Why do people leave Thailand, why did you ?

Banzai99

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Men never leave Thailand on purpose. Ask Victor Bout. He was in jail and still wanted to stay. It may be a broken heart or a broken wallet but it's never on purpose. Then, they come back here on Thai Visa and turn into anti Thai posters who claim to have found intelligence or righteousness or integrity but the boys all know the real story.

I purposely will buy tickets outta here in a couple of months.

Not everyone needs to stay....or is desperate enough to need it with all its flaws.

I am leaving with purpose......might be back, ya never know, might not, ya never know.

• Like 1

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Men never leave Thailand on purpose. Ask Victor Bout. He was in jail and still wanted to stay. It may be a broken heart or a broken wallet but it's never on purpose. Then, they come back here on Thai Visa and turn into anti Thai posters who claim to have found intelligence or righteousness or integrity but the boys all know the real story.

Not everyone needs to stay....or is desperate enough to need it with all its flaws.

I am leaving with purpose......might be back, ya never know, might not, ya never know.

Thailand is like, Strawberry Fields,

I'll try again. You have to leave. You don't really want to leave but you find it necessary to leave. You could not stay even if you wanted to. You may have to leave for money reasons or emotional reasons but there is a reason you can not stay any longer. And rather than discuss the real reason you have decided to rationalize your choice by degrading Thailand at every opportunity.

That was my point.

Why do you think there are so many Thai bashers here?

Find an anti post and then research the poster. Eventually you find the real reason. The real motivation. Real men don't eat quiche nor want to leave Thailand. It is just one of those things. Some times you have to leave. I understand. It's too hot not to cool down for some. Some can't take the heat. So go and catch your breath.

Look at the clip below as Butch tells Sundance that they speak English in Australia. They really don't want to leave Bolivia but they are going because they speak English in Australia, I know you want to leave Thailand like Butch and Sundance want to leave Bolivia.

http://www.boreme.com/posting.php?id=12090#.U0ZfE1dIG2U

Edited by thailiketoo

I'll try again. You have to leave. You don't really want to leave but you find it necessary to leave. You could not stay even if you wanted to. You may have to leave for money reasons or emotional reasons but there is a reason you can not stay any longer. And rather than discuss the real reason you have decided to rationalize your choice by degrading Thailand at every opportunity.

That was my point.

Find an anti post and then research the poster. Eventually you find the real reason. The real motivation. Real men don't eat quiche nor want to leave Thailand. It is just one of those things. Some times you have to leave. I understand. It's too hot not to cool down for some. Some can't take the heat. So go and catch your breath.

Look at the clip below as Butch tells Sundance that they speak English in Australia. They really don't want to leave Bolivia but they are going because they speak English in Australia, I know you want to leave Thailand like Butch and Sundance want to leave Bolivia.

Your point sucks big ones.

But is it different anywhere else? Oldies and others chase the Dordogne or Costa/Algarve dream. Londoners chase the

rural shires/Wales/whatever. May well be that people coming here underestimate costs, but they have certainly done that if they bought a Spanish Villa for £250,000 that is now worth £100,000. The attractions of many places Oz, US are great if you have income/capital..but so are London/NY. Have to ask what are people looking for and how do they think they canafford it and/or what are they running away from? We move, regularly, between Thailand and the UK. We have houses and

incomes; so we can do it.The kids like the arrangement...UK schools and their friends...Thailand ditto. Is it so

difficult to plan life and prepare for the unexpected? I can see no overwhelming reasons to stay or to leave..and

the same goes for the UK; we just get on with what we are lucky enough to have. !!

That was my point.

Good response. I believe that is what Thai Visa refers to as a flame.

So we don't get the real reason? You know what it is. You thought about it while reading my post. You can tell us. You are not unique. You are not the first.

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

That was my point.

Good response. I believe that is what Thai Visa refers to as a flame.

So we don't get the real reason? You know what it is. You thought about it while reading my post. You can tell us. You are not unique. You are not the first.

You seem unique. I think you would make a great fictional crime writer.

I am leaving cos I cannae bare that shIt pla stuff my wife eats and causing me duress at 1am every night.

That was my point.

yeah, very big one's

well, good to see some of the Thai bashes going strong. I wont get into that .I just thought I would give my two bob's worth(20 cents to the americans out there)I came here and had some money , not rich but comfortable. Mt wife suggested to start a construction company , which brought out so many wife bashes E.G she will take all your money , she is no good etc etc . Well 15 months later we are doing great and she hasnt taken one baht off me . We paid 2 million baht in taxes this year , but I am not complaining at all as Thailand has been very good to me and my wife. Thailand has really made me happy , and would never go back to live in my home country permanent again.Leave this country ??? no way . i will give as much as I can to this country , after all it has given me the opportunity to make something of my life and have a great retirement.There are many expats here who love this country too, and have done good here.

kevvy

sadly, positive posts like yours are drowned out by the chorus of negativity,

thanks for posting positively, and, about a business that worked,

I am thinking the same way, there has to be a good reason to be there, other than young girls,

even though, thats a great start

• Like 1

all the expat elderly gents i have known over the last 20+ years went home because their health got too bad to remain ,but theres plenty of dosser farangs in pattaya and elsewhere who have nothing to go back too as they burnt their bridges .

others got burned by thai women and went home potless .

bar owners who got screwed went on to nearby countries .

• Like 2

all the expat elderly gents i have known over the last 20+ years went home because their health got too bad to remain ,but theres plenty of dosser farangs in pattaya and elsewhere who have nothing to go back too as they burnt their bridges .

others got burned by thai women and went home potless .

bar owners who got screwed went on to nearby countries .

what happened to the bar owners?

To me, it's very, very simple. Heat and pollution. And definitely in that order. everything else is a very distant third. I've tried to escape the heat, but wasn't great at it. This is usually accompanied by allergies and lack of proper hydration -- too hot to keep hydrated all the time.

Heat for a month is fine. 2 months is doable. 3 months is usually achievable. It's the 4th month that just wears me down, since i was trying to bike all the time (6 days a week). I did worry about my health. No wind up north. It was rough.

The people had nothing to do with it. The language, culture, tourists, etc........nope.

I will likely return sometime and try again. Maybe get a place in the mountains. who knows.

Please do not try to convince other's that intrinsic market forces are the sole denominator in the value of any country's currency.

I have been in Forex since the Plaza Accord,

there is more than trade balances involved in the inherent fluctuation on any given day.

When the PPT decides to target a currency, or someone (US Gov) backs Soro's life its no longer about "value"

And fiat currency, not backed by anything, except a pretty picture of an aged monarch, is inherently, value less

but thanks for the lesson

I do agree with you. PPT is more powerful than even sovereign funds. Anyhow, my only thought, not conflict, would be on the fiat currency model. OK, the USA is a fiat, or "worthless" currency. we all know no gold standard, and we all know debt/gdp is horrible. we all know Q2/Q3 is moronic; HOWEVER, USA has a gdp of like 17 TRILLION. They also has a decent military. They also are in bed with tons of others who really need this fiat money. They also force tons to buy our "worthless" treasury bonds. So, it might be fiat, but i think it's the best fiat out there. We are a bully, and a very smart one at that. It's like trying to tell the 800-lb gorilla that it's banana has no value, yet you want the banana. yet you need the "worthless' banana.

• Like 1

To me, it's very, very simple. Heat and pollution. And definitely in that order. everything else is a very distant third. I've tried to escape the heat, but wasn't great at it. This is usually accompanied by allergies and lack of proper hydration -- too hot to keep hydrated all the time.

Heat for a month is fine. 2 months is doable. 3 months is usually achievable. It's the 4th month that just wears me down, since i was trying to bike all the time (6 days a week). I did worry about my health. No wind up north. It was rough.

The people had nothing to do with it. The language, culture, tourists, etc........nope.

I will likely return sometime and try again. Maybe get a place in the mountains. who knows.

Heat and Pollution are external,

the inability to cleanse with fresh water, or high pH water was equally troubling

I maintained my health with a juicer, using organic products but was going to lose the battle as I began putting in weight from beer and over eating.

other than sex, and music, there wasnt much else to enjoy in thailand,

you can only go to the malls so often, for a/c, but with a female attached, that becomes expensive, as, they cant help themselves

i enter Thailand twice a week when going for a foot massage and i leave Thailand twice a week when i return to my home.

Good point Naam. In many ways I am also not really in Thailand when I am at home in Thailand. This also applies when at a Starbucks in a shopping center or at farang restaurant. Taking small, but frequent breaks from Thailand helps.

i enter Thailand twice a week when going for a foot massage and i leave Thailand twice a week when i return to my home.

Good point Naam. In many ways I am also not really in Thailand when I am at home in Thailand. This also applies when at a Starbucks in a shopping center or at farang restaurant. Taking small, but frequent breaks from Thailand helps.

I was able to recreate an american lifestyle n bangkok

once I got to the suburbs and a gated community, it felt like any other, (very hot) place in america

the shopping mall was american style, everything in english, gourmet restaurants and grocery,

all the american brands and british brands lined one after the other, in the mall,, with the new feel of mall, familiar to many americans

the people,

all wearing american branded shirts,

a niche business is surely, in importing american fashions, which they cannot even read,

great restaurants that focussed on our diets, combined with thai diets, ie., Fuji, BBQ's of every level of quality

with all that, it was still a "difficult" place to see settling down for any length of time.

I think about going back, but to what?

I see decline and hardship on the horizon there,

the exchange rate is about to become more favorable as thai prices decline and the economy contracts; hard

not the time to get started in thailand,

but that may be temporary

the inability to cleanse with fresh water, or high pH water was equally troubling

I maintained my health with a juicer, using organic products but was going to lose the battle as I began putting in weight from beer and over eating.

you can only go to the malls so often, for a/c, but with a female attached, that becomes expensive, as, they cant help themselves

Music, really?

Music, really?

I found like minded musicians, skilled in rock. so yes, music

I say most older leave because they can not afford medical care in Thailand so go back home to the cold and free medical and stuff that they can get.

I remain hereThailand good pension worked hard for it too just came back from visiting my father in New Zealand for two weeks 94 years old lives alone but stll drives and mows the lawns.

My thai parner of 10 years does not want to live in New Zealand but said when my dad gets sick she and I will live back in N.Z. for as long as it takes to my father passers on then I will rent the house out there and return to lovely Thailand.

You just have to plan the best you can for your future and when young just deferconsumpsion

There is plenty to do here if your have a good partner and I do not mean spending open ones eyes and smell the sea. Not the pussy

Shucks...I have grown to kinda like the smell of dead fish...

Even more weird and wonderful tales from the marijuana-addled mind of Scarpolo Mitty.

Maintained his health with a juicer but blew up on beer and over-eating in his soapy massage girlfriend's gated community laugh.png

Couldn't wash with the water??!!

You were pouring enough beer down your neck to begin putting on weight, smoking poor quality ganja, taking no exercise and you actually have the audacity to bitch about the water as though your body's a temple cheesy.gif

Priceless. Utterly priceless.

• Like 1

Even more weird and wonderful tales from the marijuana-addled mind of Scarpolo Mitty.

Maintained his health with a juicer but blew up on beer and over-eating in his soapy massage girlfriend's gated community laugh.png

Couldn't wash with the water??!!

You were pouring enough beer down your neck to begin putting on weight, smoking poor quality ganja, taking no exercise and you actually have the audacity to bitch about the water as though your body's a temple cheesy.gif

Priceless. Utterly priceless.

yea

I was just going w Benj. Franklin on the beer,

since I couldnt get good water, it was Hogaarden and Heineken w a little Chang Classic for extra punch,

but perfect in its logic as that was where I would find good water

good french wine was considered import there, thai for, triple the price

Edited by Scarpolo

well, good to see some of the Thai bashes going strong. I wont get into that .I just thought I would give my two bob's worth(20 cents to the americans out there)I came here and had some money , not rich but comfortable. Mt wife suggested to start a construction company , which brought out so many wife bashes E.G she will take all your money , she is no good etc etc . Well 15 months later we are doing great and she hasnt taken one baht off me . We paid 2 million baht in taxes this year , but I am not complaining at all as Thailand has been very good to me and my wife. Thailand has really made me happy , and would never go back to live in my home country permanent again.Leave this country ??? no way . i will give as much as I can to this country , after all it has given me the opportunity to make something of my life and have a great retirement.There are many expats here who love this country too, and have done good here.

kevvy

I am thinking the same way, there has to be a good reason to be there, other than young girls,

I could list a number of positives also....but TLT still thinks there is a hidden meaning for leaving...other than I can and just want to now at this time.

By the way.....wish I could rock on.....have friends here that play locally, very good and met an old thai guy recently about 60yo that is really good, introd him to other friend last week and jam session followed...

• Like 1

kevvy

I could list a number of positives also....but TLT still thinks there is a hidden meaning for leaving...other than I can and just want to now at this time.

By the way.....wish I could rock on.....have friends here that play locally, very good and met an old thai guy recently about 60yo that is really good, introd him to other friend last week and jam session followed...

the OP gave a perspective on how he sees things,

he can be right for 99% of the people he knew and witnessed,

and wrong about the other 1% who actually make up the real 99%, which is and was out of his field of vision.

he may also refer to those who legit tried to give it all, and failed.

thailand is a black hole,

and while you are enjoying the hole, its fine, but shine some light on it, and, it loses its appeal

music kept me going,

and keeps me interested in thailand,

the girls too, but I am not going there just for women, although, all I have seen since returning here, have been horrible,

but, it is also that I havent gone to ft lauderdale yet,

where I live is not a good example, and there are two old bags here, 57 and 62 who dont talk to me because, they dont like hippies, just drunkards, like them

Edited by Scarpolo