Common Billing And Payment Methods

Hi, I'm a British citizen soon to have an interview for a job in Bangkok. I'm trying to find out how people and businesses usually get invoiced for services such as telephone, internet and satellite TV. Is it as it is in the UK i.e a monthly/ quarterly bill?

Also how are these services normally paid for? Do people pay cash, credit card, bank transfer, or pay at payment points in stores/ post offices- is it the same for businesses?

And finally, if an account falls overdue do people just get switched off and/ or taken to court? Can anyone explain the legal process to me pertaining legal action to collect overdue debts.

This could be a once in a lifetime opportunity for me so any information on this subject would be very much appreciated.

Cheers

Taz...

If you fill out paperwork you can use direct debit to a bank account for most bills. There is PayPoint service at 7-11 that accepts most payments. There is bank counter service that pays most bills. There is phone banking that can be used. There is ATM service that can be used. You can go to billing address and pay.

You will be billed by mail. If you fail to pay you can expect (almost) immediate loss of service and reconnect charges if you want again. Legal action can be taken and phone and mail notices received within days.

Just to clarify "lost of service", they come and take your meter away. So when you pay the outstanding amount you have to wait until the field technician gets around to coming back and reinstalling your meter, then you get your service back.

:o