Anti-graft body to conclude case against PM Yingluck within months

Lite Beer

Anti-graft body to conclude case against PM Yingluck within months
By Digital Content

13935030751258-640x390x2.jpg

BANGKOK, Feb 27 - The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) should wrap up its case against caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on charges of negligence of duty within the next few months, a commissioner said today.

Ms Yingluck assigned her lawyer, Noravich Klalaeng, to officially acknowledge the charges at the NACC today and was given 15 days to prepare clarifications in response to the allegation.

The caretaker premier was charged by NACC with negligence of duty in her capacity as chairperson of the National Rice Policy Committee (NRPC).

The NACC has investigated alleged corruption in the government's rice pledging scheme, launched in 2012.

Mr Noravich said the legal team would discuss whether the prime minister would personally clarify the allegations with the NACC or present her written clarifications.

NACC member Vichai Vivitsevi said Ms Yingluck could extend the 15-day deadline if she needs more witnesses or evidence to substantiate her explanations.

He said the NACC's investigation procedure was in accord with the law and that it did not unusually speed up the case as alleged, adding that Vicha Mahakhun, an NACC member who is in charge of investigating
the case, has worked with honesty.

Pro-government red shirt activists have demanded Mr Vicha's removal from the rice investigation committee, charging him with bias. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-02027

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just out of curiosity does anyone know if the state pays for her legal costs or does the cost come out of her own pocket?

You need not reply if you only want a cheap shot at demonizing me or offering snide remarks.

I am simply curious.

• Like 2

I dont know the details but i read on here the other day that Yingluck and the reds have alledged that the NACC have exhibited very unusual haste in proceeding with her case within 21 days whereas the case against her rival Abhisit has been dragging on since 5yrs. Dont know if the case against Abhisit has any merits as opposed to the corrupt rice scheme. But an independent(?) NACC should be more forthright in giving a clear explanation instead of just saying "we are proceeding as per the law and there is no undue haste"

• Like 1

The NACC members do not know the meaning of Honesty!

They have failed to charge Abhisit after 3 years and bring charges against Yingluck in 21 days, Again if the Protesters have been crying for months about Yingluck's corruption and billions of baht missing,

Why has the NACC only charged her with "negligence".

Plain and simple they found "NO" corruption!

Cheers

This process was started years ago:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/business/Rice-scheme-to-face-graft-probe-30193793.html

Impossible to compare the case against Abhisit and Suthep with the case against the PM. Apples and oranges.

• Like 2

They have failed to charge Abhisit after 3 years and bring charges against Yingluck in 21 days, Again if the Protesters have been crying for months about Yingluck's corruption and billions of baht missing,

Cheers

What's the NACC's interest in Abhisit?

Cheers

See numerous previous answers to your cut and paste quote in other threads.

It just doesn't sink in heay.

Cheers

How can you negligently lose 700 billion baht?

Cheers

Don't expect him to come back and make a correction. He lost the plot quite some time ago!

• Like 2

I dont know the details but i read on here the other day that Yingluck and the reds have alledged that the NACC have exhibited very unusual haste in proceeding with her case within 21 days whereas the case against her rival Abhisit has been dragging on since 5yrs. Dont know if the case against Abhisit has any merits as opposed to the corrupt rice scheme. But an independent(?) NACC should be more forthright in giving a clear explanation instead of just saying "we are proceeding as per the law and there is no undue haste"

The NACC has already explained that the Commerce Ministry wrote to them to say that documents they requested to do with the investigation into the rice price guarantee scheme during Abhisit's premiership were destroyed in the 2011 floods. A most unfortunate state of affairs.

• Like 2

The National Anti-Corruption Commission (NACC) should wrap up its case against caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on charges of negligence of duty within the next few months, a commissioner said today.

Seems like it could take many more months before they decide to indict her, specially if she is allowed to string out her own defence to the NACC with requests for more witnesses and evidence. The NACC had created the impression they could wrap in up by the end of March.

Cheers

Actually that's a good question. NACC deals with corruption and while I've heard the reds cry a alot about Abhisit's case taking so long, I never could find out what they were investigating him about? All I have from Google is something about sending free text message? Is that something that's costing the tax players billions that should be fast tracked?

• Like 1

They will conclude Yingluck's case within months. Great.

What about Abhisit's case at the NACC which is now in it's 4th year without conclusion? Any updates on that?

It means that case will be wrapped up before, right? Or did Abhisit jump backwards in the queue?

Cheers

How can you negligently lose 700 billion baht?

Same way you can lose 50,000 baht on a night on the piss!! tongue.png by not paying attention!! wink.png

Mate, as serious as that sounds, the Americans lost BILLIONS of dollars in Iraq in the same manner, all down to corruption and greed from various parties, and negligence and no accountability or responsibility to this on the American side was ever determined either.

2 years ago I was with a team tasked to find something like 10,000 greenhouses that were bought and paid for by the DoD, I think we located less than 100, and not a single person who seem to know where the rest went, or who signed for them.

Multi million dollar projects that were complete with staff rotas and KPI's and Business goals were "found to be not found" with no such projects existing physically, just a huge space of <deleted> all in the desert!!

• Like 1

they are after her blood while suthep with arrest warrants runs free to do as he pleases

Well who is stopping the police or the government to arrest him? Only the incompetence.

And what is the problem with wanting her blood? money did not just evaporate into thin air.

Though in all honesty, i do not believe she even understands what has happened, her darling brother payed it well to recover the money taken from him previously

Cheers

What you not understand with investigation since december 2012

December 2014 - February 2014 = 422 days very far to 21 days that you claim

They will conclude Yingluck's case within months. Great.

What about Abhisit's case at the NACC which is now in it's 4th year without conclusion? Any updates on that?

It means that case will be wrapped up before, right? Or did Abhisit jump backwards in the queue?

Yes your right.. Her case will be wrapped up earlier. At about 40 billion baht a month of tax payers money going into a bottomless pit I am surprised it took the NACC so long. The NACC should be held accountable for the delay in making yingluck accountable. Imagine 40 billion a month. I know…Unimaginable.

Abhsist - Cost to the tax payer, to the country now……0….zero, no money, no baht.,. nadda…1-1 = 0, think of yinglucks IQ and minus 5 = 0...

Yep…see where the priority is now for the tax payer, for the country?

Edited by djjamie

they are after her blood while suthep with arrest warrants runs free to do as he pleases

Well who is stopping the police or the government to arrest him? Only the incompetence.

And what is the problem with wanting her blood? money did not just evaporate into thin air.

Though in all honesty, i do not believe she even understands what has happened, her darling brother payed it well to recover the money taken from him previously

The last time they tried to arrest him, hand grenades were thrown at the police officers and 2 police officers were killed. The courts ruled afterwards that the police were not allowed to be armed near the protest sites or enter the protest sites.

So, how do you suggest they arrest him? Put corn on the street and wait for the chicken to come out?

The last time they tried to arrest him, hand grenades were thrown at the police officers and 2 police officers were killed. The courts ruled afterwards that the police were not allowed to be armed near the protest sites or enter the protest sites.

So, how do you suggest they arrest him? Put corn on the street and wait for the chicken to come out?

Not my problem, but theirs.

Nice of you to distort truth there a little thoughwhistling.gif

They did not TRY to arrest him, they tried to disperse the people VIOLENTLY and it failed.

• Like 1

With respect to some, I can't help getting the feeling some of the posters on TVF either cannot read, are selective about what they read, or, could not give a dam_n and troll on to their heart's content whatever evidence is placed in front of them.

Free speech is one thing, inane repetition of rhetorical BS is really, really boring. You may think you are furthering your case by saying the same thing over and over but fact is, you are showing yourselves up to be something else completely.

These forums have in the past been useful and sometimes enlightening: IMHO many posters are now abusing the facility to promote political beliefs some of which I fear have no real support from the expatriate or local community. I even find it hard to believe that they believe what they are posting!

I'd hate to be a mod on this forum at this point in time and good luck to those guys that are!

So what is your point?

• Like 1

Cheers

yes! Kikoman, you are right! honesty is known only by Yingluck because she is virgin Mary herself. she never ever lied, and i bet her son is incarnation of Jesus himself. When he grow up he will call upon migthy smither to rain down apocalypsy upon those who go agains his family... right? and i bet you are his messenger to deliverly the well known message that they have been spreading to convert none beiliever right?

Duh...

m8, as usually, you just turn blind eyes from all the points,

first: Negligence is quite a charge for a person who suppost to run the country... if a ceo or director of any major company do that, he would be send flying out of company faster than you can say Jack Robinson.

second: the cat still not out of the bags yet because goverment refuse to release data regarding "sale" of the rice that has been going on for 2 years.

what kind of company sale stuff for 2 years and still have no concrete sale record? all i heard was sound of nattawut swollowed big pile of poo (pun intended) during the interview in June 2013 with the journalists that put him against the wall and he suddently started to sound like shia labeouf.

PS. i apology to any Christian person in here for using virgin Mary and Baby Jesus in my comment.