True Online Docsis 35/3.5 Mbit available @ 1799 baht/m

muratremix

I found out a few days ago.

As you may know, True online pricing is ridiculous.

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/new-customer/new-customer-promotion-promotion/entry/2338

This is the standart pricing.

This is the new promo price / package of 35/3.5 mbit

http://trueonline.truecorp.co.th/product-service/product-broadband/entry/2902?ln=en

Considering they don't have a 30/3 at affordable price and 50/5 is too expensive, I'd say they priced this right.

I would gladly choose something like 20/10 or 15/10 mbit at this price level but it is not an option. Even though cable internet supports high upload speeds, they won't let us use cloud backup at high speeds.

I've seen quite lot of people complaining about Docsis. So I'll rather stay with my normal Internet although it's only 16Mb.

Furthermore, it's not a promotion. It's between the 20 (1299) and 50 (2799) so the price should be in between that .... and is higher than that 1650 baht. It's just a new choice, but not cheaper.

Edited by sniffdog

I've seen quite lot of people complaining about Docsis. So I'll rather stay with my normal Internet although it's only 16Mb.

Furthermore, it's not a promotion. It's between the 20 (1299) and 50 (2799) so the price should be in between that .... and is higher than that 1650 baht. It's just a new choice, but not cheaper.

Never heard complaints about docsis. Cable Internet is far superior to ADSL in terms of stability. I agree true online has problems sometimes, but these problems are not related to docsis / cable internet.

Besides, upload speeds are much better in docsis and upload does not affect download speeds like it does in ADSL. I mean you can upload at full speed while you download / stream something.

I dont understand the prices in Thailand for private broadband anyway. Should not you pay lesser per Mbit as more Mbit you take? Instead as higher bandwidth you want as more you have to pay for every Mbit. Example 10mbit 590thb = 59thb per Mbit - 20mbit 2290thb = 114.5thb per Mbit

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I dont understand the prices in Thailand for private broadband anyway. Should not you pay lesser per Mbit as more Mbit you take? Instead as higher bandwidth you want as more you have to pay for every Mbit. Example 10mbit 590thb = 59thb per Mbit - 20mbit 2290thb = 114.5thb per Mbit

In Thailand, anything considered luxury is always more expensive than in Farangland. Olive oil, cheese, yoghurt, salmon, cherry and lots of other farang foods are more expensive. They also do know anyone who gets faster internet, they don't care about price (they can show off, typical Thai behaviour) so pricing for Internet and some computer parts (like 480-500 gb ssds vs 120-240 gb ssds) are not priced right.

We call this Thai logic or say TIT (This is Thailand), nothing makes sense :)

I had True DOCSIS for a year and i thought it was absolute garbage and far slower than TOT FTTH (which i also had). At the time i had it i saw numerous people who had both ADSL and DOCSIS, complain that the DOCSIS was slower. Maybe things have changed recently i don't know but certainly that was my experience. I cancelled in November 2013.

In Thailand, anything considered luxury is always more expensive than in Farangland. Olive oil, cheese, yoghurt, salmon, cherry and lots of other farang foods are more expensive. They also do know anyone who gets faster internet, they don't care about price (they can show off, typical Thai behaviour) so pricing for Internet and some computer parts (like 480-500 gb ssds vs 120-240 gb ssds) are not priced right.

We call this Thai logic or say TIT (This is Thailand), nothing makes sense smile.png

your rant doesn't make any sense! we call this "usual unjustified Farang anti-Thai BS".

in "Farangland" too you pay progressively more per mbit the higher the speed. there's a clear reason why the "unit price" is higher. but i'm not wasting time to explain that reason to ignorants.

We call this Thai logic or say TIT (This is Thailand), nothing makes sense smile.png

your rant doesn't make any sense! we call this "usual unjustified Farang anti-Thai BS".

in "Farangland" too you pay progressively more per mbit the higher the speed. there's a clear reason why the "unit price" is higher. but i'm not wasting time to explain that reason to ignorants.

Prove it or shut up. I worked in hosting industry and price per mbit decreases when you buy more. Same goes for home broadband connection.

I had True DOCSIS for a year and i thought it was absolute garbage and far slower than TOT FTTH (which i also had). At the time i had it i saw numerous people who had both ADSL and DOCSIS, complain that the DOCSIS was slower. Maybe things have changed recently i don't know but certainly that was my experience. I cancelled in November 2013.

You compare true docsis to tot fiber, in other post it says true docsis vs true adsl in same location. Docsis is much better than adsl but if not set up properly (like in Thailand) it can cause bottlenecks.

You probably live in farang populated area with many people using True online, thats why you got terrible speeds. You opt in in TOT and got lucky because less people choose TOT in your area or most people use TOT was Thai (Thai don't need international traffic).

Most ISPs in Thailand have problem within domestic links and routers instead of International. So, for example people live in Sukhumvit / Asoke suffers from local routers first before they can reach to IIG routers. I assume they upgraded domestic links in Sukhumvit / Asoke due to many customers but that was the situation before.

When I lived in Condo in Asoke at 2011 Summer, landlord bought 9/1 Mbit TOT dsl. It was pretty fast then. I could get full speed in downloads and test speeds. Then we get TOT in our village at remote part of isaan same year, It was also very fast until 6 months ago. Now TOT suffers badly.

Your ftth may work out good for you but compared to my True docsis where I live, I'm pretty sure my line is better. Unless of course you opt in in business plan (expensive). I get 40 ms to Singapore while you should get 140-160 ms ping.