Companies controlled by the Red Shirts

Jean Pierre Jacquot

Dear friends,

Could anybody share information on which companies are controlled by the present red shirt government? What are the consumer goods from these companies.

I am sure many of us would like to boycott those and the ones who are red shirt supporters might want to support them. So there is something for everybody in this information.

Thanks

JP

• Like 1

I think the red conspiracy is global, most things that that you touch are probably part of it. Don't touch anything. If you have money invest it in futures, maybe then the reds will be gone. wink.png

Edited by swbloke

OP: Thai Government owned companies listed at http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/thai-state-enterprises.htm

Many private or listed companies are owned/controlled by individuals from political parties, police, miltary etc The Thai oligarchy would have influential family members within political parties, police and the miltary.

Its interesting to note that even with the rice pledging scheme, based upon per ton net profit, Thai rice farmers are apparently the lowest income earners in ASEAN.

http://oryza.com/news/rice-news/thailand-rice-farmers-have-lowest-incomes-asean-despite-rice-mortgage-program-finds

I think people are missing the point of the OP. This does not have to be political as the OP said, the information can both help or otherwise the red-shirt/Shin group leaders.

Lets say that Thaksin currently owns XXX Company. If you are against Thaksin making a profit, you will boycott XXX Co. If you want Thaksin to prosper, you will support XXX Co products. But since there has been much misinformation about exactly which companies are currently Shin/red, innocent parties are being persecuted or alternatively undeserving companies are having a bumper year.

It's just a call for the real truth, and for people to do with that truth as they will.

I think people are missing the point of the OP. This does not have to be political as the OP said, the information can both help or otherwise the red-shirt/Shin group leaders.

Lets say that Thaksin currently owns XXX Company. If you are against Thaksin making a profit, you will boycott XXX Co. If you want Thaksin to prosper, you will support XXX Co products. But since there has been much misinformation about exactly which companies are currently Shin/red, innocent parties are being persecuted or alternatively undeserving companies are having a bumper year.

It's just a call for the real truth, and for people to do with that truth as they will.

That would be cool if only one person worked for each company. However I don't think politics is on any job applications. The owner of the company makes a profit and all the employees of the company make a wage (personal profit). So do you want to hurt everyone because of the politics of the boss?

• Like 1

Ok, I'll make it simple. Boycott any business in Thailand that relies on low wage labour. That means; boycott Thailand's hotels, transportation system, restaurants, tourist venues, bars/nightclubs, hospitals, government offices, and most importantly of all, boycott Thailand's food. Don't eat anything because you won't know if it came from a district that supports the UDD, or if a redshirt touched it during harvest. Be sure to tell all the Thais you meet, that you are boycotting anything that may be associated with "redshirts". Don't be bashful. Tell it to the chap at immigration. Tell it to the taxi driver. Be sure to let the housekeeping, technical support and nursing staff know how you feel when you go to a clinic or hospital. Proclaim your position and shout it from the street corner. Better yet, hold a press conference and make sure the general public is aware that you are taking a stand. There's no point boycotting unless the redshirts know they have upset you. Let them know the conditions under which you will stop boycotting so that they can consider changing to meet your requirements.

You might need to dumb it down even more for him...

PS: Don't forget to boycott the products from all those foreign nations that still recognize the "present red government". (which probably includes his own country)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

That would be cool if only one person worked for each company. However I don't think politics is on any job applications. The owner of the company makes a profit and all the employees of the company make a wage (personal profit). So do you want to hurt everyone because of the politics of the boss?

Do I want to hurt anyone? Read my post again, and the OP. There is as much potential to hurt as there is to benefit.

When I boycotted everything South African back in the 80's, nobody raised the fact that many oppressed workers would be out of jobs. Those same workers are today grateful that the boycotts played a part in overthrowing apartheid in SA.

The US accepts "collateral damage" as acceptable in the pursuit of their ideals. You don't?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Do I want to hurt anyone? Read my post again, and the OP. There is as much potential to hurt as there is to benefit.

When I boycotted everything South African back in the 80's, nobody raised the fact that many oppressed workers would be out of jobs. Those same workers are today grateful that the boycotts played a part in overthrowing apartheid in SA.

The US accepts "collateral damage" as acceptable in the pursuit of their ideals. You don't?

No, I don't. But that is besides the point. SA was not an elected government by all of the people in SA.

You are talking about harming many Thais because they excercised their right to vote but you disagreed with the results.

The opposition to the government has refused elections and wants a government appointed by rich folks.

I hardly think that deserves comparison to SA. If anything the opposite.

• Like 1

Yes what a crazy attitude.

I can't believe the opposition's PR spin machine has actually been successful in convincing even foreigners that this "epic battle" is actually between good and evil, as opposed to just two different mafia factions spoiling over who gets to feed at the trough.

There aren't any "good guys" on either side people, and it really doesn't matter who's actually in power from one time to the next, corruption isn't going to go away in any case.

A better future for Thailand will only come from the common people being given a better education and more authentic power to determine their own future.

Giving the elites MORE control over the government by further subverting any semblance of democracy will only bring bad results in the long term.

And even putting all that aside, the whole "red vs yellow" BS has very little to do with ownership of specific companies, boycotting isn't going to affect the current struggles at all.

And bottom line so many more people support the Shins if this were used as a weapon it would hurt the yellows a lot more anyway. Relatively free market economics is also a democracy. . .

• Like 1

Of course it's political. It's divided along party lines.

Of course it's political. It's divided along party lines.

For the purpose of this thread, it is not political because it is about the facts of ownership. For political reasons, I boycott Israeli products. Getting the information about which products are Israeli is information gathering (albeit that the information will be used for my personal political beliefs). This thread is about getting information, not about the pros and cons of boycotts or which political party is worse. People are only seeing "boycott" or "red", whereas the information could quite easily be used for "support"..... or indifference, as you will.

Similarly, it would be a shame if someone (for their own personal reasons) was boycotting the wrong company. That's unfair on the company, and came about because the wrong information has circulated. Better to have the facts straight.

Coming at this from another angle, there would be a way to determine some of the entitiies Thaksin sees as enemies.

These would be the places targeted by the Redshirt Rampage back in 2010. When they started torching buildings I had expected that everything between Centralworld and MBK would go up in flames (except maybe the temple). When I went to see the area a few days later I was surprised to see only a few places were targets of arson. One was a movie theatre across from Siam Paragon, there were two cinemas, the other is still there. I took this to be part of an old family rivalry, as the father was in the cinema biz. That same day there were reports of pickup trucks full of men who would pull up to branches of a certain bank (can't recall which one) and burn the places down.

There is (or was ??) an airport shuttle bus that was reputed to be owned by his wife.

post-12743-0-90092200-1393616008_thumb.j

If i recall well then 7-11 was from Taksin.

Are you saying that Thaksin at any point in time owned 7/11 in Thailand? Or are you just saying you know nothing about Thailand?

7-11 has always been CP. You may find that CP, has connections to the current DP leader's family.

I had a friend Ajarn Mike school was in the Lido, he swore the owner had it torched himself for the insurance

That guy has a dope car collection, know his head of security. Funny old guy, dressed like a bum, very unusual for wealthy Thai

wife is ranting against:

Air Asia

AIS

Nestle

but that is rumor information not fact....so verify before you belive it. Specially on Nestle I have doubts

AIS is no longer Shin, obviously.

AA is Malaysian

Nestle TH is not a franchise, but used to joint venture local distribution with Coca-Cola, think it's all wholly owned now.

I wouldn't put it past competitors to monger rumours.

Whole thing's silly really,unity's needed not division.

You protest to much . Dont be telling porkies of how you boycotted souyth african goods . Then come out with US mentality . The US only have money money money ideals . The US is just a third world country that dont mind about their own being killed & that inclueds children at school. They support despot regimmes like the Suadis & I can see that you support a despot in thailand & dont give a sh*t about the people here. Why not just gho a murdering like the US does & the Thai army do on the border of cambo. Yes them saviors of Thailand the Army kill people because they are collecting wood. Please stop trying to insult peoples intelligence

For the purpose of this thread, it is not political because it is about the facts of ownership. For political reasons, I boycott Israeli products. Getting the information about which products are Israeli is information gathering (albeit that the information will be used for my personal political beliefs). This thread is about getting information, not about the pros and cons of boycotts or which political party is worse. People are only seeing "boycott" or "red", whereas the information could quite easily be used for "support"..... or indifference, as you will.

Similarly, it would be a shame if someone (for their own personal reasons) was boycotting the wrong company. That's unfair on the company, and came about because the wrong information has circulated. Better to have the facts straight.

How could it not be political when asking about businesses controlled by Red Shirts (or Yellow shirts) for the purpose of decreasing the profit of those corporations?

It is obviously a thread about the two political factions in Thailand and listing businesses that support either of those factions for harm.

Edited by thailiketoo

Yes what a crazy attitude.

I can't believe the opposition's PR spin machine has actually been successful in convincing even foreigners that this "epic battle" is actually between good and evil, as opposed to just two different mafia factions spoiling over who gets to feed at the trough.

There aren't any "good guys" on either side people, and it really doesn't matter who's actually in power from one time to the next, corruption isn't going to go away in any case.

A better future for Thailand will only come from the common people being given a better education and more authentic power to determine their own future.

Giving the elites MORE control over the government by further subverting any semblance of democracy will only bring bad results in the long term.

And even putting all that aside, the whole "red vs yellow" BS has very little to do with ownership of specific companies, boycotting isn't going to affect the current struggles at all.

And bottom line so many more people support the Shins if this were used as a weapon it would hurt the yellows a lot more anyway. Relatively free market economics is also a democracy. . .

The funny thing is that what we should definitely be supporting anything that delivers MORE democracy, MORE neutral legal judgements and MORE market competition, with MORE redistribution of wealth in Thailand

Irony of ironies, some people for some bizarre reason think Suthep is the bloke to deliver this. And for my next gag, meet Hannibal lector your surgeon .....

• Like 1

The OP asked for names of company's, nothing else. Was that a hard question?

No he didn't. The OP wrote, "which companies are controlled by the present red shirt government." And.

"many of us would like to boycott those and the ones who are red shirt supporters might want to support them."

End quote.

Plain and simple a political post.

The elites of Thailand would probably prefer blood in the streets to effective boycott strategies.

I would support the latter if it were coordinated by a genuine grass-roots "no-color" movement whose objective was to unify the majority of common people behind the platform "death to division", eliminating partisan conflict between the color groups, restoring unfettered elections, and putting in place an at least tentative program toward eliminating traditional direct cash vote-buying practices.

For example, a small wealth-redistribution scheme that made voting compulsory, allowed people to vote anywhere in the country, B1000 per person fine if you don't vote, B1000 per person payment if you do vote AND sign a pledge you didn't accept any other bribe relating to your vote, with a B20000 penalty for lying. Then a B200000 reward with full protection of the law for anyone providing evidence of any parties trying to obstruct voting or direct-cash buying votes.

Don't worry about pork-barrel "vote buying" that's just normal democracy in action, focus on true corruption, but specifically the direct-cash vote buying first.

Concurrently put in place a massive "the power is in YOUR hands" campaign aimed at the common people, encouraging them to become active in their chosen party machine at a national level, with a goal of making the parties represent their interests rather than those of the wealthy.

The strategy would be to boycott any companies that were affiliated with the leadership of red OR yellow, that didn't put money and their full corporate weight behind the no-color campaign.

Wow, quite a few responses to my thread but unfortunately no real information on what are the companies and consumer products which are controlled by the red shirts. Over simplistic things like any product coming from a farmer is rather hilarious. The election 3 years ago showed that there are many millions of non-red farmers.

May I assume that unfortunately nobody has a clue about this? Pretty amazing really... No wonder Kamnan Suthep was going for AIS....