expensive but didn't tell me the cost. I needed more than 100,000 so she suggested I withdraw cash and walk down to SCB and transfer it to the SCB account of the person I am purchasing the car from which I did at no cost. It was a little scary carrying the cash down the sidewalk but it was only about a city block away so no problem. So if it is not the same bank you are transfering to, at least for Bangkok Bank there is a 100,000 baht limit.

And also I agree, PAYPAL kills you on the exchange rate, I learned that the hard way. And they hide it so well it takes a while to catch on, which I am sure is what they want. The exhange rates are definately what you you want to watch out for.

Also as someone said earlier, that if you have your original transfer paperwork showing that it came from your home country it should be no problem sending it back.

Edited by BobTH

I was in a similar situation after the sale of my house and wanted to transfer some money back to Australia. Walked into SCB asked for an application for foreign currency purchase/ transfer also known as a swift transfer and was handed the form. Filled it out and sent 100,000 baht to Australia. Fee for sending this was 550 baht and I was charged $8 by my Australian bank. Don't forget to tick the box Beneficiary account as the fees will be cheaper. I was given the bank rate of 29.45 whichever is the standard rate for most banks.

I said I wanted to pay my Australia credit card. They asked me for my work permit and I said, " sorry I have a Thai wife/ retirement visa". Okay no problem. I have now sent another two payments of 250,000 each time with no proof of funds needed. If you need to send 1 million baht up back to the UK you would need proof of the money coming into the country and proof of why you have it now.....e.g sale of a house, apartment etc.....that's it, pretty straight forward.....hope it helps.

• Like 1

Already long time used: you pay my bill in your country, and I your bill in my country.

So, Imagine,

I have to pay my supplier 1 million Thai Baht for a shipment of rice vermicelli, and.. I transfer /44.282495 = Euro 22,580 to any Euro account in the Euro zone.... or / 53.970725 = Pound 18,550 to any UK account....

• Like 1

chiang mai, on 27 Feb 2014 - 16:02, said:snapback.png

Er, ...numbers? How much is large?

He would have told us in the first post how much if he wanted too.

-----------------------

Not at all - the replies posted are useless if the sum is indeed "large" - say several million baht.

For this I have an excellent solution if required, which I have used several times. No bank paperwork required.

Edited by Mario2008
  • Like 1

I just sent 1 million baht back to the UK from a Thai friends bank account ( reason : The bank told her to say she borrowed it now needs to send back )

All done last week arrived ok no probs (1,200b charge.) Ex @ 54.2

Suprisingly easy

Hope this helps.

Oh! OK, it's just that the bank transfer limits out of Thailand differ, based on the amount being transferred, above and below USD 20K equivalent makes a big difference.

Edited by Mario2008
flame part removed

Go to your branch and personally attempt the transfer....get it straight from the horse's mouth as to what they will allow, how much, what they require. Each branch seems to enforce the current rules for outgoing money differently. Using Paypal to do any type of significant money pull probably won't work and will definitely provide a crappy exchange rate.

This is good advice.

Personally I have walked into a branch of Kasikorn in Bangkok (not *my* branch) and wired money to people overseas.

I was presented with a form where I had to say what the transfer was for, the bank staff were very helpful and suggested I list it as personal expenses (if I recall correctly).

Basically you'll get the most accurate answer by actually going in and asking direct.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I asked my bank this very question last week. I have kept no records of the money I brought in through that branch. But the lady that runs that desk knows me and did all the transfers inbound. She says that as long as I Keep it under 1,500,00 baht per time and space it out over time, I should not have a problem transferring money back to where it came from. By "space it out over time", she defined that as a month or so between transactions. Bkk Bank BTW.

I have two accounts, Bangkok Bank and SCB. It just so happened yesterday I wanted to do a transfer from Bangkok Bank to another persons SCB account for the purpose of buying a car. I was told at the Bangkok Bank that the maxium transfer I could make was 100,000 baht and the lady also said it was expensive but didn't tell me the cost. I needed more than 100,000 so she suggested I withdraw cash and walk down to SCB and transfer it to the SCB account of the person I am purchasing the car from which I did at no cost. It was a little scary carrying the cash down the sidewalk but it was only about a city block away so no problem. So if it is not the same bank you are transfering to, at least for Bangkok Bank there is a 100,000 baht limit.

And also I agree, PAYPAL kills you on the exchange rate, I learned that the hard way. And they hide it so well it takes a while to catch on, which I am sure is what they want. The exhange rates are definately what you you want to watch out for.

Also as someone said earlier, that if you have your original transfer paperwork showing that it came from your home country it should be no problem sending it back.

Its a B 100 k per transaction, so you can do 10 x B 100 k for a million. Depends how much you are talking about and if you comfortable with cash. If cash is okay with you, go to Rich in BKK and exchange it there, they have best exchange rates (you need a DL or passport these days). If its like millions, it depends how fast you want the money back in the UK. You can open many different Thai bank accounts with debit cards attached and draw the money back in the UK at ATM's (just make certain to change your pin codes before leaving Thailand else they won't work). If you however have proof of bringing the money into Thailand do a transfer. You can also do transfers for less than US$ 10 000 without proof of the source of the money.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Are you retarded? Walking around in the city with 100K cash when you can buy a cashier check with 20 bath fee. BTW the op did ask about transfer money from Thailand to England and not between different bank branches in Thailand

• Like 1

Instead of carrying cash to another bank, just buy a cashier check. That way you won't feel uncomfortable. It costs 20 Baht for the cashier check. Inter-bank transfer is very expensive. To transfer money out of Kasikornbank which I normally do, is quite a simple process. The receipient's passport and address is enough. If you buy a property just show them documents and that's sufficient. The government just wants to make sure you are not laundering money so the bank needs to know where and why the money is transferred out. If I am not wrong, anything less than 2 MM Baht, you no need to declare to the government.

• Like 1

-----------------------

Not at all - the replies posted are useless if the sum is indeed "large" - say several million baht.

For this I have an excellent solution if required, which I have used several times. No bank paperwork required.

Why does this conjure up a mental picture of a grainy photo of the O/P sitting at a table with several men in brown uniforms pointing at him.

• Like 1

I use PayPal as a major means of receiving and paying.

The exchange rate isnt as good as the banks but its within 3 to 5% which is not a lot to pay (cost of business).

If it were me I'd use PayPal and perhaps western Union.... as well as withdrawing big chunks to buy Gold necklaces and easily tradeable items with intrinsic market value that you can "wear" out of the country!

How thick is your skull ? He would have told us in the first post how much if he wanted too.

-----------------------

Please share the solution

In pattaya only two kasikorns do TTs. Pattaya klang west of soi bukaho and pattaya tai next to tukom. You only need to show how the money arrived or have some type of invoice as to where its going.

Fees are 1300 baht the kasikorn rate to usd on tuesday was 32.63 $3,746.58 cost 122,250.91 plus fees total 123,550.91

1 year ago my wife transfer 2.5 million baht to my account in Canada

from hers at SCB. They told her to say it was for family and said that 3 million per year was maximum.smile.png

No maximum with kasikorn or bangkok bank at least not a small amount of 3 million baht

DO NOT use paypal, Moneybooker(Skrill) for any international transfer of a substantial amount of money.

Both will hold the money with all kinds of excuses for a very long time. They will ask for all kinds of IDs when giving out the money- but nothing when taking in. I have been burnt by both these setups..

Check out http://www.paypalsucks.com/newforums/ and skrill facebook comments by people who got scammed by skrill/moneybooker. Western union charges will be exorbitant. Also BEWARE of any Nigerian advice to how to transfer money with no fees - there is nothing like it. Good Luck.

• Like 1