Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Hua Hin High Speed Train Proposal Prepared

High Speed Train Proposal Prepared

Thailand_high+speed+commuter+train.jpg

pic submitted

Hua Hin:-- The Office of Transport and Traffic Policy and Planning has prepared four high speed train projects to be proposed to the next government.

The office’s Director Chula Sukhamanop stated that the four projects include the construction of high speed train routes linking Bangkok to four prominent provinces in different regions which include Chiang Mai, Nong Khai, Hua Hin and Rayong.

Mr. Chula said that the plan had been established since the inception of the government's 2.2 Trillion baht loan bill, adding that, despite the mega projects being on hold at the moment, his office had decided to keep the prospect opened. Mr. Chula reported on the latest developments concerning the Bangkok-Chiang Mai high speed train route, saying that the route had been divided into two parts: Bangkok - Phitsanulok and Phitsanulok-Chiang Mai. He said that the office had completed public opinion polls and is orchestrating the Environmental Impact Assessment for the first stage. Mr. Chula said public feedback surveys are currently being conducted for the latter section.

The pre-construction surveys and studies for the Phitsanulok-Chiang Mai route are expected to be completed this year. Director Chula said his office would gradually complete the necessary studies for the projects, adding that once a new Transport Minister is installed the project would be ready for proposal and implementation.

hh2d.jpg
-- Hua Hin Today 2014-03-03

• Like 1

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is scary, a normal speed train can't even stay on the tracks !

Neither can a lot of the posts in most articles, generally, haha. Let alone gov't to stay on track with plans to focus on things that actually matter: poverty, education, standard of living (there is no money to pocket as much in those areas- and that is simply the truth, and motivation behind such preposterous proposals).

Hope this gets scraped and after the fiefdom of PTP

'I'm doing you a favor

As I'm taking all your money

I guess, I should feel sorry

But I don't even trust me

My thinking is derailed

I'm tied up to the tracks

The train of consequences

There ain't no turning back'

-Dave Mustaine-

The high speed train projects are also in the same league as the mega-projects and are unlikely to get off the ground while political instability and economic uncertainty exists.

Sad but true, any update on the outboard motor propellor project to alleviate the next floods?

• Like 1

How long before the project hits a corruption crossroad. One they can't cross until someone gets a payment that someone can't efford.

You know Shuthep, the reds should keep pushing for confrontation.I don't like to say it but civil war might just be the answer to the this countries problems. Shake it up, force outside intervention. Destroy the hierarchy of corruption that stalls this countries from ever producing an economy that fairly serves it's people. The country is constantly tied down by draconian beliefes and systems that benefit no one but the rich. Turn a page....start a new chapter, create opertunity for everyone. Not just people with white skin and long surnames.

• Like 2

Well, I still think back to the German-produced map I bought in Chiang Mai last year, which showed all the Metro/Subway stations for around Chiang Mai city.

When is this planned - before or after the high speed train south?

Mr Chula and his colleagues is earning good money conducting these surveys.

I really hope this project never takes place in Thailand.

As is it not enough hearing about the road killings, we will be hearing death on a massive scale if Thais take in their hands a fast speed train.

Thailand is perfectly capable of running a high speed train network, just as Thailand is perfectly capable of operating airports, both international airports and smaller regional airports.

A high speed train network will save countless lifes from the traffic it removes from overcrowded highways.

Its good to be positive, more people should be.

How long before the project hits a corruption crossroad. One they can't cross until someone gets a payment that someone can't efford.

You know Shuthep, the reds should keep pushing for confrontation.I don't like to say it but civil war might just be the answer to the this countries problems. Shake it up, force outside intervention. Destroy the hierarchy of corruption that stalls this countries from ever producing an economy that fairly serves it's people. The country is constantly tied down by draconian beliefes and systems that benefit no one but the rich. Turn a page....start a new chapter, create opertunity for everyone. Not just people with white skin and long surnames.

Hold the train.

Pay the rice farmers first.

• Like 1

I'm quite skeptical when I see "High speed" rail projects being announced. Very expensive to build properly which is why there are only 5 countries in the world (Two of them in the last 2 years ) who have them. All singing and dancing bullet train it won't be

Mr Chula and his colleagues is earning good money conducting these surveys.

I really hope this project never takes place in Thailand.

As is it not enough hearing about the road killings, we will be hearing death on a massive scale if Thais take in their hands a fast speed train.

Not necessarily true (transport deaths) .... Thai Airways seem to have a good record... why wouldn't Thai Rail with THE RIGHT PROPOSAL.... which NOBODY has seen as yet?

I'm quite skeptical when I see "High speed" rail projects being announced. Very expensive to build properly which is why there are only 5 countries in the world (Two of them in the last 2 years ) who have them. All singing and dancing bullet train it won't be

I can think of 7 mate, Japan, China, Taiwan, Germany, France, Spain & the UK. admittedly the UK is only London to the channel tunnel but they are planning an expansion. The French & German networks also serve Brussels and Amsterdam.

As these networks are also capable of carrying large quantities of freight at cheaper rates I can see why the SE Asian countries, China in particular, are so interested. They could even follow the Swiss model of removing trucks from the road and putting them on trains for the majority of the journey.

There's high speed and there's high speed , Technically anything 200- 220 KPH , The bullet type 300kph plus only really in Germany ,Japan , France , Taiwan and China (Last 10 years not2 as posted before) , not so sure about Spain

Its the technology leap and expense if you got to the real high speed stuff that causes the problems

RoberttheBruce wouldn't care for it - it could be a French HST. They link most of the big cities and have done so for a long time.

I went to Penang recently and the Malaysians are almost completely ready for it. The lines and the new stations.

..what a pathetic joke.......

....every project presented by this government.....

...has seen lots, lots, lots of money allocated.....

....flooding....roads....rice.........

....and nothing, nothing, nothing completed......

• Like 2