PM Yingluck rejects face-to-face talks with protest leader Suthep

Lite Beer

It is inappropriate for a sitting PM of Thailand to sit and "debate" with the leader of a special interest group and who has set the conditions for such an event. If there was an election and Suthep in his capacity as leader of a registered political party wished to have such a debate within the context of the election, then yes it would be a reasonable request. Suthep can return to legitimate politics, become leader of the Democrat party and then contest an election.

Your way of putting it--in her defense.

What about anyone--OK then Abhisit ?? you know the answer she is not up for this sort of thing---whenever has she excelled in any interview ??

She actually does not refuse--only she uses the - elections first-- which no one accepts. This her opt out.

If there were no problems, whenever has she accepted Abhisits invitation ??? she always looks for an excuse I wonder why---any thing to ad GK without running off---please stick to the Questions though that is my pre condition.

Seams that it is Inappropriate at any time.

• Like 1

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What head of state would ever have gone into a televised "debate" with someone so far removed from political relevance?

Again, a non-story followed by a lot of nonsensical chattering.

"What head of state would ever have gone into a televised "debate" "

I guess you are naively unaware that the "head of state" doesn't do televised debates and is not discussed on this forum.

Perhaps in your innocence you mean't the "caretaker" lame duck P.M. Yingluck.?

I myself cannot decide but I need someone to help look at other problem-solving perspectives.

Ms Yingluck said she alone could not answer the question and opinions from several people would be more beneficial as there would be knowledgeable people to jointly find resolutions.

I would like to know what she can do by herself, besides shopping of course.

She can lie, cheat, steal and of course cry on cue. That 4 things.

Give an instance where she cheated or stole.

If I may quote you:

The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. Winston Churchill

Hang around until the NACC's Rice investigation is complete... then you will have your answer.

Didn't she cheat on her declaration of Assets as required when she entered the job as PM....didn't mention the Baht 3M watch. ????

• Like 1

Suthep did not offer 'open' talks he offered a TRAP and Yingluck was wise to avoid it

The Thai people are not stupid and they see what this 'Dear Leader" is offering

Crush him is the cry from almost every Thai I know

What Trap? If she ain't got nothing to hide there's nothing to fear surely?

You need to cut out all the "bro", "dude" talk, it sounds like you're 16 or younger or something and it won't help you getting any other support from the dwindling reds on here. Keep up the debate but keep it mature.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

can you read? where is the "bro" or "dude" in this post? and as I have received 1000 "likes" I don't need your advice thanks

Pity they don't have a "dislike" button on TV.

• Like 2

She is a puppet but does not want people to find out who she really is. She just admitted that she is not capable of convincing Thai people about her existence.

In public she is PM but in reality she is a puppet. How many governments are like the Yingluck administration doing the puppet show?

We'll we all knew she would refuse and for the reasons she has given. She doesn't know what to say without a lot of help.

What wise person would?

Never understood diplomatic language did you?

Stuphed wants to keep this at a kindergarten level. Macho man, as he thinks he is.

Come on ppl on TV, are you so empty headed that you can't see that this is a clown with a lethal mission?

Sent from the Appie Tappie

In contrast to Thaksin who is on a lethal mission but no-one finds amusing.

I'm not a supporter of Thasksin, but of democracy. I'm a supporter of real elections without the threats of cowards. Yes, there's plenty of possible mistakes that the elected gov made but then thais hss to rule them out, democratically! Is this sooo hard to understand? Where do you ppl come from?? Russia? It surely looks that way. Cool your heads and think a little! !!!

Sent from the Appie Tappie

The defence of Thakin and his control of the government has nothing to do with the defence of democracy.

Democracy means government by discussion,but it is only effective if you can stop people talking,the whole dream of democracy is to raise the proletarian to the level of stupidity attained by the bourgeois!!!!democracy is a process by which the people are free the man of woman who will get the blame.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Democracy means government by discussion,but it is only effective if you can stop people talking,the whole dream of democracy is to raise the proletarian to the level of stupidity attained by the bourgeois!!!!democracy is a process by which the people are free the man of woman who will get the blame.

?

Yingluck is losing much support in chiangmai and chiangrai, just ask thais who live there they will tell you how they feel. That includes many tuk tuk drivers i have spoken to.

Yes. There's a strong chance that her support would have declined further and the opposition parties would have had a good chance of beating her in the 2015 election. But thanks to Suthep and his band of anti-democracy protestors Thailand is now in a state of violent chaos.

Suthep didn't want to talk; he wanted a televised show of his yelling and screaming at the PM knowing she could not match his hostility. I find it hard to believe the number of western farang that have been brainwashed to think that a democratically elected government should be replaced with anything other than another democratically elected government. To think that someone should replace the, again, democratically elected government with an unelected committee to make some obscure reforms is either an idiot or hopelessly henpecked.

Yingluck is losing much support in chiangmai and chiangrai, just ask thais who live there they will tell you how they feel. That includes many tuk tuk drivers i have spoken to.

Sorry, I'm sure your comment was made with good intent, but please read it again... tuk tuk drivers indeed. Tut, tut.

Edited by rwhoov

I myself cannot decide but I need someone to help look at other problem-solving perspectives.

Ms Yingluck said she alone could not answer the question and opinions from several people would be more beneficial as there would be knowledgeable people to jointly find resolutions.

I would like to know what she can do by herself, besides shopping of course.

She can lie, cheat, steal and of course cry on cue. That 4 things.

I suspect she is also very proficient in using Skype, but crying IS her specialty. I can't imagine that Thailand, or maybe the world, will ever have another politician who can cry like her.

At least her admission that she unable to do the basic tasks or make the decisions required of a country's leader is a step forward. But I suppose by now, not even SHE can pretend that she was ever in charge when it's been sooooo obvious that everything has been coming from Dubai.

I have been to the rallies in the past and the new ones, watch blue sky tv where you actually see real news of the events and whats happening.

Who saw the clips from the Red shirts celebrating the deaths when they announced on stage in front of their 4000 or so massed crowd, the announcements of 4 more have died today, then each leader coming up in terns saying how they are gogin to kill you, and bla bla, even at the protest sites they addres these very real issues ( all videod, no BS here ) its shocking.

Who can remember the red protests ? I was around in and around it all, all you ever saw on stage was idiots imitating people making up dances pretending to be these people. You don;t see that with the anti Govt.

I get the feeling half the people here have no idea why their even protesting, just like to sit back and say "Oh so stupid, get off the roads bla bla " with no effort at all to figure it out.

Yingluck, the ongoing sarga of Of Thaksin who loves to run the country as a business to control billions of dollars, and grant project rights to joint thailand owned companies - or rice like schemes, means a hell of a lot of money to be made at stake. Currupt as sht. The people are completley over it.

When the yellow shirts are protesting, attacks on and in their area, when the reds are protesting, bombs in the public were going off, not in side their area. Like firing granades in to the BTS station that happened , came from the Red Protest site..

Yingluck can not surrender, they are in real danger of her family losing alot, they will never give that up. Assets and money will be seized etc, so they will hangon.

My advise, if you really are supporting this Govt, which is very hard to believe with even a little research, go to the rally site, listen, learn, and try not to get shot.

There is a hell of alot of smart people their. My friends who are surgeons, radiiologists, doctors, pilots, are their al whom care very much for all of thailand. If you think their is no support for the current protests, , then again - where were you in the marches and rallies, there is over a million supporters in central bangkok, all who come out when called to.

I was at the largest gathering at victory monument - calculated from the air with 450k at one moment - with a constant strea of people coming and going - estimated that over that day, over a million.

As for the Red, inciting hate speeches nithe last few days, that should be a crime , as it is in civilised countries - ( Recorded live, celebrating the death of children, each leader having turns onhate speaches and saying hey will kill us, etc etc - most unbeleivable thing seen yet ) they did just announce 600k recruitment drive for fit young men to be trained as a peoples army - they are going to use violence all the way. Up north is a completley different scene, you will not get to hear balance, only one sided view that people here want to topple the govt and take their livihood away.. twisted messages.

If Thais allow this to go on , then enjoy it when police walk in to shops and demand money for music rights, motor bike offence of been a falung with money as 5 people on one bike go past with no helmets etc the list is endless - last time police were caught extracting money from innocent tailor shop - by a thai journislist, he said to the police men, Your boss said this was illegal, and to stand agiast corruption, they replied, it is him commanding these actions - we have to do it - refering to Chalerm, when he was questioned, he replied, its Chinese new year, we are allowed to take donations. And, it was from an Indian tailor, as if the indian tailor is giving police men a nice donation?? this is the retard nature that the people have had enough of. - and that was it. End of story - people like this need to be removed. Plan and simple. Yet alone of Mr C and his son, both been recorded of execution likfe mafia shootings. His son pulle out a gun in front of people and shot two people dead, how ever got away with it. Accident, no one wants to report agaist him in testimoney for fear of their lifes. Evil men. But well known.

Following the rice scheme ? For years it was a populist policy for support - China will buy / have bought...bla bla lock it in sure, but no, research uncovered china never did anything, and millions had been misplaced, yet people want to beleive someone is really there helping them - when infact they were played for someones gane.

Lets at least help it.

Next time you supporters are hanging out in Soi cowboy with your girl friends agreeing how stupid it is, how about a trip in to a rally site for 30min education for a balanced view, I have been to them all ( red & Yellow) - great experience.

How ever I am just an outsider looking in - no harm.

Perhaps I should have a protest tour. I recommend weekends between chitlom and mbk, nice walk.

internations.org event this stat, top of central world, catch you there! :)

Suthep does not want negotiations he wants another stage, Pre condition for negotiations is stop the protest, and there should be a facilitator such as a UN representative, if not it will be like the talks to end the Korean war!

Cheers

Again, good Post !!!!!!

After all the Crap i been reading here.

What head of state would ever have gone into a televised "debate" with someone so far removed from political relevance?

Again, a non-story followed by a lot of nonsensical chattering.

"What head of state would ever have gone into a televised "debate" "

I guess you are naively unaware that the "head of state" doesn't do televised debates and is not discussed on this forum.

Perhaps in your innocence you mean't the "caretaker" lame duck P.M. Yingluck.?

the indicted "caretaker" lame duck P.M. Yingluck

Edited by Davidhere

Again, good Post !!!!!!

After all the Crap i been reading here.

If it causes you bowel disruptions, it's worth remembering that you are under no obligation or requirement to read threads as a condition of your membership.

:wai:

Edited by Davidhere

I read only empty blabla from Ms Yingluck

Can you imagine what it would have been like if she had been the Prime minister of Great Britain before the advent of the second world war!!!!

"I'm not talking to all of those people out there, "I don't know them". "but its your job to" - "Thaksin told me that I would'nt have to do anything", "but the Germans are invading" - "tell them to wait as I have a prior arrangement booked with the WI up in Liverpool,so mark me down as being busy".

Hang around until the NACC's Rice investigation is complete... then you will have your answer.

Didn't she cheat on her declaration of Assets as required when she entered the job as PM....didn't mention the Baht 3M watch. ????

It was in the same issue posted on earlier when she perjured herself by claiming she owned 20 Million shares of Shin stock that was later determined to be truthfully owned by her brother. A separate incident in the case occurred as you say with her asset declaration statement and a which watch is the watch which I own situation.

assets Yingluck declared upon taking office were in conflict with what she had told a court earlier.

When testifying in her brother's Bt46-billion asset seizure case, Yingluck said she had had her niece purchase a Bt2.5 million baht watch for her.

However, in her asset declaration, she only reported nine watches worth a total of Bt1.8 million, he said.

http://news.asiaone.com/news/asia/yingluck-shrugs-stupid-comment-1st-day-censure

Suthep did not offer 'open' talks he offered a TRAP and Yingluck was wise to avoid it

The Thai people are not stupid and they see what this 'Dear Leader" is offering

Crush him is the cry from almost every Thai I know

Well every Thai you know must be bi-polar as your dear leader.