Thai Immigration arrest two foreigners on the lam

webfact

FUGITIVES
Police arrest two foreigners on the lam

30228400-01_big.JPG

BANGKOK: -- Immigration police have separately arrested a Slovak and a Turk, both of whom were wanted by Interpol.

Immigration police commissioner Pol Maj Gen Panu Kerdlarbpon, said Jozef Polonec, 49, was arrested in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district on charges of raping his 14-year-old daughter in Slovakia between 2007 and 2010.

He has a court arrest warrant out on him and is on Interpol's red notice for the offence. He fled to Thailand in 2012. He would be charged of overstaying his visa first and deported later, Panu said.

Meanwhile police nabbed Turkish national Muhsin Iflazoglu, 40, who fled an arrest warrant issued by a Turkish Court and is on Interpol's red notice for the alleged extortion of about US$10,000 through his used car business.

He was earlier jailed for six years after shooting and injuring many people in his home country when a bar owner failed to repay debts of US$60,000. He fled to Thailand and was arrested while selling kebabs at Khao Sarn Road.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-04

• Like 2

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad boy,Bad boy, what ya gonna do when they come for you !

Do the Thai police get commissions for these and other arrests

as the seem to be getting quiet efficient in collaring wanted crims.

regards Worgeordie

I suppose that when the Police or Immigration Police also catch drug dealers and smugglers, they don't deserve some praise either?

Or when they catch Thais held captive on fishing boats for years either... come on man, the world doesn't revolve around Thaksin Shiniwatra, he will get his just rewards as and when Karma decides it.. no point in getting stressed about it till then, because my old man used to tell me "What's for you will not go by you" a mantra I've lived with for all of my life.

Sometimes Karma needs a little bit of help though ;)

• Like 2

Why Ask,

Bbecause this topic isn't about Thaksin!!! bit you typically turned it into one, many would consider that trolling..

Personally I think the man is a complete and utter tosser, and I don't believe I've ever defended his actions, so I'll refute your comments and put them down to the fact you've got a chip on your shoulder like a Canadian Redwood when it comes to anything that doesn't.

Here it is again just incase you didn't quite get it.. I have NO LOVE for THAKSIN, nor his actions ...

Nothing wrong with your post FH, except you will never see a redwood tree in Canada.

Most definitely California though (Sequoia). Perhaps a western red cedar chip eh?

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif yeah I was meaning the big massive ones, and was reading something about Canada ( yeah yeah poor excuse :P)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Bad boy,Bad boy, what ya gonna do when they come for you !

Do the Thai police get commissions for these and other arrests

as the seem to be getting quiet efficient in collaring wanted crims.

regards Worgeordie

I don't believe that they receive commission as such, Interpol is not set up like the Feebees. However I am sure that it all helps to improve the reputation of the RTP in general which would encourage other police agencies to work with them and to share information and technological advances which might not currently be in their budget.

• Like 1

Yes the high quality of Tourist/expats that come to Thailand, on the run from the law. Thank you BIB for arresting them and taking them off of the streets of Thailand!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman
  • Like 1

Why Ask,

Bbecause this topic isn't about Thaksin!!! bit you typically turned it into one, many would consider that trolling..

Personally I think the man is a complete and utter tosser, and I don't believe I've ever defended his actions, so I'll refute your comments and put them down to the fact you've got a chip on your shoulder like a Canadian Redwood when it comes to anything that doesn't.

Here it is again just incase you didn't quite get it.. I have NO LOVE for THAKSIN, nor his actions ...

Nothing wrong with your post FH, except you will never see a redwood tree in Canada.

Most definitely California though (Sequoia). Perhaps a western red cedar chip eh?

Sorry, but facts say otherwise. From Wiki Data: "Giant sequoia (Sequoiadendron giganteum), possibly the largest tree species in the world, are to be found in several locations around Victoria, BC."

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If both of these were on the Interpol wanted list, "how" did they manage to get into Thailand in the first place? Shouldn't they have been stopped at the airport/border crossing?

Maybe they didn't arrive by airport or border crossing. Maybe they weren't put on the interpol list until after they arrived. May also be other reasons. If you want to know how they got in, I suggest you ask them, because no-one here knows.

• Like 1

If both of these were on the Interpol wanted list, "how" did they manage to get into Thailand in the first place? Shouldn't they have been stopped at the airport/border crossing?

Maybe they didn't arrive by airport or border crossing. Maybe they weren't put on the interpol list until after they arrived. May also be other reasons. If you want to know how they got in, I suggest you ask them, because no-one here knows.
It's unlikely Thai immigration's computers are linked to Interpol, but if they have access to immigration's database, a simple cross reference will bring up the perps who have entered Thailand. Then it's just a matter of inserting a flag into the Thai database and they'll be caught in Thailand or exiting.

Two men wanted by Interpol nabbed
The Nation

30228400-01_big.JPG

Immigration Police arrested a Slovak and a Turkish national, both wanted by Interpol.

BANGKOK: -- Immigration Police commissioner Pol Maj-General Panu Kerdlarbpon said Jozef Polonec, 49, was arrested in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district. He is wanted on charges of raping his 14-year-old daughter in Slovakia between 2007 and 2010. An arrest warrant is out for the man and he is on Interpol's red notice. Polonec fled to Thailand in 2012. He will first be charged of overstaying his visa and deported later, Panu said.

Police also nabbed Muhsin Iflazoglu, 40, who is fleeing an arrest warrant in Turkey and is on Interpol's red notice for the alleged extortion of about US$10,000 (Bt325,000) through his used-car business. He previously served a six-year sentence for shooting and injuring many people in his home country when a bar owner failed to repay a debt of $60,000. Muhsin fled to Thailand and has been selling kebabs on Khao San Road in Bangkok.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-05

The sums of money involved in these two's crimes are small beer. It is time the Thai government got foreign immigration services to arrest Thai criminals abroad whose crimes make these two look like small change.

And you belive raping his 14 year old daughter is small change!!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by larsjohnsson