Suthep declares end of Bangkok Shutdown

george

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Isn't March 3 also the date that Yingluck officially lose the caretaker status ?

March 4. Thaksin passed that point too in 2006 after the elections boycotted by the Dems were anulled but the coup came before his status was clarified in the Constitutional Court. I guess this time it will be clarified, since a case has been filed already.

So in theory what happens after this caretaker status ends. What does the constitution provide for at that point in time. Who runs the government? What provisions provide for another election. I am too lazy to read the constitution and would like to know what is supposed to happen. Thanks for the help.

• Like 1

I have read numerous posts about the caretaker status ending. So a question for you experts on the Thai constitution. Can anyone tell us what is provided for in the constitution as far as what is "theoretically" supposed to happen at that point and who runs the government at that point. Does the King appoint a temporary Prime Minister, etc. until elections and at what point is it necessary to have elections? I am just too lazy to read the document and I'm looking for a quick and simple answer.

Thanks

I think the reason for the move is the "Bangkok Shutdown" shirts didn't sell anymore.

Now that they're moving to Lumpini, everyone now has to buy a new Lumpini shirt.

Pretty soon he will move the rally into a Central World store. It will be totally packed.

From Suthep's Facebook page:

New tees to celebrate our new Lumpini home, anyone? 300 baht each. Available at Pathumwan stage this weekend - and then Lumpini Park stage next week.

1619142_755008284517991_1298423861_n.png

• Like 1

If found guilty she could be removed from office and face a five-year ban from politics.

thats why nothing change......they ruin the country and nothing happend to them then !so the story can continue as usual.

poor thais .....when are they going to wake up ?

i wouldn't be surprised that suthep made a funny tonkey negociated arrangement ..facepalm.gif ....too! who knows what they combined!

good day and good night

coffee1.gif

Truly amazing Suthep! so now the question has he been bought off, had a real threat to his life, family, or is he simply trying to consolidate his forces at Lumpini until YL is band from holding office for the next few years. What ever the reason the financial loss to Thailand is huge and the damage to foreign investment equally large. But for me it's been the needless loss of life of small children and others who have suffered.

I only hope the people of Thailand will one day find a leader like Gandhi who can rid Thailand of it's parasites and bring about real democracy for the people.

• Like 2

Suthep Remix 2014

biggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Talking &lt;deleted&gt; in the hot sun
I fought the law and the law won (twice)
I took their money, like I had none

Going back to Surat and it feels so bad
Guess my race is run
That Yingluck girl I know I could have had

I fought the law and the law won
I fought the law and the

Robbin' people with a six-gun
Good while it lasted, ill miss my fun,

Going back to Surat and it feels so bad
Guess my race is run
That Yingluck girl I know I could have had

I fought the law and the law won

I fought the law and the

I fought the law and the law won (7 times)
I fought the law and the

• Like 2

Exellent! Now we only waiting for the conviction on the Souths godfather and his followers. I also hope for a investigation on his backers, including the highest up backers! Some of the richest in the World, how can anyone see up to this familys and people. The only reason they are seen as good and standing outside of the law, is the lack of education in the country, otherwise people would see it as it is, this people are scared to lose their centuries of influence and Power.

I hope the corrupt godfather of the South and his finacials will stand trail now!

There is a reson for some on this forum to be on the side of the corrupt godfather and his backers, and it is to keep the mayority of the country poor and uneducated, so they can profit in Thailand. They hate to see any development and progress in to the 20th Century, as they then will not benefit any more in the country! They have different reasons but the same agenda as the real leaders of this state.

I'm not sure some if any are on the side of Suthep or anyone for that matter, most here are on the side of the Thai people in general and have a reasonably good idea what PTP have been doing while in office and know that it cannot continue and changes are needed - it is very natural for humans to form into sides - groups - teams - colours but not always correct, personally I want to see what the good people of this country deserve - how that is achieved is another matter - I do know IMO it is not PTP staying in government - that to me seems obvious, democracy here needs major surgery

• Like 1

This news only means that he is now confident that the courts and/or the military have the situation in hand and will finish the job. In some cases "winning" is really losing, which Thailand is doing so long as the coup (military or judicial) cycle continues. It looks to me, like the cycle will never be broken if free and open elections are held again.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

it sounds like he is trying to say he is in control of protests or not... really, after Yinglucks firm determination "until death" really shows he is the biggest loser... and he is going out before all his dignity is gone... on facebook... Yingluch has put out so many photos of what she had done and accomplished... I do not see any unhappy people in the photo's... and quite honestly(in my humble opinion) she hasn't done anything terrible to merit all this crap that these wannabe leaders accuse her of... they promote violence, she trys to promote peace... i hope she reclaims her spot and at least let her finish her term by rights and let the people vote the way they want to vote... and suthep and any of those people should work honestly if they want to gain the masses by normal and peaceful ways... that's how you win... not this forceful and childish way...

Well, she DID do something wrong. Her government forced through an "amnesty" bill designed with the sole intention of whitewashing her brother's criminal conviction. That is what triggered this thing in the first place, if you remember.

As for the "forceful and childish way", I suppose you felt the same way about the Red Shirts in 2010? At least the PDRC has ended it peacefully, and hasn't burned down any buildings.

Very very well played. Suthep is simply brilliant .

1. Yingluck is charged and most certainly will be guilty
2. The idiot red shirts are blocking EC so no chance of new elections in time
3. The idiot red shirts want to defy courts, army will act on its own
4. All agency fed up with shins
5. Shins lost billions from stock losses.

Now Suthep only needs to wait for a month or so and shins are out

"idiot red shirts" this, "idiots red shirts" that, "Shins", "Shins". If anybody needs an illustration why Dems have little legitimate chance of outright winning an election for a couple more generations poster whoisyourdaddy is it.

First of all, whoisyourdaddy is not an official Democrat spokeperson as far as I know, nor am I, so if you want to criticize them, stick to what they say, not what random posters on TV say.

Second, when the Democrats do point out the misdeeds of the PTP/Red Shirts/Shinawatras, they are simply doing their job as members of the political opposition. What would YOU have them do? Just agree with everything the government does? Do you understand how a parliamentary democracy is supposed to function?

• Like 2

You have to say the yellow shirts had no heart in the end. They want to overthrow the democratically elected government in a third successive coup, but didn't have the courage of their convictions. You can't overthrow a government blowing whistles and taking selfies. You have to get your hands dirty. Maybe go a day or two without using skin whiteners.

The hot season has arrived. It all got too hard for them

Ah, you speak trollish. No matter what the protesters do/did, you will find a way to insult them, mislabel them, misrepresent what they are about and generally make up lies to cast them in a negative light. Keep it up; one day you may become proficient so that you don't sound like a baby troll.

The plot thickens. Political machinations seem to be evolving on both sides to be "put up or shut up." With Ms Shinawatra having the upper hand at the moment. Unless a third candidate steps forward, which seems unlikely, Suthep looks ripe for defeat, and Yingluck remains the PM.

What newsfeeds are you following??

She is charged and will be found guilty

Her legal term as care taker PM is out in few days

She and her family lost billions

How exactly does she remain on top ??

Maybe I should have said re-elected, but no matter. I am commenting, quite neutrally I might, on the election process. Ms Shinawatra threw a haymaker, and Suthep backed down. Whether or not you or I like it is not the point. Also, charged and being found guilty, or innocent are completely different.

You have to say the yellow shirts had no heart in the end. They want to overthrow the democratically elected government in a third successive coup, but didn't have the courage of their convictions. You can't overthrow a government blowing whistles and taking selfies. You have to get your hands dirty. Maybe go a day or two without using skin whiteners.

Ah, you speak trollish. No matter what the protesters do/did, you will find a way to insult them, mislabel them, misrepresent what they are about and generally make up lies to cast them in a negative light. Keep it up; one day you may become proficient so that you don't sound like a baby troll.

Right. The PDRC can call the Northern Thais buffaloes and uneducated in their speeches, but when someone's worst words against the PDRC are that they should use less skin whiteners, it's called insulting them.

Maybe the PDRC should hold less fashion shows and picnics and actually address the problems of the majority of Thailand's poor rural population.

They are so disconnected from the rest of the country it's not even funny anymore,

Don't believe how disconnected they are? Watch this "picnic fashion show":

• Like 1

Right. The PDRC can call the Northern Thais buffaloes and uneducated in their speeches, but when someone's worst words against the PDRC are that they should use less skin whiteners, it's called insulting them.

Maybe the PDRC should hold less fashion shows and picnics and actually address the problems of the majority of Thailand's poor rural population.

They are so disconnected from the rest of the country it's not even funny anymore,

Don't believe how disconnected they are? Watch this "picnic fashion show":

Go away, Troll. I've read enough of your posts to know what you are. This is the last response you'll get from me.

it sounds like he is trying to say he is in control of protests or not... really, after Yinglucks firm determination "until death" really shows he is the biggest loser... and he is going out before all his dignity is gone... on facebook... Yingluch has put out so many photos of what she had done and accomplished... I do not see any unhappy people in the photo's... and quite honestly(in my humble opinion) she hasn't done anything terrible to merit all this crap that these wannabe leaders accuse her of... they promote violence, she trys to promote peace... i hope she reclaims her spot and at least let her finish her term by rights and let the people vote the way they want to vote... and suthep and any of those people should work honestly if they want to gain the masses by normal and peaceful ways... that's how you win... not this forceful and childish way...

Seriously? You saw happy photos on Poo's Facebook and that's how you judge she's doing a good job? Who puts ugly and bad pictures on their own Facebook anyway? coffee1.gif

Maybe SEA (at least) is ready for a LossOfFacebook site?

I think Suthep and his allies should be investigated.

Each one of his moves damaged the Thai economy. Could it be possible they bid against certain stocks so that if they lose value, they end up making a huge amount of money?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did that and made billions in the process.

Shannon, your teeth are as ugly as your thoughts.

The nightly assaults, and murders of four children, should be investigated.

Each one of Thaksin's moves damaged the Thai smile, in 2010, and again now.

Suthep is right. The only way to save the nation is for Thaksin and his nipple-suckers to be permanently sidelined in exile, if not prison.

Thailand desperately needs to recover from this toxic cancer that is the Shin family and leeches.

Now that Bangkok is no longer shut down, it's high time to Restart Thailand.

Good move by Suthep to consolidate his people in one safer location.

Do they have any spare tents to rent, so I can sleep in Lumpini Park, on the grass by the lake? Lovely location, good vibes there. I would be among friends, even tho we don't speak the same language. I have my whistle.

Patience will be necessary to see this beautiful, civilized, peaceful political protest through to successful fruition. I'm optimistic.

As a budding Buddhist, I'd be happier meditating for peace on the grass in a park, rather than on the asphalt of some hot street.

May Lumpini Park be an important symbol of peaceful political protest that succeeds.

I hope you enjoy the company of these guards not be roaming the shopping malls anymore, it will be a show off in the park from now on.

I think Suthep and his allies should be investigated.

Each one of his moves damaged the Thai economy. Could it be possible they bid against certain stocks so that if they lose value, they end up making a huge amount of money?

I wouldn't be surprised if he did that and made billions in the process.

Shannon, your teeth are as ugly as your thoughts.

The nightly assaults, and murders of four children, should be investigated.

Each one of Thaksin's moves damaged the Thai smile, in 2010, and again now.

Suthep is right. The only way to save the nation is for Thaksin and his nipple-suckers to be permanently sidelined in exile, if not prison.

Thailand desperately needs to recover from this toxic cancer that is the Shin family and leeches.

Now that Bangkok is no longer shut down, it's high time to Restart Thailand.

Good move by Suthep to consolidate his people in one safer location.

Do they have any spare tents to rent, so I can sleep in Lumpini Park, on the grass by the lake? Lovely location, good vibes there. I would be among friends, even tho we don't speak the same language. I have my whistle.

Patience will be necessary to see this beautiful, civilized, peaceful political protest through to successful fruition. I'm optimistic.

As a budding Buddhist, I'd be happier meditating for peace on the grass in a park, rather than on the asphalt of some hot street.

May Lumpini Park be an important symbol of peaceful political protest that succeeds.

I hope you enjoy the company of these guards not be roaming the shopping malls anymore, it will be a show off in the park from now on.

post-113314-0-89404100-1393623509_thumb.

She hasn't done anything terrible EXCEPT FILL HER PURSE WITH THE THAI PEOPLES MONEY.

OMG man are you blind????

Um, you do realize that is why people struggle for positions of power, right?
  • Like 1