Lost Baggage

oldsailor35

I would go back for another go at them, do all your contact though thier Australian office as you have much better consumer law protection in Australia.

Tell them you are going to make an official complaint to the ombudsman and the government minister.

And if you still get a negative response then write the letters and send them.

Scoot should have enough sense to know that answering an enquiry from a government department will probably cost more than paying you for your lost baggage.

The sqeeky wheel usually gets oiled....so just anoy the shit out of them

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi Baz, i have just remembered. With my first flight when it was 5 hours late, many passengers at Coolangatta were approaching local SCOOT staff and we were all told by them. Do not worry as SCOOT staff will take care of you when you reach Singapore. However when we arrived, they did not want to know us ! So we cannot trust Coolangatta staff, as they only bullshitted to get us off their backs. Seems like SCOOT stinks all round !

Its known as "Passing the buck"

I have flown all over the world on countless different airlines for years and only once had my luggage delayed by 1 day....I have even flown on Mongolian airlines and no trouble at all.

Qantas was the only airline that delayed my baggage. ...hardly a budget airline.

But I have flown on heaps of budget flights and never had a problem.

I guess my point is that I think its got as much to do with luck as it does the cost of the ticket or the airline.

Always having travel insurance is a good idea as well as that give you a fall back and a way to claim

Yes Baz, but my main concern is now not so much the question of compensation, thats already gone ! but the public relations service which i got from SCOOT which was a complete series of lies , misleading information, run around only to finally be told "We are a low cost airline so do not have to pay any compensation" Why is this not made plain on their website rather than all the "Lost and Delayed" bullshit. This is what i cannot forgive.

I have flown all over the world on countless different airlines for years and only once had my luggage delayed by 1 day....I have even flown on Mongolian airlines and no trouble at all.

Qantas was the only airline that delayed my baggage. ...hardly a budget airline.

But I have flown on heaps of budget flights and never had a problem.

I guess my point is that I think its got as much to do with luck as it does the cost of the ticket or the airline.

Always having travel insurance is a good idea as well as that give you a fall back and a way to claim

Yes Baz, but my main concern is now not so much the question of compensation, thats already gone ! but the public relations service which i got from SCOOT which was a complete series of lies , misleading information, run around only to finally be told "We are a low cost airline so do not have to pay any compensation" Why is this not made plain on their website rather than all the "Lost and Delayed" bullshit. This is what i cannot forgive.

Like I said they have a Facebook page so spread the word.

But be careful to only talk about your own experience and stick to the facts.

If they delete your post then just re-post again and again. ..Like I said. ...anoy the shit out of them

Scoot are clearly in brach of several international laws and conventions ,, as well as Australian law and Singapore and Thai law

Maybe john, but there really is nowhere to turn for action. Do you know that SCOOT is a subsidary of Singapore Airlines.

• 2 weeks later...

Well now it is 7th APRIL. Exactly 44 days since SCOOT mislayed my baggage for 5 days on 21st of Feb. Despite having payed an extra levy to make sure that SCOOT would deliver my baggage to me through Singapore to Bangkok. SCOOT has not even apologised for the 5 days of extra expense and stress which they put me through in Bangkok. But they were able to tell me that because they are a low cost airline, they have no responsibility to deliver my bags to me on arrival. .............Well done SCOOT, your low cost offers are not worth the risk. I just hope that others take notice, i will not cease warning them.