Getting rid of a growing wasp nest

WIT MYT

I've attached images of a wasp nest I found in my back garden last week and it's growing rather quickly. I would very much like the option of sitting outside under the umbrella they are currently making their new home.

Any home remedy suggestions or recommendations for (English-speaking) professionals to remove the nest will be greatly appreciated. Please note that I do not speak Thai or own a beekeeping suit.

post-198099-0-14030800-1393909205_thumb.

post-198099-0-85960400-1393909212_thumb.

• Like 1

In that I am both frugal and not the smartest guy on the block, you may want to take my advice with not more than a few grains of salt. That said, I have had luck blasting the nests with a water hose from a window that can be, if necessary, closed quickly. It seems that once you give the nest a good soaking and it falls to the ground, the wasps will look elsewhere for a home.

I think the better solution is to keep on eye out for very small nests that can be destroyed before they morph into the size of yours. I see them everywhere and even found a small nest growing on my scooter and it had only sat parked for a day or so.

Make a smoking torch like beekeepers I think the smoke calms them down. Then manually remove the nest and put it in front if someone's house you don't like. 2 birds, or bees in this situation!

Good luck, FYI I am not a professional.

Sent from my iPod touch using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The nest is made from paper which the wasps make, and as suggested, the thing will collapse with a good jet of water.

Good idea to do it from a door or window, as those little devils pack a sting!

The nest is made from paper which the wasps make, and as suggested, the thing will collapse with a good jet of water.

Good idea to do it from a door or window, as those little devils pack a sting!

Just go and buy a can of good insect spray ..start spraying from a safe distance at the nest and at the guard wasps who will be a bit agitated and work your way right up to the nest and blast it till no wasps are left alive.

Then dispose of it..very easy, safe as it can be..just be aware of the wasps around at all times

I've done this a few times..no stings, problem solved 100%

Don't use the water jet method..or 'take it for a swim"...you WILL get stung..guaranteed

A good quality insect spray is essential[ only 2-300 baht]..the wasps will die immediately on contact and save you a lot of pain....

Edited by andreandre
  • Like 1

Find a Thai local. Point at nest and say " mai Ow " show the man 200 Baht and go shopping for some beer to celebrate getting rid of the nest. When you return with the beer the nest should be long gone and simply hand over the 200 Baht to the waiting Somchai. biggrin.png

Job done thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Make a smoking torch like beekeepers I think the smoke calms them down. Then manually remove the nest and put it in front if someone's house you don't like. 2 birds, or bees in this situation!

I've used the smoke method on bees before...they left quickly.

In that bees and wasps are significantly different, I wonder how successful the smoke method is on wasps.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In that bees and wasps are significantly different, I wonder how successful the smoke method is on wasps.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Works on both, but differently....

Spray is the way!! smile.png

• Like 1

The best spray to use would be chaindrite ....in the orange and black cans.

The good thing about chaindrite is you attach a 6 in straw tube to the nozzle for getting into crevices.

so you can quickly puncture the nest and a 3 second blast will have them rolling out of bed.....dead!

• Like 2