Going to spend a month at Rayong, need some help.

0zz1

half of our office (around 20 people) will escape the CM Smokey Season this year and we will evacuate to Rayong. From 20th March to 20th April our temporary office will be at New World Condotel > https://www.google.com/maps/place/New+World+Condotel/@12.6123156,101.3838484,17z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xf2a2599f62299123

With no previous experiences on Rayong and the area where this Condo is located I have a punch of questions.

1) Internet:
Apparently they condo has no internet what so ever (hard to believe) but this is what they say, so I need some sort of connections. As we only month there we cant get optics or adsl installed but have to work with 3G, who has the best 3G coverage on that area? TOT/CAT/True ??

2) Coffee:
we probably bring our own grinder and coffee machine with us as well as few kilo's of beans, but incase we run out of beans where can we buy some more at Rayong this is very important as without coffee there will be no work done =)

3) Restaurants/coffee shops/super markets nearby:

Any restaurants near the condo which you would recommend.

4) Furniture shop:

We probably need to buy some tables and chairs for working, something that we will not take with us after month so the cheaper the better, any ideas on this?

5) Experiences of the New World Condotel

Anyone staying there? hows the services, pool, gym?

6) Other activities

What should we do on the freetime is there something worth of seeing, how far is the boat harbour to go to Samet? is samet ok again or is it still covered by oil?

Thank you tons for any help!

That's really Ban Phe rather than Rayong (City). You'll really need transport to get out and about, although there are 3 wheel-motorbike taxis around. You'll be 15mins drive from the Samet ferry, 30 mins to Makro in Rayong (for your coffee beans). There's several bars in the stretch of beach road you're on, Purple Haze being one to check. And go through Ban Phe town and out the beach road to the East is a really nice French (Belgian) bar/bistro "Moka" along there.

I know someone who owns a condo in NWC... I'll ask him to e-m you and you can ask him all you need to know directly. Please PM me your e-mail, and I'll pass it on, as he is not a TV member.

thank you pm sent

That's really Ban Phe rather than Rayong (City). You'll really need transport to get out and about, although there are 3 wheel-motorbike taxis around. You'll be 15mins drive from the Samet ferry, 30 mins to Makro in Rayong (for your coffee beans). There's several bars in the stretch of beach road you're on, Purple Haze being one to check. And go through Ban Phe town and out the beach road to the East is a really nice French (Belgian) bar/bistro "Moka" along there.

Thank you for the info.... hmm this raises another question. Where should I rent motorbikes and possible car down there? Or should i send few bikes from here to there in post?

• 3 weeks later...

ok now we have problem... 4-5 days in and that 2 kg's of coffee i did bring with me from CM is running out fast (will be finished before tomorrow midday).... i found this that looks promissing does anyone know where it actually is.... google maps or cordinates would be fantastic

http://www.rayongcoffee.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2&Itemid=5

• 6 months later...

Posts removed

6) You will not post comments that could be reasonably construed as defamation or libel.

Defamation is the issuance of a statement about another person or business which causes that person to suffer harm. It does not have to be false to be defamatory. Libel is when the defamatory statement is published either in a drawing, painting, cinematography, film, picture or letters made visible by any means, or any other recording instruments, recording picture or letters, or by broadcasting or spreading picture, or by propagation by any other means. Defamation is both a civil and criminal charge in Thailand.