Thai Court accepts murder trial of Yingluck and five top officials

webfact

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very misleading headline, they've been accepted for a hearing, with regards to them going on trial, they're not on trial wink.png ....yet!!

Correct. The next step is probably the request to caretaker PM and the others to come to hear charges. Only then the court can proceed and even then it may not come to a trial.

There was a similar incident, at the very same bridge, back in 2010. The government was determined responsible, in the courts, and the victims' families were paid in excess of 7,000,000 baht each.

Since Suthep was the man in charge, would that, by this logic, make him responsible? Forget Ratchprasong; this case has already been determined!

It was the PTP that paid those involved in all deaths of 2010 7 million baht.

Suthep has been charged with murder for a number of deaths in 2010, and the government are currently trying to charge him with 99 deaths.

No deaths occurred at Ratchaprasong.

Actually I thought it was me (and the other tax payers), not the PTP who paid compensation. If I am wrong, then that is good news, cause I really do not think I owe them anything but a jail cell.

It was PTP that paid them, using Thaksin's money. Didn't you know that? Where have you been? It's been on the local news every night for 2 years. whistling.gif

• Like 1

Ha ha ha, how the red brigage will bring the "but suthep is on murder charges" now?

Point of logic: just because you anticipate the argument of the other side does not mean that argument is wrong.

I have no problem with Yingluck facing murder charges, but she should not have to go to trial for four years after Suthep and Abhisit do :-) And maybe she can even delay it further but engineering disruptive protests in the capital on the pretext of fighting government corruption. BTW, I don't recall Yingluck declaring 'live fire zones' in Bangkok... I must have slept through that news day.

Ha ha ha, how the red brigage will bring the "but suthep is on murder charges" now?

Point of logic: just because you anticipate the argument of the other side does not mean that argument is wrong.

I have no problem with Yingluck facing murder charges, but she should not have to go to trial for four years after Suthep and Abhisit do :-) And maybe she can even delay it further but engineering disruptive protests in the capital on the pretext of fighting government corruption. BTW, I don't recall Yingluck declaring 'live fire zones' in Bangkok... I must have slept through that news day.

the charges will not stick to yingluck as well as to Abi and suthep. But pressure will be on and "Yingluck the butcher of innocent protesters " is bad for the image. Basically the dog the PTP created to scare the dems is now chasing the owner.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

dru2, on 04 Mar 2014 - 13:11, said:
bigbamboo, on 04 Mar 2014 - 12:49, said:

Hmm......... so we now have Abhisit, Yingluck and of course Thaksin all with murder charges hanging over them.

Who'd want to be a PM in Thailand?

The only real murderer is Thaksin... but does he have a charge of murder against him? He has so many cases pending that I can't recall.

I know you say he has so many cases pending that you can't recall, which is convenient if you want to just make a random accusation with nothing to back it up, but go on, have a guess and see if it is more than one.

• Like 1

what goes around comes around.

What exactly does that mean? Are you trying to equate a military assault and live fire zones ordered by Suthep and Abhisit that led to 99 deaths with some rogue, as yet unknown, apparently sporadic violence by who knows who? That's not even a nice try. It is so far out in left field that anybody wanting to pick your brain would need a microscope and tweezers, not to mention a lot of luck.

Very misleading headline, they've been accepted for a hearing, with regards to them going on trial, they're not on trial wink.png ....yet!!

I have a serious question: From which point onward would she be disqualified to be PM of a caretaker government?

Does it start with an official investigation, an indictment or after found guilty?

If it’s not done via International Court of Justice with the backing of United Nations the charges will come to nothing in Thailand just a lot of huffing and puffing more money wasted and no outcome end of story, Judges can be bought in Thailand so any verdict will never be recognised by any nation, the whole idea is just rot and rubbish.

Can anyone bring criminal charges in Thailand then? - I thought in most countries only the police/the state or an official body such as a prosecutors office, could do this and that individuals could only bring civil actions. just curious really.

Can anyone bring criminal charges in Thailand then? - I thought in most countries only the police/the state or an official body such as a prosecutors office, could do this and that individuals could only bring civil actions. just curious really.

By virtue of the court accepting criminal charges against YL, Chalerm & others by relatives of victims - the answer is yes.

Why don't they drop charges against Abhsit, Suthep, Yingluck & co because none of them are going to be convicted and everyone is just wasting the courts time.

Except the lawyers who're making good money as per usual!

Given the government pushing the same charges on Abhisit and Suthep, they can't really argue against this.

I think you are wrong, so Yingluck and Abhisit caused deaths by shutting up parts of Bangkok? The protesters made a lot of enemies by ruining peoples livelihood to try and get rid of an elected government. They tried to kill a taxi driver trying to earn his livelihood. It is assumed that it was the red shirts who killed the protesters and these poor children. If it was red shirts, then may they rot in hell. but we don't know.

May I make it plain that I am not a red shirt supporter, I do not support anyone, but I say Suthep and his cronies should be put in jail at the first opportunity.

• Like 1

it's all a circus

none of these nonsense charges, on either side, are helpful

So you say, now that your heroine has been charged. I don't remember you posting anything like this earlier with regard to Abhisit or Suthep?

I have never supported murder charges - nor violence by either side in any of my postings - never!

Thailand is becoming so OBSESSED by litigation

However Thailand does not have many of the basics like the Law of Precedent and Juries and so everyone makes it up as they go along

Why don't they drop charges against Abhsit, Suthep, Yingluck & co because none of them are going to be convicted and everyone is just wasting the courts time.

All is well for the ones that have not lost loved ones in these senseless protests and clashes. A better way than to acquit all of them is to send all of them to jail, I say!

Suthep and his cronies should definitely be going to jail. We all seen what they did.

This country is so sick. So much time is wasted with this kind of childish gameplay over the heads of all the Thai. You blame me then I blame you, then you blame me and I blame you. Grow up Thai get adult responsible politicians and leave this childish behaviour behind you. There are more important issues that need to be dealt with. Sad, sad, sad, something is very wrong in this country!!!

• Like 1

it's all a circus

none of these nonsense charges, on either side, are helpful

So you say, now that your heroine has been charged. I don't remember you posting anything like this earlier with regard to Abhisit or Suthep?

The difference is we all know where YL was; she was not in BKK and busy shopping or skyping with her master. She has a good alibai.

This country is so sick. So much time is wasted with this kind of childish gameplay over the heads of all the Thai. You blame me then I blame you, then you blame me and I blame you. Grow up Thai get adult responsible politicians and leave this childish behaviour behind you. There are more important issues that need to be dealt with. Sad, sad, sad, something is very wrong in this country!!!

If you don't blame Yingluck, who get to be blamed?

Protesters will into the bullets themselves?

Thailand's justice system continues to amaze me in a peculiar way. How can deaths that were not caused by an official misconduct be tied to the highest members of government? If so, the law requires that there must be a direct order given by the high ranking government officials, in order to prove a conspiracy theory. A mere witch hunt of such nature is welcome by the criminal court? That makes you wonder how much money did the criminal court receive as a bribe, in order to entertain such ideas of prosecuting high level government officials for something which cannot be directly linked to them. As always, the criminal justice system in Thailand has so many ways to bend rules and seeking favoritism in its course of actions. This is one of the finest example of it.