NON-O marriage extension application experience in Ladprao

Just to share my experience with Ladprao Immigration office:

1. You can't be sure your documents will be enough, even if they pre-checked by employee

2. Be patient, but not all the time

First, I carefully collected all documents in need, and I went on this Tuesday with wife to Ladprao. Our documents not accepted, because I need to produce copy of chanote and buying contract. My own home registration book was not enough. We trust guy, who checked documents first time before we go to counter and come back home.

Wednesday we come again, anything checked again, but when we apply to counter, I need to produce... Letter from Embassy, stated I not married in home country. Yes, this "egg" I prepared before obtain "chicken" e.g. Marriage Certificate Kor 2 and 3. To my luck I keep copy at home.

Thursday... 3rd attempt. This time guys at check trying to tell, we need to update our bank book to date, which is not possible, because fix accounts updated once per month, and we come to Immigration first time ON the day of update. And I obtain letter from bank, which is statement of account one day before, because Krungsri gives statement for previous banking day. I can't simply add 500 thb to account to update it to current, and keeping 400k at savings just not a good Idea, this is about 800 thb loss every month instead of profit at fix account...

Bored much, need come another time next month for extension. I also noticed, TM7 form considered as 90 days notification, even if I stay only 60 days from border crossing date. So, I need to report 90 days not at the end of March, but April. Will do this by mail definitely.

IMM Building itself dirty and noisy, also far away from normal transport, at least 10 min drive from MRT Ladprao.

It has been reported before that Bangkok immigration will want the affirmation of permit to marry for first extension or when doing a conversion to non immigrant visa entry.

I assume when you say you have to go back in a month that is a report back date on a under consideration stamp.

If it was your first extension it is considered doing a 90 day report and you will need to do a report 90 days from when you did the application.

• Like 1

While I am waiting on a couple of Documents from the US to obtain a Marriage Certificate, I am going to Vientiane on Tuesday to apply for a double-enty Visa. I am wondering if someone could please advise me if I would be able to get a Multiple-Entry Visa there, the cost of which? , and also, will I be able to obtain a 1-year Driving License with a double-entry or multiple-entry Visa in Thailand, as my US License will expire on April 30, 2014. In the US you have a 30 day grace period from expiration, but I want to try to get my License here in Thailand. The next time I should be able to get the normal "5 year" License, right? Any advise would be much appreciated as I need to get this all done very soon! And to the OP, I am probably going through the same situation as they are telling me I need to provide a Divorce Decree for the 2 Marriages I had in the US, even though the 1st was more than 24 years ago (Divorce), and the 2nd was over 8 years ago. Good Luck!

While I am waiting on a couple of Documents from the US to obtain a Marriage Certificate, I am going to Vientiane on Tuesday to apply for a double-enty Visa. I am wondering if someone could please advise me if I would be able to get a Multiple-Entry Visa there, the cost of which? , and also, will I be able to obtain a 1-year Driving License with a double-entry or multiple-entry Visa in Thailand, as my US License will expire on April 30, 2014. In the US you have a 30 day grace period from expiration, but I want to try to get my License here in Thailand. The next time I should be able to get the normal "5 year" License, right? Any advise would be much appreciated as I need to get this all done very soon! And to the OP, I am probably going through the same situation as they are telling me I need to provide a Divorce Decree for the 2 Marriages I had in the US, even though the 1st was more than 24 years ago (Divorce), and the 2nd was over 8 years ago. Good Luck!

You would not get any multiple entry visa in Vientiane. Once you are married you could get multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet based upon marriage to a Thai.

You can get a 2 entry tourist visa in Vientiane.

You can get a one year Thai drivers license with a tourist visa. If you have a non immigrant visa or an extension of stay you will get a 5 year license next time.

Have you looked at this webpage on embassy website http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/notarial-services.html that has info about getting an affidavit done for getting married and another one for your previous marriage. They will not ask for a divorce certificate. Not all Amphoes will ask for it either when you register your marriage.

You would not get any multiple entry visa in Vientiane. Once you are married you could get multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet based upon marriage to a Thai.

You can get a one year Thai drivers license with a tourist visa. If you have a non immigrant visa or an extension of stay you will get a 5 year license next time.

Have you looked at this webpage on embassy website http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/notarial-services.html that has info about getting an affidavit done for getting married and another one for your previous marriage. They will not ask for a divorce certificate. Not all Amphoes will ask for it either when you register your marriage.

Thanks for the help UJ. I have NOT looked at this but I certainly will now. My Wife's Sister works at "an Amphoe Office" but I don't think it is the one for Chaiyaphum where we live! I will check that. I hope I can get this all taken care of soon! Am I correct that in Savannakhet that they do NOT ask to show financial proof? And if so, what are my issues later with reporting with/without "proof"? Again much thanks.

Savannakhet does not ask for financial proof. But it is subject to change before you get the next one.

Some Amphoes will accept the Affidavit as proof of marital status without a divorce decree.

Jomtien Beach immigration might be crowded, but I think it is the easiest.

You might want to go there and stay in a hotel for a night and use it as your address on your visa application.

Their volume is so great and they are so accommodating, I believe just about anyone can get any type of visa easily there.

You might want to go there and stay in a hotel for a night and use it as your address on your visa application.

Their volume is so great and they are so accommodating, I believe just about anyone can get any type of visa easily there.

If you are getting more than a tourist visa entry a hotel address will not work. They don't want people just hopping office to office to get extensions.

You must have proof of a permanent address.

• Like 1

Any visa at a price

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thanks for the help UJ. I have NOT looked at this but I certainly will now. My Wife's Sister works at "an Amphoe Office" but I don't think it is the one for Chaiyaphum where we live! I will check that. I hope I can get this all taken care of soon! Am I correct that in Savannakhet that they do NOT ask to show financial proof? And if so, what are my issues later with reporting with/without "proof"? Again much thanks.

Thanks to all for the advice. As I said before my Wife's Sister works for an Amphur in Khuan San (spelling?) and that is NOT our Amphur. She told my Wife that we will need to take the Marriage Certificate and or the Affidavit to the US Embassy to be sworn to and Notarized and THEN we will need to have BOTH translated from English into Thai! Are we getting the "wrong" information from her? Please let me know what I would need to expect to have to do and where if you will. As I am hoping, soon I will have all this "behind me", and then I can bother everyone with a different subject! lol

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Thanks to all for the advice. As I said before my Wife's Sister works for an Amphur in Khuan San (spelling?) and that is NOT our Amphur. She told my Wife that we will need to take the Marriage Certificate and or the Affidavit to the US Embassy to be sworn to and Notarized and THEN we will need to have BOTH translated from English into Thai! Are we getting the "wrong" information from her? Please let me know what I would need to expect to have to do and where if you will. As I am hoping, soon I will have all this "behind me", and then I can bother everyone with a different subject! lol

You should have a look on this page on embassy website has the procedure for getting married on it. http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service/marriage.html

Your affidavits have to be sworn before a consular officer. Then be translated to Thai and the translation certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You can pay the translation service to do the certification part for you. Then send the affidavits to you by EMS.

Maybe just off the subject. I applied for an O multi entry visa based on marriage here in Ireland . I posted the registered letter on Wens. and got it back on Friday no problem. Thats what I call been efficient but I sent everything even a copy of our sons passport etc.

Edited by blowin

It has been reported before that Bangkok immigration will want the affirmation of permit to marry for first extension or when doing a conversion to non immigrant visa entry.

I assume when you say you have to go back in a month that is a report back date on a under consideration stamp.

If it was your first extension it is considered doing a 90 day report and you will need to do a report 90 days from when you did the application.

Yes, this is a first extension, unfortunately I don't know this fact about affirmation, this can save us one visit for sure

Yes, under consideration now, so must visit in the end of this month again, hope this will be at CW already...

The one good point, we don't need any witnesses to be with us, because we both able to pass interview in Thai...

Do you qualify for a retirement extension. If you do, go for it and leave the wife back home.

Fortunately not, I think to work next 20 years, and this year after Thai language exam @ MOE will go to work, so I need to have NON-B or NON-A marriage to be able obtain WP.

I thin you meant non-o not non-a. You can get a work permit and work with your extension based upon marriage. If your income is 40k baht or more you can use tax payments to prove your income for your extesnions.