large amount of money in kasikorn. how to get it out and back to uk

Plenty of decent advice above, and it's not as difficult as the whingers and moaners would have you believe, as the posts above show.

Back to OP there's really not enough enough as to what OP is trying to do in the first place to answer properly.

As for the option of spreading money over a few banks, that's often a good idea for a variety of reasons, as can be spreading it across family members again for a variety of reasons.

No idea what OP means by "large" or what they're trying to achieve, but I've no issue with having a few million baht in Thai banks in different family names across different banks

Cheers

Fletch:)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

chiang mai, on 27 Feb 2014 - 16:02, said:snapback.png.pagespeed.ce.wqK3sbMpkl.png

Er, ...numbers? How much is large?

He would have told us in the first post how much if he wanted too.

-----------------------

Not at all - the replies posted are useless if the sum is indeed "large" - say several million baht.

For this I have an excellent solution if required, which I have used several times. No bank paperwork required.

Please explain...

I transfered 500k two days ago. You need to ring the K bank help desk and have your daily transfer limit lifted, I think it is 50K as default- I had mine changed to a million. Then you go to an ATM and press the 'other' button to apply for internet banking, they give you a receipt with a number to log on and a Txt you the password. Set up internet banking, write down the log in and password or you will forget it and be worse off than step one (trust me)Then you go back to the ATM and using a similar system apply for international transfer. When you go back on line you can create a 'to' account with your OS bank. I had to email my bank to get the sort codes and all that, but it all worked first time and the fee was TBT 1000.

chiang mai, on 27 Feb 2014 - 16:02, said:snapback.png

Er, ...numbers? How much is large?

How thick is your skull ? He would have told us in the first post how much if he wanted too.

-----------------------

Not at all - the replies posted are useless if the sum is indeed "large" - say several million baht.

For this I have an excellent solution if required, which I have used several times. No bank paperwork required.

Please share the solution

Contact me directly if you are serious.

Why the complete silence from OP after posting his question? With the bait of a 'large' sum of money, maybe he is a scamster? If any of you have sent him a PM with unorthodox solutions, be careful. Like the Nigerians who offer you a 10% fee for helping them transfer a billion dollars.

Why the complete silence from OP after posting his question? With the bait of a 'large' sum of money, maybe he is a scamster? If any of you have sent him a PM with unorthodox solutions, be careful. Like the Nigerians who offer you a 10% fee for helping them transfer a billion dollars.

Maybe...but many OP's make a post, get a lot of good responses, and never respond again, say thanks, etc. Some people are just that way.

If you have internet banking with Kasikorn and a work permit initially to register (after the initial registration they don't check whether you still have a WP) you can transfer THB1,000,000 per day with no questions asked, in fact no human contact at all. The last time I transferred to my account at HSBC, I received an email 20 minutes later to say the funds were in my HK account.

Apparently that fits in the category of "foreigner repatriating salary" but 1M/day, 30M/month or 365M/year is quite a decent salary.

If you have internet banking with Kasikorn and a work permit initially to register (after the initial registration they don't check whether you still have a WP) you can transfer THB1,000,000 per day with no questions asked, in fact no human contact at all. The last time I transferred to my account at HSBC, I received an email 20 minutes later to say the funds were in my HK account.

Apparently that fits in the category of "foreigner repatriating salary" but 1M/day, 30M/month or 365M/year is quite a decent salary.

Maybe they have you miscoded in their system as a Thai government official which means you may be "unusually rich" and sending out 1M/day is OK. tongue.png

The short answer is that if the money came into Thailand from abroad, the receiving bank is obligated to provide you with a tor-tor saam (TT3) a record at the central bank. You can take/send that amount back out of the country without question. If there is no record of money in your account coming from abroad then it's taxable.

If that's the case...,

i met this guy who was visiting Thailand one day while I was walking my dogs. Really nice guy. He likes Shih Tsus. Anyway, we were taIking and I was telling him about my trip to Tia Juana when I was in my early 20's (it surprised me I even remembered) and he told me there's no way that girl was the taxi driver's sister. I mean, he know's what he's talking about. Turns out his cousin is a taxi driver in Tia Juana and says they all do stuff like that. Ah, I digress... Soooo, he know's a guy who knows a guy that's supposed to be high up in one of the Mexican cartels.... can't remember which one. Anyway, those guys know how to move money around.knowwhatimean? I wasn't too interested at the time 'cause hey, when you've been in Thailand a long time, 10,000 baht is a large amount of money for me and I've never had any problem moving it around. If you want, I can call him for you and ask him to find out the best way to move it around. Only problem is I'll need to use your phone 'cause my pre-paid is running low.

The short answer is that if the money came into Thailand from abroad, the receiving bank is obligated to provide you with a tor-tor saam (TT3) a record at the central bank. You can take/send that amount back out of the country without question. If there is no record of money in your account coming from abroad then it's taxable.

If that's the case...,

i met this guy who was visiting Thailand one day while I was walking my dogs. Carlos something... oh yeah, Calos Gonzalez with 2 zs. Really nice guy. He likes Shih Tsus. He told me no one eats Shih Tsus where he's from. Anyway, we were taIking and I was telling him about my trip to Tia Juana when I was in my early 20's (it surprised me I even remembered) and he told me there's no way that girl was the taxi driver's sister. I mean, he know's what he's talking about. Turns out his cousin's brother-in-law is a taxi driver in Tia Juana and says they all say stuff like that. Ah, I digress... Soooo, it turns out that he know's a guy who knows a guy that's supposed to be high up in one of the Mexican cartels.... can't remember which one. Anyway, those guys know how to move money around, knowwhadimean? I wasn't too interested at the time 'cause hey, when you've been in Thailand a long time, 10,000 baht is a large amount of money and I never heard about anyone having trouble moving it around. But if you want, I can call him for you and ask him to find out the best way. Only problem is I'll need to use your phone 'cause my pre-paid is running low.

• Like 1

The suitcase option works in the movies.

If they don't like what they see in the scanner and take a look you can kiss the cash goodbye.

Bright people might want to put it in checked baggage. Sure, why not? And if your luggage busts open

when they toss it around, just blow a kiss.

And please, when someone asks about taking out a million or more sensible replies would be nice. Ten thousand is petty cash, walking-around money. And forget PayPal, small daily limits mean it would take quite a while to take out 1 million+.

have you got a certificate of the transaction when you had the money sent to Thailand.if you have there is no problem,if you haven't then there is a limit.anyway why do you want to send it back to the uk.unless your planning on moving back.

Why bother? if you have an ATM card you can get at your cash anywhere anytime - and most banks will up the limit for withdrawals - 200,000 is the daily limit for SCB. You might drain a couple of ATMs but in the UK there is no shortage of them.

Also at the Baht/Pound rate you're 20% down before you start. And right now I trust Thai banks a lot more than the house of cards that passes for the current UK circus, plus if you take a large amount back to the UK, the system will start asking questions and the tax man will suddenly fall in love with you.

With regard to cash the maximum amount you can legally carry under EU law is 10,000 euros - anything over it gets confiscated, yes you will get a receipt, and if they are satisfied with your story you will get it back, but you will be logged for future reference.

Personally I would just carry the plastic (and a spare or two JIC) but it's your money and your choice, Chok Dee

• Like 1

Be very careful - all UK banks (and euro zone) automatically notify Customs and Revenue of any account that turns over more than £12,000 a year (that's why all the UK banks are sooo nice about you banking £1000 a month!

This now applies to HSBC Offshore in Jersey.

Last year, after we sold our house here, we transferred 7.5 million baht to our U.S. bank account through Bangkok Bank with no problems and a very small charge (a few hundred baht). It was easy; we just went in and did it in a few minutes. They had to call Bank of Thailand and while they were on the phone they asked us where the money came from and the reason for the transfer. We told them from the sale of our house and that we were thinking of buying property in the U.S. and that was it. Paperwork done in a few minutes, money took 3 days to show up in the U.S. account. The Bangkok Bank Manager told us we could transfer up to 1 million dollars per year.

We had accounts in 3 other Thai banks and all of them said no. So we opened an account at Bangkok Bank and moved it there just for the purpose of the transfer. I do have a Thai wife if that makes a difference and the account is in both our names. The reason Bangkok Bank can do it so easily is that they are an international bank with branches in other countries. They have one in New York (that facilitated our transfer) and I believe they have one in London.

Edited by hhfarang
  • Like 1

If you want to take cash out,simply ask ur bank to make a pay order in your name, in exchange of a small feesa pay order of any amount will be made out to you. Simply go to another kadikorn branch with ur id and present the pay order and take ur cash simple, buy euro 500 euro notes and your Large CAS will look like a small bundle of euros....

• 6 months later...

If you don't want to use a bank for international transfer there is one interesting oprion: Bitcoin .

The current exchange rate XBT or BTC (bitcoin) to Dollar is about 400 US $.

But the rate is sometimes changing dramatically. It needs some internet skills to use it.

A good guide is at http://www.jetglobalbusiness.com/moneytransfer/bitcoin.html

For bigger amounts do NOT use any ONLINE storage of Bitcoins. (Google MtGox ... they went bankrupt last year)

Maybe that is the 'secret' solution some guys have. But if they tell nothing why should you trust them ?

post-165695-0-22276900-1411120890_thumb.

Edited by jomaha