Bird flu in Chiang Mai city?

CNXBKKMAN

Over the last few weeks cycling about Chiang Mai city I have seen a lot of dead and squashed pigeons on the roads and soi's. I didn't think much of it until I mentioned it to my GF and she said there was bird flu in the city and three people have it already. Has anyone heard about this? Apart from my GF I haven't heard anything. Sometimes things get lost in translation.

About 18:50 tonight I was cycling down a soi near Chedi Luang. Pigeon stood in the middle of the road didn't fly of as I approached as you would expect. My wheel passed within inches of it. It barely moved and looked sickly, just waiting to die. Anyone else noticing this stuff?

I have noticed more dead birds, always pigeons since I posted this thread. I know the pollution and smoke particles at this time of the year are unhealthy for the birds. The pigeons seem to lose their power and reactions and they get squashed by the traffic.

I have noticed more dead birds, always pigeons since I posted this thread. I know the pollution and smoke particles at this time of the year are unhealthy for the birds. The pigeons seem to lose their power and reactions and they get squashed by the traffic.

seen a more dead birds laying around the village than i ever seen before.