How long did it take you to find Mrs Right

HalcyonDays

I first came here in early 2003. Met a really nice girl from a good family and started a relationship.

She was really lovely and for a short while there I had hoped she would be a good life partner but despite coming back and forth several times and taking her to Australia twice, it didn't work out in the end and ended rather abruptly when I discovered she was dating another guy from the US (now her husband).

I had met another really nice well educated local lady on one of my trips here in mid 2003 and we'd stayed friends on and off for about a year when my previous GF hopes bit the dust and I told her all about it in an email.

Long story short,... we started chatting and emailing everyday for about 6 weeks and then I came to see her and from there we fell in love and were married 4 months later (bear in mind I'd already known her very well for a year prior).

10 years later,.. were still very happily married and have 3 lovely sons all born here.

She is my "Mrs Right" for sure. So I suppose my answer is that it really took about 18 months to find her even though she been sitting right under my nose so to speak for the last 12 of those months!

Best wishes with your search for happiness :-)

Well...I am a Brazilian designer and an amateur writer, and I am writing a book about my life in Thailand...It is a too long "event" to write it here in details.

Making it short.....

I retired after living and working in many countries. I move to Thailand with no intention to get into the bar scene or be promiscuous, but with the intention in have an active and relaxing life at the same time with a little money....and to live in love with the Mrs Right if shows up....Being very..very "picky"..I new that will be not easy to happen...I took my single life in Thailand for the last 3 years "sabai..sabai"...and having fun without big expectations...

I am 70, a good friend with every women I dated and married in my life. Living outside Chiang Mai, searching the Internet, I met about 35 women and I dated about 20 all around the country... I met some "marriage" material..but nobody that excite me enough to "settled down"...I love women, and marriage, and.... believe it or not...I believe in monogamy. "To be with only one forever...while it last" .....Not my say....its is Vinicius de Morais's.....a famous bossa nova composer.

Until one day....I met a 47 years old beauty...I felt in love in our first date, we talked and dated for one month, and we are married for 8 months now. Just perfect!

Call me a hopeless romantic ... but I love stories like this.

Warms the soul it does.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh don't tell me, every Farang here is built like a Grand national Winner.

Yeah, or course you are, I believe you......................blink.png

Man ... you should see me in my budgie smugglers ... tis a sight to behold.

Has won many a Lassies Heart as well !

Oh don't tell me, every Farang here is built like a Grand national Winner.

Yeah, or course you are, I believe you......................blink.png

Man ... you should see me in my budgie smugglers ... tis a sight to behold.

Has won many a Lassies Heart as well !

Lol, you carn't make a statement like that and not back it up without pics.

• Like 2

About 15 minutes to find her and 2 months to get the divorce papers

Kitty Kat ... are you Gay?

Did you marry a woman here in Thailand ... w00t.gif

Or forgot which ID they were using - some people actually use more than one at the same time on here believe it or not.

Korean heartthrob one minute, TG the next. . .

About 15 minutes to find her and 2 months to get the divorce papers

Kitty Kat ... are you Gay?

Did you marry a woman here in Thailand ... w00t.gif

Or forgot which ID they were using - some people actually use more than one at the same time on here believe it or not.

Korean heartthrob one minute, TG the next. . .

But Reverend Johnny, surely this applies to you, too.

You've had so many different usernames, how on earth do you track them all?

From a strictly moral POV, of course.

• 3 weeks later...

Something about arithmetic: A guy tries to convince his friend, who is 40, not to marry the girl who's 18.

He says to him: By the time she's 36, you'll be 80.

His friend replies: Yeah, she's not the right one to marry!

I think this is from a TV series that I've watched.

Hope not too many mistakes in spelling, grammar, or sentence structure to some critique.

i met Mrs Right 37 years ago at a wedding reception in London. after finishing my dessert it took me about 10 minutes to find her. she was still enjoying some ice cream. i proposed the same evening and two years later we got married. did i mention that we are still married?

• Like 1