Where are all the older White/Thai Kids?

hellohello123

Just wondering, although the bar scene represents a small portion of the total female population,

Where are most of these older children (5-25 years old)?

Even walking down the streets I dont think ive seen many except for the young ones in a stroller being pushed by the usually older white guy

We know the odds of these relationships working out are lower then average, so do the kids get sent back to the country side to be looked after by grandparents?

if a thai lady (bargirl or not) becomes a single mother from a customer or a one night stand, and decides to keep it, is she or the child ostracised?

Or are they put into high class international schools paid by their partner/former partner?

Ive heard of a few ladies with 3 kids from 3 different white guys, all by the time she is 25, and wondering why 'she cant find love" and still saying "thai man no good"

My oldest is 15 and in school abroad as are most of the children he grew up with. It seems to me that the 90s is when the broad acceptance towards mixed children surfaced hence even though there are a large number of mixed children they are still young. The New generation will be more present in another decade

• Like 1

They're everywhere. You might not recognize them when you see em, but they're definitely here. You get an eye for it over time (just like you do with the Laos, Burmese, and Cambodian laboreres residing in TH). Many of the top celebrities are a mix of Thai and foreigner. Search Mario Maurer (Thai-German) or Eve Pancharoen (Thai-Belgian).

• Like 1

They're everywhere. You might not recognize them when you see em, but they're definitely here. You get an eye for it over time (just like you do with the Laos, Burmese, and Cambodian laboreres residing in TH). Many of the top celebrities are a mix of Thai and foreigner. Search Mario Maurer (Thai-German) or Eve Pancharoen (Thai-Belgian).

yes ive heard that many of the mixed heritage are making their way into thai media, same as in japan, in fact, many of the models there are mixed japanese! and are absolutely stunning.

Take a look at Jessica Michibata

FYI the majority of foreigners married to Thai are more than likely equal status relationships nowadays. The old stereotypes you are referring to are just that old. I personally know 100's of mixed marriages where the social status of both partners was equal before marriage and they are happy.

LOL.

Are you a marriage counselor?

I mean how do you get to know 100's of mixed marriages?

"Are you a marriage counselor?

I mean how do you get to know 100's of mixed marriages?"

In 15 years of living in Thailand, I have many friends and even more acquintances so yes literally it is easy to meet 100's of couples that have made similar choices. In CM alone I know at least 20 different couples right now in their early 30's-40's that we meet regularly. There have been many that have lived in Thailand and then go abroad. Some chose to leave for better jobs and for better education.

" Are you a marriage counselor?

I mean how do you get to know 100's of mixed marriages?"

I don't drink either, but you seem to know a lot more about that lifestyle than I do.

One of the main reasons is that they are likely at school. At the weekends, at their extra schools.

It often worries me when adults are searching the streets for children. Worries me more when said adults post on an open forum asking where to find them. Just seems wrong, hairs up on the back of the neck and that.

Just sayin'............................sad.png

Have a look at the Thai soap operas and movies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xz7kjuBDmeA

I quite honestly found the all Thai looking girls in that video more attractive than the mixed ones, I am not sure why the Thais have this fascination with mixed ethnicity. I find it a bit weird to worship celebrities as examples of Thai beauty, when they are in reality as much white as they are thai. Quite a strange self hating concept.

To the OP,

So you say "bar girl or not", it still implies that you are stating most females in Thailand are prostitutes. Also isolating as "white" mixes is a bit insulting as there are a lot of other Asian country relationships, Indians, Iranians and they're Blacks here as well....etc. Working foreigners & so many who have never even considered a bar girl. Also the fact that a statement which says the mixes should stand out is rather prejudiced, as if they were mutants. Seriously, where did you come from? Better yet, how do we get stuck with such a quality of human beings.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Mine are 14 and 12 and spend weekdays being educated and weekends at home or out with me shopping or doing regular family things. With friends they either go to their house or they come to ours - they don't walk the streets alone (these include mostly full Thais).

University and the skateboard scene is where I meet quite a bit of them

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

stop making sense.

budy the OP cant under stand why he is not meeting them at seniors dances and 'round the bingo.

Edited by HooHaa
  • Like 1

Speaking for my eldest. Her english and Thai skills are at a level much higher than any Thai translators

As such, why is in demand to do all sorts of negotiating for expats with thai Gov offices, suppliers etc.

Reasonable education and an expat parent put our kids right at the top of the pile, and thais worship them as they are white and have small noses.

So you say "bar girl or not", it still implies that you are stating most females in Thailand are prostitutes.

Not really; it's just giving him away as having had an extremely limited exposure to Thailand, in time spent or areas covered or both.

It's literally in every line:

* although the bar scene ...

* we know the odds of these relationships working out are lower than average, ...

* bargirl or not

* the "Thai man no good" trope.

Not sure there is a whole lot to discuss here. Mixed kids are a bit more likely to be in middle class environments and as such hang out in the same places, schools and other areas as similar Thai kids.

• 3 weeks later...

I have often wondered that myself. Walking around Pattaya, I see a lot of guys with Thai wives

pushing a baby stroller. But seldom ever see a farang/Thai family with a older kid. So I guess

either the relationships break up and the kid is growing up in Isan, or the farang is rich and

the kid is off to Switzerland at a finishing school...