Does "under consideration" stamp actually extend permit to stay?

I had a visa exempt entry converted to Non-O, and have now applied for 1 yr extension.

The "under consideration" stamp given when applying for a 1-yr extension (marriage), does that actually extend you current stay permit until that date?

If I understand correctly, common procedure is to apply for the 1-yr extension at least 15 days before your current stay permit expires (which I did). The 30 day consideration period now exceeds my current stay permit.

I assume the answer is "yes", but better be safe than sorry!

Thx!!

Thx for the confirmation!

re: reentry permit. Good to know. I remember talking to a very upset expat who had left the country and had to restart his visa process. I thought that during the consideration period you are not supposed to leave (they might come to visit at your home, dont they?), but maybe the problem was only that he hadn't applied for a reentry permit.

You can get a re-entry permit.

For the first extension they will do a home visit if they didn't ask for witnesses (some office do it this way) when you did the application. If you did have to leave they would understand if you were not there.

Either he didn't get a re-entry permit or did not come back before the report back date.

ubonjoe,

Please advice, this visit from BKK Immigration, do we need to be at home together with wife at visit time? Wife working and come late evening or can visit her Mom. I can spend a lot of time outside home. But condo office girls knows us with wife long time already. Is this enough? I don't know when they visit and I will be at home or not... Thanks!

A word on the upset expat who had to start over: it was definitely something related to his stamps - the problem was NOT that he wasn't home for the house visit. I thought I better clarify so others don't jump to wrong conclusions.

@ubonjoe, @mario2008

Thx for the replies and the valuable information!

Very much appreciated!