Pleas led to rally site closures

Lite Beer

The most interesting line in this piece comes near the end......".....and the PDRC's big supporters were cutting funding". Now if we knew who the 'big supporters' were this whole situation would be a whole lot more transparent.

Everybody knows - it's A. and P. (and the other P. as their boss is of course involved) - with the first P. aspiring to become the next unelected PM.

biggrin.png

• Like 1

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Unfortunately the world is watching, attention has been drawn to situation in Thailand

A minority group decided to overthrow an elected government rather than wait for the electorate to decide

The areas where this group was garnering support were becoming a little too obvious

Worse the protest is advocating an unelected assembly, a very devisive and transparent strategy

The protest failing fast to achieve the objective, the disruption, by intimidation, of the electoral process did not go down well

The courts set in motion the more subtle moves to remove the elected government

Protest is now percieved as devisive and pulling Thailand apart, actions further delaying payment to the rice farmers, openly goading the red shirts with 'popcorn' comments

Protest began to affect investments and investors, caused a minor run on a bank, business suffered, the value of the baht declined, oblivious to the fact that the protest could be affecting investments of the very people supporting, continued to try to punish business that carried no open political stance - here the line was crossed

Time to return strategy to the experts

Plug pulled

Hardly containing even a half-truth. Taking your points one by one:

Not much attention has been drawn to events here - the world is focused on Ukraine. The US & EU have absolutely no compunction about an elected government being overthrown if it becomes (perceived as?) non-democratic. Much the same happened in Egypt a while ago.

The PDRC did advocate a people's council but the elections to follow bit has been always deliberately ignored. It's only divisive to Thaksin's party and his hard core red shirts.

The popcorn reference was not clever but the violent sector of the red shirts don't need any goading. Some of them do need to see (be de-briefed?) that applauding the deaths of innocent non-protestors is hardly enhancing their cause.

The protests, while not (yet) achieving the goal of ridding Thailand of the Shin dynasty, has achieved a hell of a lot: amnesty comatose, parliament dissolition, highlighting the Shins corruption & above the law governance, as well as a few kicks to the shins (sic) of the clans companies.

They did manage to partially disrupt the election - but have the red shirts decided to call off their disruption of the EC (not a very clever move)?

The delay to payments for pledged rice is solely the PTP's fault and no BS from YL or anyone can change that fact. Also the run on the bank was purely Kittirat's stupidity - playing Beggar My Neighbour with the banks was also a bully-boy attempt.

The Baht became volatile, just as much based on FED activity as local events. It has now partially recovered. How much of that local volatility was due to the protests and how much due to caretaker government mismanagement is moot.

I'm glad that they have at least partially withdrawn from the streets but to imply it's all over is naive. There are no 'experts' in this game - just players.

Honestly Ken I would not have bothered, but thanks for whatever you think you have delivered...........I think waffle is the best description I can muster

• Like 1

this is the lie.

we move to lumpini park because is more safe for the people !!

we have the more people every day now and have to protect for the safety !!

the sense less everyday make you.

• Like 2

this is the lie.

Can I come and camp outside your house please. Can I pee in the gutter outside your house. Can I invite my friends over each night and stay up late and make a lot of no use. Can I also get some stall holders to come over and leave trash all over the road outside your house. Could I invite some octogenarians over to sing karaoke during the day time. And finally, can I invite over some people dressed in black who look like they just escaped from prison yo act as security guards and demand to inspect people's bags as they go yo and from their homes? No? I thought so. Good riddance to the mob. Good luck at the ballot box.

...but we are being told these sites are often unmanned - and at best have half a dozen people meandering about - and they have portaloos provided by the evil ant-government Bangkok authorities.

Take my word for it Mr. Wolf.

Protesters deserting protest sites is what led to protest site closures.

Nothing else.

Again it's not what the photo evidence shows - look at today's Red Shirt procession, candid photos in the media saying people come out to cheer the them, yet the photos show practically no one - yet photos showing the packing up and moving to Lumpini shows thousands - are they all Photoshop - the world's media under Suthep's control?

Some saying they moved there for safety - then why set the main stage up right at the gates overlooked by dozens of sky scrapers? Safer would have been to set it up deep in the park (that would also have allowed other people to use the park by not blocking off the gates and more protestors to sit and listen as they could sit to both sides - it is set up in a corner right now according to the photos).

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

this is the lie.

The move to Lumpini park is because suthep and his followers numbers are dwindling, and the backlash from businesses both large and small are being felt in sutheps inner circle. Sutheps days are numbered, and the trial for him and his cronies will make for great entertainment thumbsup.gif

this is the lie.

The move to Lumpini park is because suthep and his followers numbers are dwindling, and the backlash from businesses both large and small are being felt in sutheps inner circle. Sutheps days are numbered, and the trial for him and his cronies will make for great entertainment thumbsup.gif

Of course you are right about the numbers dwindling, as has by all accounts the money to fund the protest sites - all that karaoke kit doesn't come cheap!

I doubt that there will be a trial, those who control Suthep have, shall we say, influence with the courts.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How will the thug gaurds survive now that they cannot extort money from all of the traders who have set up in the protests sites?

What are thug gaurds? Are that those killed animals from Kui Buri National Park? And where did you get the extortion facts? Imaginary friends I guess.

Suthep made a wise decision to slow down a bit.His role is nearly over.It's time for the other players: the courts, the farmers and the reds!

Suthep postponed the election and therefor killed the Amnesty Bill, exposed the rice scam and got Yingluck in a Chiang Mai corner!

The courts, if unbiased, will do the rest of the shaving and the reds being aggressive as in their nature will put the final nail in the coffin of the Shin crew!

thug guards are the low lifes that beat up people, stop people from coming and going, and take money for "protection" all you had to do is stand on the bts walkover and SEE! but it seems that you just type from a safe computer. and the thug suthep did not accomplish anything but get innocent people killed. everything is the same as it was months ago.

Let's see ...

From Total Closure of Bangkok

To Close 27 spots

To Occupy 13 major intersections

To 7 is a more auspicious number than 13

To 4 is plenty for victory

To 1 is the winning number

As for Mission Accomplished, it's definitely, absolutely going to be in March. Apologies for the previous dates, but we mean it this time, 100% guaranteed***.

Just be patient, don't lose faith, keep donating hundred-Baht notes on our public marches (and the millions under the table from our real supporters, who are, er, camera-shy).

***But, as usual, we reserve the right to re-assess the Victory Date nearer the time.

• Like 2

Now if only Yingluck would listen to the people.sad.png

The government are not followers of the ammart like Suthep is, Suthep is clearly following orders that told him back off.

Just at the same time the army started to act to calm down the situation in the country, the split in the ranks of the military is a red flag that the power that be in the military have allowed the situation to deteriorate to the point of no return to normalcy in the country, The talks of separation in the country, the training of an defence force in the north, all red flags!

Suthep has no chance of forcing PM Yingluck to resign, much less of having an appointed peoples counsel (that only a minority supports), his following has dropped dramatically.

All signs point to Suthep has ceased to be a factor in change, but was serving and forcing the calls for division of and in Thailand!

He ceased to be seen as part of a solution and was causing a great part of the problem!

Only my personal opinion!

Cheers

Opinions are nice. But ones based on reality are even nicer.

Through this whole thing people have been accusing Suthep of wanting to run the country. Each and every one of them had done a typical red shirt thing. They had listened to red shirt radios read red shirt papers and drank in red shirt bars.

Is it any wonder they are clueless.

Given the condition of the country now.

Remember it had already increased in corruption and sank lower in the list of countries on corruption before Suthep came on the scene. They had already defaulted in money to the rice farmers. The

grass roots people who had sat silently through the red shirt attempted coup in 2010. Not said a word about the mess the PTP did in the handling of the 2011 flood watched promised pads not be delivered and heard reports on the one's that were as being useless. Watched 350 billion baht disappear in a water management scheme. Sat silently on the side lines as Yingluck jetted all over the world and allowed her brother a convicted in Thailand criminal to call in to the cabinet meetings.

All that before saying enough is enough.

Because they do not have the financial means to not work and just demonstrate month after month you think they are backing Yingluck now.

Shall we talk about the 2.2 trillion baht loan they wanted to make after they had made room in their budget by transferring the 1997 debts to the BOT. In effect they had more spendable money than the governments preceding them. They also claimed the cost of living going up was just an illusion. Yet they needed 2.2 trillion more. Or how about the amnesty bill they had one proposed by the families of some of the dead in the temple that was acceptable to the Democrats and most of the people in Thailand. But they turned it down because it did not white wash her brother. No other reason.

All this before Suthep arrived on the scene. You expect people to believe he is the heavy one in all this.

Given that kind of a government it only makes sense If and that is a big if you want to improve Thailand to have every one stand back and let knowledgeable non partisan people take over long enough to make sure there are laws with teeth in them to punish people who do those things and make the law clear. None of this but over here it says. Then hold an election.

Bear in mind I am more concerned with the welfare of the people than in the letter of the law if it is wrong they will change it. I don't know what kind of an education you had but the one I had taught me it is only illegal if the law is made making it illegal. Change the law so it is legal. The governments job is to take care of the people. When there is some thing wrong fix it.

My opinion based on facts not wishes or how good looking a women is or how much money I get. I say take money for falsifying things because we all know Thaksin has paid people on his staff to do that.sad.png

Well said NJ, but I wouldn't have bothered going to such great lengths to rebut someone as totally lop-sided as the Kikoman who begins his post with ...

The government are not followers of the ammart like Suthep is, Suthep is clearly following orders that told him back off

The great amart, Thaksin, and the faithful, blind following of his rhetoric by the current "government" is what brought us to where we are...!!

How will the thug gaurds survive now that they cannot extort money from all of the traders who have set up in the protests sites?

What are thug gaurds? Are that those killed animals from Kui Buri National Park? And where did you get the extortion facts? Imaginary friends I guess.

Suthep made a wise decision to slow down a bit.His role is nearly over.It's time for the other players: the courts, the farmers and the reds!

Suthep postponed the election and therefor killed the Amnesty Bill, exposed the rice scam and got Yingluck in a Chiang Mai corner!

The courts, if unbiased, will do the rest of the shaving and the reds being aggressive as in their nature will put the final nail in the coffin of the Shin crew!

For whatever reason(s) K. Suthep moved his base to Lumpini and closed all the other venues makes perfect sense. He has succeeded to do what he set out to do (and he knows it) and that is to bring this government down along with the Shins, it will become very clear to all within the next thirty days. The reds are stirring the pot and threatening, the government is on the ropes and the Dubai guy I feel sure is extremely desperate and K. Prayut is angry. If things goes completely sideways the people at Lumpini can be dispersed in short order, and the streets are reopened, win, win. Just my sincere opinion.

For whatever reason(s) K. Suthep moved his base to Lumpini and closed all the other venues makes perfect sense. He has succeeded to do what he set out to do (and he knows it) and that is to bring this government down along with the Shins, it will become very clear to all within the next thirty days. The reds are stirring the pot and threatening, the government is on the ropes and the Dubai guy I feel sure is extremely desperate and K. Prayut is angry. If things goes completely sideways the people at Lumpini can be dispersed in short order, and the streets are reopened, win, win. Just my sincere opinion.

Suthep has failed and will shortly slink off into the dark - this contest is over.

Out of curiosity, what do you do with the goats once you have roped them?

Suthep has failed and will shortly slink off into the dark - this contest is over.

Out of curiosity, what do you do with the goats once you have roped them?

BBQ them.