Chalerm says Yingluck still caretaker prime minister

webfact

Yeah.The rice scheme ran into some minor difficulties that could have been quickly and easily remedied had the Democrats not acted as they did.

laugh.png

Pipkins, I can call you Pipkins can't I? Have you been out having drinkins with Chalerm?

Call me what you want, it aint going to change the fact the Thailand is going to have at least another decade (probably more) of Red rule. I imagine Yingluck is going to age as gracefully as she rules this country.

You may be right about the 10 more years of red misrule but Poo's legal problems are getting to be quite a challenge for their lawyers, so she might have to "die for democracy" and step down. Or did you mean she will age disgracefully in prison.

• Like 1

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Perhaps more interesting is that if NAAC rules Yingluck quilty of dereliction of duty, her removal from government may have to wait until the election of the new Senate who alone has authority to remove the PM. Election of half the senators is on March 30th, appointment of the other half could take longer? April or May is beginning to look llike the point a new government will be able to function, unless of course Suthep could still succeed to keep the government in an interim status beyond summer.

Yingluck has to step down the moment the NACC has indicted until her the Senate either impeaches her or lets her off. I think the caretaker Senate may be able to hear impeachments because impeachment has to be done urgently under the Constitution. Of the existing Senate 50 supported the government's Senate reform bill. So that is indication of the die hard support YL has there and it is not enough to save her but it is close allowing room for bribery. She needs at least 61 votes. Perhaps the NACC will indict those 50 Senators for voting for the Senate reform bill to stack the odds a bit better.

Alternatively, if the impeachment has to be heard by the new Senate and is strung out, Yingluck can be just suspended from duty while they fine tune other methods to get rid of her permanently. There are some pending cases that might see the PT dissolved. Eventually there will be a trial in the Supreme Court for Political Office Holders over the rice pledging and that court hears the case without prejudice the impeachment proceedings, i.e. being acquitted by the Senate doesn't necessarily get YL off the hook in the Supreme Court.

Edited by Dogmatix

Yeah.The rice scheme ran into some minor difficulties that could have been quickly and easily remedied had the Democrats not acted as they did.

laugh.png

Pipkins, I can call you Pipkins can't I? Have you been out having drinkins with Chalerm?

Call me what you want, it aint going to change the fact the Thailand is going to have at least another decade (probably more) of Red rule. I imagine Yingluck is going to age as gracefully as she rules this country.

You may be right about the 10 more years of red misrule but Poo's legal problems are getting to be quite a challenge for their lawyers, so she might have to "die for democracy" and step down. Or did you mean she will age disgracefully in prison.

The more you look into the less substance there appears to be in the divine Miss Y's legal "troubles". I think a unilateral all court backdown from all of the silliness is in the realm of possibilities. I am very, very curious as to what is in store for Suthep in the future. If it all ends in a Red rout as it appears it is going to what will become of him? Jail? Excile? Pardon? Hard to imagine he will get out of this self inflicted mess scott free. Perhaps he is doomed to spend the rest of his life requiring 30 odd "popcorners" to protect him from the long arm of the law.

laugh.pngPipkins, I can call you Pipkins can't I? Have you been out having drinkins with Chalerm?

The more you look into the less substance there appears to be in the divine Miss Y's legal "troubles". I think a unilateral all court backdown from all of the silliness is in the realm of possibilities. I am very, very curious as to what is in store for Suthep in the future. If it all ends in a Red rout as it appears it is going to what will become of him? Jail? Excile? Pardon? Hard to imagine he will get out of this self inflicted mess scott free. Perhaps he is doomed to spend the rest of his life requiring 30 odd "popcorners" to protect him from the long arm of the law.

Maybe Suthep will indeed spend the rest of his life surrounded by popcorn vendors but I don't think Poo's legal troubles are insignificant. The rice pledging scandal is a national catastrophe and the NACC clearly has evidence of egregious corruption in it. Poo was chairman and failed to do anything about it, despite numerous warnings. The massive size of the scheme and damage caused to the make an excellent choice for making an example of a politician. Some of the other 15 people to be charged by the NACC are definitely going down too.

laugh.png

Even if you were a PTP follower this remark would make them pewk. This has to be the best wind up I have ever seen posted.

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 1

MORN I don't watch Bluesky, and have no reason to.

You've conveniently managed to avoid though all the other points mentioned previously.

Corruption charges - plenty of accusations but it's the number of CONVICTIONS that counts and as of this moment to government has been found guilty of exactly ZERO.

Delayed Rice Payments - Pretty much caused by Sutheps' antics in the street, now almost resolved (probably the main reason the Yellows attention is now focused on the secession red herring). Notice the lack of farmers in the streets - basically problem solved.

Secession threats - red herring, if the Yellow nutters weren't ranting about this they would have nothing to say - they've lost every fight/argument they've been in to date. YInglucks' low key, non confrontational management of this insurrection has utterly destroyed the Yellows.

Murder charges - This is where it gets truly ridiculous. Some unidentified thug fires a grenade into a crowd, killing innocents, and you somehow think Yingluck is responsible. May as well charge her with beating up and robbing the Danish tourist in Sukhumvit the other day. Murder charges = drivel.

Fire up that TV, tune in to Bluesky - you'll have a front row seat to the end of days for this anti-democratic minority mob.

Keep sipping your Red koolaid. Well see.
When will MURDER charges be filed, by the court against her, its the fair and democratic thing to do.

Maybe Suthep will indeed spend the rest of his life surrounded by popcorn vendors but I don't think Poo's legal troubles are insignificant. The rice pledging scandal is a national catastrophe and the NACC clearly has evidence of egregious corruption in it. Poo was chairman and failed to do anything about it, despite numerous warnings. The massive size of the scheme and damage caused to the make an excellent choice for making an example of a politician. Some of the other 15 people to be charged by the NACC are definitely going down too.

In the past few days there has been a series of verdicts going against the Democrats, Suthep and their mob.

Starting to look like and aborted judicial coup. They've looked into the abyss, shit themselves and are now backing down.

Guess we'll know for sure in the middle of March, if Yingluck is acquitted then it's all over for Suthep and his rabble.

• Like 1

In the past few days there has been a series of verdicts going against the Democrats, Suthep and their mob.

Starting to look like and aborted judicial coup. They've looked into the abyss, shit themselves and are now backing down.

Guess we'll know for sure in the middle of March, if Yingluck is acquitted then it's all over for Suthep and his rabble.

True, the CC declined / refused to nullify the election which was a hugely significant development and the EC, which has been hot and cold, has gone with the government just recently on a partial payment in the rice scheme. The rice payment of 20bn will be a loan due May 31st which may suggest something in the time frame - may.

Reading judicial tea leaves in Thailand is tenuous at best but there are objective developments that have considerably set back the feudalists of Suthep and Abhisit. In fact the two have been losing left and right for months now. It is starting to look like getting close to 'Hail Mary' time for each and both together.

• Like 2

laugh.png

I wouldn't expect you to recognize the qualitative difference, which is a significant one.

One guy has come in here and dissembled all of you guys in just one thread. The only strength you guys had was to post en masse and repeatedly but now you've lost that here as one poster has reduced all of you to flailing en masse, repeatedly.

You also have failed to take note that your bumbler Chalerm has driven Suthep off to a corner of a public park to lick his wounds as Bangkok now ignores both he and his "People's Council."

The old guard elites write the constitutions and the rules of the game but PTP has the better and high quality counselors and advisors which is why Suthep and his stillborn mobs of the invisible millions were unable to overwhelm the government.

It's hard to say what the court will do in interpreting the 2007 coup written constitution but anyone should see the court doesn't want to precipitate a civil uprising by half the population.

Has it ever occurred to you that you might be deluded? What makes you thing that you can pass the judgment what is right or wrong in Thailand? You need to get down to earth. Judging by the failed election there is not even a third of the population. High quality counselors do not employ drunkards to run security operations, do they?wai2.gif

• Like 1

laugh.png

I wouldn't expect you to recognize the qualitative difference, which is a significant one.

One guy has come in here and dissembled all of you guys in just one thread. The only strength you guys had was to post en masse and repeatedly but now you've lost that here as one poster has reduced all of you to flailing en masse, repeatedly.

You also have failed to take note that your bumbler Chalerm has driven Suthep off to a corner of a public park to lick his wounds as Bangkok now ignores both he and his "People's Council."

The old guard elites write the constitutions and the rules of the game but PTP has the better and high quality counselors and advisors which is why Suthep and his stillborn mobs of the invisible millions were unable to overwhelm the government.

It's hard to say what the court will do in interpreting the 2007 coup written constitution but anyone should see the court doesn't want to precipitate a civil uprising by half the population.

Has it ever occurred to you that you might be deluded? What makes you thing that you can pass the judgment what is right or wrong in Thailand? You need to get down to earth. Judging by the failed election there is not even a third of the population. High quality counselors do not employ drunkards to run security operations, do they?wai2.gif

Speaking of delusion. How about the NACC.

After declaring the PDRC protest sites and their tactic of blockading and invading government offices legal and peaceful these clowns are now in the process of gathering evidence to file charges against the individuals involved in the inevitable reciprocal Red blockade of their own offices.

Amazing Thailand indeed.

Pipkins isnt manofreason, and vice versa. My apologies to Bob Amsterdam, I can tell you are upset for not getting recognition.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Pipkins isnt manofreason, and vice versa. My apologies to Bob Amsterdam, I can tell you are upset for not getting recognition.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I googled Bob Amsterdam and am quite flattered for the comparison.

Cheers mate.

wai2.gif

laugh.png

Another one OTT.

My post presents my analysis, period, what I think will happen and why, so I don't know where you found your high horse to climb up on about deciding right and wrong in Thailand. Maybe you need a break from the daily grind around here.

It's neither here nor there but I will say I haven't any use of cop killers or the family that protects them (now you can talk about right or wrong in Thailand). All the same, I reiterate your man Suthep is licking his wounds from court endorsed street violence Chalerm was commissioned to stop, and it has stopped. Suthep even with a free pass from the feudal courts couldn't pull off his insurrection.

Ulysses Grant was the general Prez Lincoln finally put in command of all Union armies because he won his battles and finally won the civil war to terminate the South's secession. Lincoln grew weary of being constantly reminded Gen Grant always carried a flask, so Lincoln ordered that all the Union army generals drink the same brand of whiskey as General Grant, who went on to be elected president.

Then there was Winston Churchill but then that too is another albeit similar story I'll reserve for another thread.

PTP doesn't give a shit about how they get money as long as they are paying the rice farmers because that is vote buying - they have tried every method under the sun mostly against the law and what wasn't outside the law nobody wanted to know

Maybe at some point in the near future an extensive investigation will take place and expose to the good Thai people exactly what went on and who now has well over 500 billion of their money stolen from under their noses - In order of who has it

Thaksin is number one

Several MP's are number two

Red Leaders are number three

and the rest as petty cash to support hit squads who have bombed and attacked PDRC demonstrators and killed many including young children all backed by the government

I have to say that the future of this country is lost- it's now greed money and power and the avoidance of prosecution and investigation at all costs - IMO Thailand is now lost to a bunch of very greedy people who have gone too far and will stop at nothing to cover up their misdeeds - Thaksin is one very evil man - the money behind the whole charade

very sad indeed

ManOfReason

Mate, you would have made a good Thai PM. Certainly more vocally capable than YL. Certainly as resolute. Certainly driven clearly by unobstructed vision. You could have made speeches that would make an impact in English. Ever thought of applying for a full time professional job as one of her/his advisers/spokesman: money might be even better?

BTW, where the tag come from?

From the Nation:

However, according to former election commissioner Sodsri Satayathum, the caretaker government could expire in early March - when the 30-day deadline for the House of Representatives to convene is reached - as the number of MPs voted into Parliament in the February 2 election is less than 95 per cent of the possible total of 500. That means the first parliamentary session cannot be held.

Article 127 of the Constitution requires that within 30 days after the election, the first Parliament sitting must be convened.

According to Sodsri, some groups plan to file a petition to the Constitutional Court, seeking a judicial review on whether the caretaker government was ineffective or not, based on the House being unable to call a meeting before March 4 and being unable to elect a new PM within 30 days of the first parliamentary session.

"It would create a political deadlock and might pave the way for establishment of a non-elected prime minister under Article 7 of the charter," Sodsri said.

Eventually, Yingluck is going to be forced to step down.