How long did it take you to find Mrs Right

HalcyonDays

The term "Mrs Right" means "the right THAI woman for you".

For obvious reasons, then, this is a thread for men who've found the right woman. It's not a thread for whackos or slut-mongers who can't form normal adult relationships.

My guess is that a large number of foreign men had at least one failed relationship (often with a Thai prostitute) before they smartened up and found Mrs Right.

Contrary to what a lot of people might tell you, I think "romance tourists" who come to Thailand in search of a wife are no less likely to find Mrs Right than ex-pats who live here.

Sometimes people get lucky and find Mrs Right very quickly; other men take a fair bit longer.

It seems to me, however, that most men get there in the end.

So how long did it take you to meet Mrs Right?

Edited by HalcyonDays
  • Like 2

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ive had about a hundred goes,and ive still not found the right one yet but i shall persisit in my search,as they say the right one must be out there some were.

Well good luck!

Sometime it helps a bit to stand back from things and perhaps accept that you may be doing something wrong.

Men have their "types", but are often too dumb to see that these "types" are wrong 'uns.

It took me a long time to work out that a thirty year-old miniskirt is usually just trash. Ditto tattoos and excessive jewelry.

• Like 1

There'll never be a right if you are not content with what you have. Try to adapt - both ways!

My wife won't even take a glance if Brat Pitt, Tom Cruise, Capri (?) sitting next to her! She has no vanity though she can afford to spend from her family background or from me. We argue often for several decades. There's no hypocracy and hide our feelings. We've learned to adapt to each other, more from her part, as a female, of course! Oop, can't say that, can I?

My advice here is, be yourself, and try to adapt to fit in with each other, but don't be too hypocritical, guided by the Western way, for you'll be the one who sufferes at the end if your practise that.

• Like 2

There'll never be a right if you are not content with what you have. Try to adapt - both ways!

My wife won't even take a glance if Brat Pitt, Tom Cruise, Capri (?) sitting next to her! She has no vanity though she can afford to spend from her family background or from me. We argue often for several decades. There's no hypocracy and hide our feelings. We've learned to adapt to each other, more from her part, as a female, of course! Oop, can't say that, can I?

My advice here is, be yourself, and try to adapt to fit in with each other, but don't be too hypocritical, guided by the Western way, for you'll be the one who sufferes at the end if your practise that.

You obviously have a very relaxed approach to spelling, grammar and sentence structure, but I'm sure you mean well.

All the very best to you and your wife.

Great post...

I find that if you can subtract your wife's age from your age and it is less than 10 years then you stand a good chance of lifelong happiness!

I'm sick to death of hearing complaints from 60 year olds about their 20 year old wives!

Really!! How deluded can people be about real motives for a relationship!

Arithmetic

I think the deal is:

1. Divide your own age by 2;

2. Add 7.

If your partner's age is greater than the number thus generated, you're theoretically okay.

For example:

1. A sixty year-old man is good with a woman aged 37 or older.

2. A fifty year-old man should be okay with a woman who's 32 or more.

2. A forty year-old man ought to be cool with a girl who's at least 27.

Sounds about right to me!

• Like 1

Four years and by chance, I didn't intend for anything to happen and wasn't even looking, it was just a chain of events that were coincidental are probably still some of the best memories of being here........ if only I had a time machine 555

Edited by Jubes

Hi, what about Mr. Right? There are people looking for him too you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Equal chances. The world is full of possibilities, here in Thailand as in any country in the world as well. Good luck

Fatfather

Sent from my phone

I chatted with Mrs right 3 months before meeting her for real.

I was not living in Thailand and had never been here before.

I used Thai Love Links 8-9 years ago and spoke to many others weeding out ones I didn't like. I paid for a 1 month subscription at the time.

Met 4 women and decided who was the best for me on my first 3 week stay here.

Started a small condo rent business 3 months later and my Wife (not married at the time) then quit her job to run it on my suggestion.

I suggested she also became a real estate agent but she wasnt keen, many people asked her to find them renters

She did finally do this and now regularly earns over 200+k a month a big change form her 11k a month job when we met but she remains the same still buying secondhand clothes sometimes.

She is NOT anything like many Thais I have met. She was from Issan but is keen to work hard, no parents and even she herself says her family are stupid and lazy......she doesnt help them, she has tried many times to get her Sister to help her at work but its a waste of time, she would rather whore herself out to occasional foreigners.

Im no fan of Thai people generally and I dont live here for them or their culture.

My Wife has no interest in the money she makes, what she enjoys is the thrill of the chase of finding a customer and renting a room.

When deciding who was suitable for me it was very difficult, there was another girl in Phuket who had a business a well known Franchise "subway" owner, she was cute funny and I was really torn between them both.

Ultimately the incident that swayed me was my Wife stayed pretty cool and nonchalant about me, the other girl threw herself on me and then got a bit odd if I didnt speak with her for a few days occasionally.

Married almost 8 years now and the only thing I have to complain about with her is we dont spend much time together she is ALWAYS working.

• Like 2

Great post...

I find that if you can subtract your wife's age from your age and it is less than 10 years then you stand a good chance of lifelong happiness!

I'm sick to death of hearing complaints from 60 year olds about their 20 year old wives!

gotta add in a 1 year old kid in tow...then it's true luuuuuuuuuuv <ahem>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Great post...

Arithmetic

I think the deal is:

1. Divide your own age by 2;

2. Add 7.

If your partner's age is greater than the number thus generated, you're theoretically okay.

For example:

1. A sixty year-old man is good with a woman aged 37 or older.

2. A fifty year-old man should be okay with a woman who's 32 or more.

2. A forty year-old man ought to be cool with a girl who's at least 27.

Also a close formula to guesstimate Centigrade from Fahrenheit ..........................whistling.gif

• Like 2

An average of 2-3 months each time, but I don't expect them to last more than a few years at a time, average on the successful ones is about three years. But note I don't only have one at a time, don't do monogamy anymore.

• Like 2

I keep looking for the right one. I just keep going from bar to bar shagging all day and night, drinking booze and living the life. The girls are so honest , sick Buffalo's and mama's sick so they have to go home to take care.

Sent from my TR736 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Mrs right is my opinion only, I don't need nor do I want anybody else's opinion of who is right for me, that being said I am currently married to mrs. Right (now) and I am very happy. She is 23 years younger and very attentive.