Suthep says he is ready to talk to Yingluck

webfact

Love all the guys on here describing how he "would tear her a new one" bla bla bla yet safe to assume 80%+ can`t speak Thai. How they can asses how articulate she is is beyond me when you don`t even speak the lingo. I fear most are basing her debating skills on her English speaking interviews (a language Suthep can`t speak at all.)

Like or loathe PT and Yingluck (and Im no fan, just like im not of the other side) the way she has out manouvered Suthep throughout is impressive. He is literally battling to just stay relevant now, things are moving on without him.

Hes a nobody with a mandate to represent nobody.

Yingluck has been outsmarted, out-maneuvered, and backed into a corner that she will not get out of. She will soon be gone, Suthep will, in time, be a hero to many, i don't like him, but no question he has won this round and kept PTPs corrupt hands off more than 2 trillion baht.

Why has Suthep got another "Final Push" penciled in ? laugh.png

4 months have passed and nothing has changed. Well one thing has changed, the amount of protest sites has diminished and the amount of people at them number 100`s if not less.

Every opportunity to draw the government into violence and start a coup has failed. Every effort to bring them down via a judicial coup has failed. Considering how weak Yinglucks hand has become with the farmers now turning against her, its actually an embarassment they still havn`t managed to remove her.

If you think that walking Bangkoks streets for months on end with some Southern peasants, shaking a tin like some kind of charity walk, is out smarting your opposition, then thats fair enough.

The government's position has been significantly weakened. They have failed to find a legal out, failed to disperse the protesters, failed to get the election finalised, failed to sell the rice, failed to secure loans and failed to pay the farmers. The PM and former commerce minister are up on charges over the rice scheme which may send them to the clink, 20 people are dead and more than 700 injured.

Its a failed government. They can't do anything.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good idea. Hold it at the police headquarters please and when he's done, arrest him as he has an arrest warrant for murder still outstanding.

Yeah good idea. And when he is done, the cops might like to arrest her.....and congratulate him for the eye opening!

Why would the cops arrest Yingluck? She's not the one with the outstanding murder warrant, Suthep is.

Aren't there so far 11 farmers dead because of they didn't get paid for their rice ? Time to lay murder charges I would say.

" Yingluck told reporters that she wants to ask Suthep whether he is ready to hold talks under the framework of the Constitution or not.

"Moreover is Khun Suthep ready to halt the protests so that the election can proceed according to the principles of democracy?" she asked."

Suthep has threatened her and her family. Regardless she will not sink to his level, or anywhere near it.

What ever you think of her politics this is a lady with class who with a few words has shot down Suthep leaving him looking like the smuck he is.

I will not talk to anyone threatened my family. Even if he or she apologize.

In the capacity as the leader of the country I would put the population before my own personal grievances. Lives are being lost and they will con tune to be lost. It has the potential of a civil war and in 6 months time if theta potential is reached and there are 100's or 1000's dead how will history judge yingluck on not going to a meeting to create reconciliation because of personal grievances? I know what your thinking Suriya, and NO that judge can't be kidnapped.

On the other hand because she is so stupid that she would fail a survey the last thing she would want to do is show that stupidity on national TV and be made a fool of.

I can see why the UDD supporters hold her in such high esteem. They can identify with her.

Cheers.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Good idea. Hold it at the police headquarters please and when he's done, arrest him as he has an arrest warrant for murder still outstanding.

I dont think there is an arrest warrant for suthep for murder, neither is there an arrest warrant for Yingluck for the slaughter of innocent children......yet

You would be wrong on that one.

So Suthep wants to "talk". but only of subjects HE chooses, with conditions HE wants, and NOTHING else. Even when pretending to want to talk the man can't help but behaving like a little Mussolini.

The same as everytime Yingluck wants to open dialog with Suthep and his lot, its a list of pre-conditions (with the latest being 'end the protests, let the election run *then* we can talk')

So... i put it to you...

So Yingluck wants to "talk". but only of subjects SHE chooses, with conditions SHE wants, and NOTHING else. Even when pretending to want to talk the woman can't help but behaving like a sock puppet mouthing an exciled criminals demands.

Links to Yingluck saying the protest must end before talks can start please?

Ironically though in 2010 the red shirt leadership agreed to meet Suthep and his side kick Abhisit several times before any violence broke out but nothing not even a roadmap could be accepted until all protesters went home, it was "the rule of law" according to MR. S.

What I, and the rest of the world apart from you, remember from those meetings is that the red shirts made demands and that Abhisit and Suthep agreed to those demands, after which the red shirts CHANGED their demands. This happened 3 times.

• Like 1

What I, and the rest of the world apart from you, remember from those meetings is that the red shirts made demands and that Abhisit and Suthep agreed to those demands, after which the red shirts CHANGED their demands. This happened 3 times.

I remember it vividly... and remember laughing when the General Election was a few months or so later than it would have been had they accepted Abhisit's proposal.

" Yingluck told reporters that she wants to ask Suthep whether he is ready to hold talks under the framework of the Constitution or not.

"Moreover is Khun Suthep ready to halt the protests so that the election can proceed according to the principles of democracy?" she asked."

Suthep has threatened her and her family. Regardless she will not sink to his level, or anywhere near it.

What ever you think of her politics this is a lady with class who with a few words has shot down Suthep leaving him looking like the smuck he is.

In the capacity as the leader of the country I would put the population before my own personal grievances. Lives are being lost and they will con tune to be lost. It has the potential of a civil war and in 6 months time if theta potential is reached and there are 100's or 1000's dead how will history judge yingluck on not going to a meeting to create reconciliation because of personal grievances? I know what your thinking Suriya, and NO that judge can't be kidnapped.

On the other hand because she is so stupid that she would fail a survey the last thing she would want to do is show that stupidity on national TV and be made a fool of.

I can see why the UDD supporters hold her in such high esteem. They can identify with her.

Cheers.

"they will con tune to be lost" what does our 'intellectual Giant" mean? and " I know what your thinking Suriya, and NO that judge can't be kidnapped"

DJ Jamie go back to school LOL sums up the intelligence of the Suthep fascists LOL

I remember it vividly... and remember laughing when the General Election was a few months or so later than it would have been had they accepted Abhisit's proposal.

and the Reds won YET again???

• Like 1

Yeah good idea. And when he is done, the cops might like to arrest her.....and congratulate him for the eye opening!

Why would the cops arrest Yingluck? She's not the one with the outstanding murder warrant, Suthep is.

Aren't there so far 11 farmers dead because of they didn't get paid for their rice ? Time to lay murder charges I would say.

11 now is it?

The following post link that I made previously is for the supporters that think the suicides are not related to the rice scheme. Mind you they think the rice scheme is not corrupt too.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/707279-is-escalating-violence-against-protesters-a-tactical-move-by-thai-govt/?p=7496563

Edited by djjamie

and the Reds won YET again???

Indeed, Thaksin Yingluck told the farmers some porkies, and they won. Sad actually that she now runs when those farmers want to ask her about all those lies.

Reading the comments Suthep has just made on the TV updates-

The man is stark raving mad-

He has dropped all pretense of compromise and reason- reading these statements is chilling- he sounds like the guy in movies who implodes at a public meeting- I know the stress has been great- but there are people who still believe that he is sane enough to lead them- my god.

Whoever is pulling his strings will, I think, very soon, cut him loose and find another face for the glorious revolution. Even the most fervent and passionate supporter of these protests will be having second thoughts.

The first indications were his switcheroo on banks lending money to help the farmers- but now- re his 'readiness' to talk to YL--

It is as if he is mocking his own self of a few hours ago- pure craziness.

The pied piper of Bangkok- Jonestown- Please - to his supporters on this forum- calm down- listen to him- don't let his roars and triumphant screams cloud your judgement-- I believe there are sane and rational people on the yellow side of the divide- but he is no longer one of them- And I do feel sorry for him- because soon- his handlers will hand him to the dogs.

Edited by blaze

Actually, he's been making a lot of valid points this evening on stage. I don't think he's gone mad, but he can smell victory.

He is and never will be the leader, he is a Trojan horse IMO, but if it gets rid of the Shinafia them I'm all for it.

Actually, he's been making a lot of valid points this evening on stage. I don't think he's gone mad, but he can smell victory.

He is and never will be the leader, he is a Trojan horse IMO, but if it gets rid of the Shinafia them I'm all for it.

Regimes- unpopular- some corrupt, many inefficient have been torn to bits in the past- Pol Pot got rid of the quislings in Cambodia- Hitler put an end to the corrupt and inefficient Weimar- and the Shining Path came close to ending the corruption in Peru-- be careful who you follow- just because you share enemies, doesn't mean he is your friend!

The farmers that killed themselves did so because they borrowed from loan sharks who charge 20-30% interest. No farmer in Thailand is starving to death. The farmers made more money in the past 3 years under the rice scheme than they would have made selling to rice mills. Much more over 3 years than the 1 harvest pending payment. People committed suicide before Thaksin was born and will commit suicide long after he dies. Millions of farmers live without committing suicide. Those who did likely had other problems.

• Like 1

Cheers.

"they will con tune to be lost" what does our 'intellectual Giant" mean? and " I know what your thinking Suriya, and NO that judge can't be kidnapped"

DJ Jamie go back to school LOL sums up the intelligence of the Suthep fascists LOL

So no comment on the substance of my point? Only a clarification on a spell check error and an understanding of what I mean regarding a tongue in cheek comment?

I am perplexed how a spell check error and a tongue in cheek comment would suggest that I need further schooling and more so that I am a fascist? If anything the spell check error highlights that I did not proof read my post before hitting the post button. As for the tongue in cheek comment I would love to see the link between that and me being a fascist.

The funny thing is you are the one that was not able to offer a sound rebuttal to my post and to further that you had to ask me what a certain word was as well as asking for an understanding of another comment and you say I need to go back to school!

My last comment has actually been ratified by your reply. So not need to argue that point further at least.

Rest assured I proof read this post so there is no misunderstanding and I have not made any confusing tongue in cheek comments that might confuse you.

Anyway feel free to comment on my post and the yingluck comments unless of course it is easier to personally attack me and treat me with contempt.

Cheers.

Edited by djjamie

The farmers that killed themselves did so because they borrowed from loan sharks who charge 20-30% interest. No farmer in Thailand is starving to death. The farmers made more money in the past 3 years under the rice scheme than they would have made selling to rice mills. Much more over 3 years than the 1 harvest pending payment. People committed suicide before Thaksin was born and will commit suicide long after he dies. Millions of farmers live without committing suicide. Those who did likely had other problems.

OK, now you have heard his "Beliefs" you can compare them to my "Facts".

http://www.thaivisa....govt/?p=7496563

About bloody time too! Although she may not be PM for to much longer by the look of things.

"By the look of things"? Try "by the look of things" shortly after PAD had set up in Lumphini- and the press described a meeting of some of the most 'connected' old ladies in a tea house in Bangkok (you know the ones- swept back lacquered hair- pure Thai credentials- lots of significant prefixes to their names) = who came out of the tea room to state in no uncertain terms that Thaksin was to be gotten rid of.

Nobody who has been watching the unfolding of events for the last 8 years expected her to be allowed to serve her term- nor will any other gov't that threatens the establishment. = that dares to act like a real government that seeks (with competence or incompetence) to fulfill its popular mandate should that mandate threaten the established status quo.

Edited by blaze

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And what sort of right has the Dusit Puppet to demand these sorts of things? Oh, that's right: none. Let's face it he's an intellectual midget next to her (remind me what educational levels he reached) but he can out-thug her anytime of course. Why on earth should she sit in the same room as someone who has threatened to have her and her family eradicated?

Are you claiming Yingluck is an intellectual AND has high education levels? Seriously?

Feel free to tell the University of Kentucky that their Masters Degree is worthless. Whether you like her or not it's an accredited university in the USA that has standing. Who to believe? The US national system that provides that accreditation or some anonymous farang on Thai Visa.

I thought about it for a fraction of a second and decided to go with the US system.

I wouldn't say a degree is worthless it proves who ever has obtained a degree is capable of learning , just like you can train monkeys , dogs etc and I don't mean this to sound derogatory to some one who has a degree but it doesn't always mean they are up to scratch with normal everyday situations. Also just because someone hasn't studied and obtained a qualification it doesn't mean they're not intelligent

And what sort of right has the Dusit Puppet to demand these sorts of things? Oh, that's right: none. Let's face it he's an intellectual midget next to her (remind me what educational levels he reached) but he can out-thug her anytime of course. Why on earth should she sit in the same room as someone who has threatened to have her and her family eradicated?

Are you claiming Yingluck is an intellectual AND has high education levels? Seriously?

Feel free to tell the University of Kentucky that their Masters Degree is worthless. Whether you like her or not it's an accredited university in the USA that has standing. Who to believe? The US national system that provides that accreditation or some anonymous farang on Thai Visa.

I thought about it for a fraction of a second and decided to go with the US system.

I wouldn't say a degree is worthless it proves who ever has obtained a degree is capable of learning , just like you can train monkeys , dogs etc and I don't mean this to sound derogatory to some one who has a degree but it doesn't always mean they are up to scratch with normal everyday situations. Also just because someone hasn't studied and obtained a qualification it doesn't mean they're not intelligent

Millions of farmers live without committing suicide.

I love this comment.

So if they do commit suicide they no longer live?

I would like to add if I may.

She has a masters degree from an English speaking university. A Masters degree would assume that a strong grasp of the English language be a pre requisite.

Look at the below and tell me how she can get a Masters degree in America where the language spoken is English?

So Suthep wants to "talk". but only of subjects HE chooses, with conditions HE wants, and NOTHING else. Even when pretending to want to talk the man can't help but behaving like a little Mussolini.

The same as everytime Yingluck wants to open dialog with Suthep and his lot, its a list of pre-conditions (with the latest being 'end the protests, let the election run *then* we can talk')

So... i put it to you...

So Yingluck wants to "talk". but only of subjects SHE chooses, with conditions SHE wants, and NOTHING else. Even when pretending to want to talk the woman can't help but behaving like a sock puppet mouthing an exciled criminals demands.

Links to Yingluck saying the protest must end before talks can start please?

Ironically though in 2010 the red shirt leadership agreed to meet Suthep and his side kick Abhisit several times before any violence broke out but nothing not even a roadmap could be accepted until all protesters went home, it was "the rule of law" according to MR. S.

You have a very different recollection ofevents than many.

Was about to say the same, but then thought, why bother, I doubt firestar is interested in what actually happened :-)

• Like 1