Economy, Difference Between Honda 125 and 110.

Can anyone please tell me if there is a difference in economy between a Honda Wave 125 and a Honda 110cc, I was thinking about a new Honda Wave 125, and a family member is selling his almost brand new Honda 110. Sometimes I ride distances of about 80 K at a time. Any help would be appreciated.

Not sure her possum but i think you might have to quote the build year and model. I believe (and could be wrong) that there are different types of the model you mention.

Thanks Robblok, the bike is a Honda 110 Wave PGM-F1 fuel injection, less than 6 months old. My present bike is a Honda Wave 125 about 8 years old, and still a great bike. I am not interested in power, just economy and reliability.

OP I don't know how many kilometers per liter you get on your 125 Wave but I am getting around 51-52 kilometers per liter on my 110i Wave running around town in Pattaya. My Wave is the 110i AT version (automatic transmission). I read somewhere they stuck the automatic on the 110i to create the AT version because of its fuel economy. Mine is two years old with almost 18k kilometers and so far trouble free.

I suspect the manual transmission version has much better fuel economy than the AT version.

around town the 110i will be better than your old 125 wave.. on the longer runs your speed would dictate economy. My wifes 110i is pretty bad on long runs with me riding (but on the few occasions i ride it , i ring its neck)

But around town she likes it.

How much is it selling for?

OP I don't know how many kilometers per liter you get on your 125 Wave but I am getting around 51-52 kilometers per liter on my 110i Wave running around town in Pattaya. My Wave is the 110i AT version (automatic transmission). I read somewhere they stuck the automatic on the 110i to create the AT version because of its fuel economy. Mine is two years old with almost 18k kilometers and so far trouble free.

I suspect the manual transmission version has much better fuel economy than the AT version.

Very interesting Ballbreaker.

Click-I might use a little less, and is not even said.

The question is if you want an underbone manual or a flat footrest auto.

If you want economy drive slowly.

I never drive fast when I am riding my motorbike. I also have a Yamaha Fino, and it uses much more petrol than my Wave 125.

around town the 110i will be better than your old 125 wave.. on the longer runs your speed would dictate economy. My wifes 110i is pretty bad on long runs with me riding (but on the few occasions i ride it , i ring its neck)

But around town she likes it.

How much is it selling for?

I don't know yet, but I am thinking of making an offer for it hence this thread.

Click-I might use a little less, and is not even said.

The question is if you want an underbone manual or a flat footrest auto.

If you want economy drive slowly.

Both bikes are waves..

Anyway the difference in fuel economy on all the smaller type bikes would be small...not a concern at all IMO

Comfort and design.eg .storage, auto or manual electric start or kick start only, disc or drum brakes.etc to comply to what you really want to use it for are far more important to me.

Agree for economy..drive slowly..but hell, where do you draw the line..we're not talking gas guzzling monsters here..

Edited by andreandre

Unless the 110 is priced right(under 40,000 baht)then buy a far more capable bike for less strain on longer runs or up-hills.Even better would be to buy a far better built bike such as a Lifan 110cc (less than 40,000 baht brand new)or better still , a Yamaha Nouvo.

Edited by nigel jeffrey

Unless the 110 is priced right(under 40,000 baht)then buy a far more capable bike for less strain on longer runs or up-hills.Even better would be to buy a far better built bike such as a Lifan 110cc (less than 40,000 baht brand new)or better still , a Yamaha Nouvo.

A Lifan 110 is better built than a Honda Wave 110i. Really!!!

The Wave should be less than 30k to be attractive.

Sent from my XT1032 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

IMO, the main advantage of the 125 is larger under-seat storage.

The Wave 110i is the best selling vehicle in Thailand and the world.

I think the styling is nicer, especially if you remove most of the stickers.

2014 model has alloy wheels option, in case you don't dig leaky tubes.

Lifans are shit. They're built to a similar budget that a normal person would build a Meccano bike with.

I don't know the fuel economy for the 125; however, I had a 2008 Honda Wave CZi (sporty model of 110i) that I bought new and rode for 22,087 Km and I recorded every drop of fuel in a spread sheet. My long term average was 58.2 Km/Liter; Honda reported 57 Kl/L on the sales brochure, so I think you can reasonably compare the data from Honda :) Another bonus is that both bikes can use E20, normally 2.5 baht cheaper than Gasohol 91.

My little "Mini Beast" was a fun bike. I rode her from BKK to Chiang Mai twice and once from Pattaya to Chiang Mai. Also Chiang Mai to Mae Sai and the Mae Hong Song Loop.

My personal observation is that the 125 is built a little heavier and a bit more storage under the seat. Both bikes are economical and great transportation.

Chok Dee!

I think you will find the larger tank very useful. 125 seems the way to go!.Fuel consumption great on both , but 125 engine less stressed .Lifan has carb engine giving 65 KM per liter , and has alloy wheels with good wide tyres as standard.

The new 125i has a 5.4 litre fuel tank as opposed to the 3.7 litre of the new 110i. That will give it useful extra range between fillups.

That is so true; on road trips I was always stopping for gas on my old CZi