Artists - Where to buy kneaded eraser?

bjohn34

I ve looked a couple places to buy a kneaded eraser, specifically the big store by U.N. Irish Pub and Suriwong Book Store without success. Maybe I overlooked, but could not find.

Any of you CM artists know where I might find one?

Thanks

Edited by bjohn34

Usually I'll just scroll the timeline when bored, but needed to reply to this lazy excuse. ARTIST! Really, you give a bad name. An <deleted> eraser. "Artistic" people or the real ones don't have to ask such a stupid question avoiding the exploration that defines their minds. Can only guess you're shortly out of school.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Usually I'll just scroll the timeline when bored, but needed to reply to this lazy excuse. ARTIST! Really, you give a bad name. An <deleted> eraser. "Artistic" people or the real ones don't have to ask such a stupid question avoiding the exploration that defines their minds. Can only guess you're shortly out of school.

Wow we got out of the wrong side of the bed this morning, didn't we?

biggrin.png

biggrin.png

The wrong side of the bed and uneducated to boot! A "Kneaded" eraser is a VERY different sort than they type found in most stationary shops. There are basically four different eraser types: Kneaded, Gum, Ink, and pencil. The last two are what can be found easily. Gum erasers are a bit more difficult to locate, and kneaded erasers almost impossible until you find a very well stocked art or drafting supply shop. That large 3-floor shop near the UN Irish Pub has a very large art department, and if they don't carry them, I wouldn't even begin to know what shops might!

To the OP; you might try contacting either CMU engineering department, or Chiang Mai Techical College. Both offer drafting programs. Maejo University has a very good art department and may be able to put you on the right track too.

• Like 1

biggrin.png

The wrong side of the bed and uneducated to boot! A "Kneaded" eraser is a VERY different sort than they type found in most stationary shops. There are basically four different eraser types: Kneaded, Gum, Ink, and pencil. The last two are what can be found easily. Gum erasers are a bit more difficult to locate, and kneaded erasers almost impossible until you find a very well stocked art or drafting supply shop. That large 3-floor shop near the UN Irish Pub has a very large art department, and if they don't carry them, I wouldn't even begin to know what shops might!

To the OP; you might try contacting either CMU engineering department, or Chiang Mai Techical College. Both offer drafting programs. Maejo University has a very good art department and may be able to put you on the right track too.

Thanks. Will follow up on your suggestions

I was tempted to answer the first reply with a quote attributed to Churchill, Lincoln and Mark Twain, but decided not to waste the bandwidth.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

biggrin.png

Thanks. Will follow up on your suggestions

I was tempted to answer the first reply with a quote attributed to Churchill, Lincoln and Mark Twain, but decided not to waste the bandwidth.

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."

As an Artist, your mind is always as open as your words, better to shut thou mouth if you're just a pretender. The kids out of these schools now, think but don't react, know, or can comphrend what it is to be born as an Artist.

biggrin.png

Uneducated...really. Idiot. When as an Artist needed to be educated. However your direction of the OP is sound, just don't think you know anything of being an Artist.

biggrin.png

Uneducated...really. Idiot. When as an Artist needed to be educated. However your direction of the OP is sound, just don't think you know anything of being an Artist.

OK... I won't. But please tell the OP where he can purchase a kneaded eraser. That was his question rather than wondering if he was an artist. He never suggested he was.

He was asking for help FROM artists.

I offered help. You did NOT offer help.

I wonder which of us IS an artist? cheesy.gif

And there is no definition as an Artist, though best bet thou is one from birth. Education is only refinement. The other unmentioned question would be what makes an Artist....hmmmm....poetry, general creative writing, drawing, painting & of course to be able to adapt & apply across all platforms - paper, canvas, computers & construction. What's not an Artist, but a want-to-be is someone who needs to go to school for any of the above.

Sorry, please allow me to retract any offense. Going back to the OP, what city is he in or closest town/village?

Considering he's said that he's looked at shops in Chiang Mai, that might be a good place to start...

Sorry, please allow me to retract any offense. Going back to the OP, what city is he in or closest town/village?

Considering he's said that he's looked at shops in Chiang Mai, that might be a good place to start...

Can't say the Soi, but if were to do a Search, the same Soi which has the "Mr Beers" rental shop has a 2-story art store close by. Bought my drawing pads & selective India Ink pens.

Can't say the Soi, but if were to do a Search, the same Soi which has the "Mr Beers" rental shop has a 2-story art store close by. Bought my drawing pads & selective India Ink pens.

in the old city

Thanks. I searched and think you are probably referring to the large store near the UN Irish Pub. They are on the same street as Mr Beer rentals.

I looked there before and could not find the kneaded eraser but may have overlooked it. Will check again.

As an Artist, your mind is always as open as your words, better to shut thou mouth if you're just a pretender. The kids out of these schools now, think but don't react, know, or can comphrend what it is to be born as an Artist.

Is this artistic enough for you?

97519811_640.jpg

Off topic, but No, photography is only when accompanied by a theme which if just right can be caught in a single picture which yours does not.

You disappoint me. There was me thinking you had vision and at least some vague notion of conceptualization.

Off topic, but No, photography is only when accompanied by a theme which if just right can be caught in a single picture which yours does not.

The topic is "Where to buy a kneaded eraser?" Still waiting for your on-topic contribution

As Frasier Crane said to Cliff Clavin, " What color is the sky in your world ? "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZDewhEHKD0

Multiples in a theme.

Medium: watercolour pencils

hands.jpg

Much better, though still a picture. Better said through the mind. Articulate, approach, specify & direct or redirect. Posted images don't prove you were the creator. Likewise, find in Thailand the lack of real artists, just copycats.

The topic is "Where to buy a kneaded eraser?" Still waiting for your on-topic contribution

As Frasier Crane said to Cliff Clavin, " What color is the sky in your world ? "

Yes, just pointing out or replying & already gave it. Just tired of schooled rather than real artists and the complaining about what they know nothing.

Multiples in a theme.

Medium: watercolour pencils

hands.jpg

Much better, though still a picture. Better said through the mind. Articulate, approach, specify & direct or redirect. Posted images don't prove you were the creator. Likewise, find in Thailand the lack of real artists, just copycats.

..i think most will know by now what my mind is trying to tell you.

Yes, just pointing out or replying & already gave it. Just tired of schooled rather than real artists and the complaining about what they know nothing.

We get it, we get it. YOu are an unschooled "artist" with a chip on your shoulders about schooled artists, thus you feel the right to proclaim what you personally (with your unschooled natural ability) believe constitutes as having artistic merit.

..but still, you got any idea where he can get a much needed kneaded eraser? I dont. Sorry OP.

Edited by LaraC

We get it, we get it. YOu are an unschooled "artist" with a chip on your shoulders about schooled artists, thus you feel the right to proclaim what you personally (with your unschooled natural ability) believe constitutes as having artistic merit.

..but still, you got any idea where he can get a much needed kneaded eraser? I dont. Sorry OP.

Already suggested that place in old town. Also I'm an university grad with a BA in Arts. Not complaining about having an education, just the ones who needed that education to create.

..what like Performing Arts? lol

performing Arts is a bastardization of Art, the same goes for acting. Better said, it is kitch.

*whooosh* Nvm...

Shame you didnt get Honours with your Bachelors, maybe a bit of theory would have helped.

Ok im done..feel like a cat toying with a mouse. Seems unfair.

Sorry for messing your thread OP.