Thai Immigration arrest two foreigners on the lam

webfact

Even if both run on other poeples passports, how did the guys get into the country with all the biometric scans at the immigration check at the airports?

Unless the warrants were issued after arrival, I wonder how they got here. With an interpol warrant on your back (and in the computer system), you would not get through immigration at airports in Amsterdam, London, Frankfurt or New York.

Are TV posters that nieave to think you only have a few legal ways to get into country? I had afriend who went to Burma got drunk and couldn't find passport so paid canoe person to ride him down river back to Thailand under palm fronds. Plus how do ypou think drug smugglers get stuff into Thailand? Ever done a visa run? How hard would it be if you knew the area or had GPS location equipment with you to get off before border crossing and walk thru jungle to other country? Illegals cross frozen Canadian lakes, cross Rio grande river and walk acrosss desert to enter USA, even rafts or boats landing on a beach, wake up, wise up.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are Farangs who aren't part of the rich white man's club here in Thailand, or they did something to get kicked out of the safety zone and into the (Un)wanted zone. Immigration did their little puppet part as usual, I don't think there are only two criminals in the entirety of the photo.

Edited by me313
  • Like 2

If both of these were on the Interpol wanted list, "how" did they manage to get into Thailand in the first place? Shouldn't they have been stopped at the airport/border crossing?

I assume it takes bit of time to Interpol get involved...

Maybe Thai immigration should hire psychics ... Daah!

Why is it that so many posters don't read (or maybe understand) the Op?

Neither of the two have been convicted - they are charged.

Now I have no time for pedophiles or rapists but I've always felt that those charged with a crime deserve their day in court.

Yes they should be deported. Who pays their air fares?

Raping your daughter is vile, evil and disgusting. Hang him high.

However, the other nob was grabbed by the fine, honest and upstanding Thai police for a mere paltry (by Thai standards) $10,000 grab. This is small fry in the land of snarls and committed on a daily basis by the Thais themselves against foreigners. As a foreigner you will get no help at all from any Thai institution, who are meant to be there to help and do their duty.

It just shows me yet again the utter bias and utter dislike they have for us. Go to great lenghts (it is extremely expensive, time consuming and difficult to get an international arrest warrent) to nab a foreigner for $10k while you turn your backs to rape, murder, viscious assaults, massive fraud, etc on foreigners in Thailand.

Edited by harleyclarkey

Two men wanted by Interpol nabbed

The Nation

30228400-01_big.JPG

Immigration Police arrested a Slovak and a Turkish national, both wanted by Interpol.

BANGKOK: -- Immigration Police commissioner Pol Maj-General Panu Kerdlarbpon said Jozef Polonec, 49, was arrested in Chon Buri's Bang Lamung district. He is wanted on charges of raping his 14-year-old daughter in Slovakia between 2007 and 2010. An arrest warrant is out for the man and he is on Interpol's red notice. Polonec fled to Thailand in 2012. He will first be charged of overstaying his visa and deported later, Panu said.

Police also nabbed Muhsin Iflazoglu, 40, who is fleeing an arrest warrant in Turkey and is on Interpol's red notice for the alleged extortion of about US$10,000 (Bt325,000) through his used-car business. He previously served a six-year sentence for shooting and injuring many people in his home country when a bar owner failed to repay a debt of $60,000. Muhsin fled to Thailand and has been selling kebabs on Khao San Road in Bangkok.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-03-05

i assume the big dude is the kebab guy? wonder why he puffed up his chest for the photograph?

deported for a mass shooting is not much to be proud of IMO

would have thought hed put his head down and try to hide his face

Why is it that so many posters don't read (or maybe understand) the Op?

Neither of the two have been convicted - they are charged.

Now I have no time for pedophiles or rapists but I've always felt that those charged with a crime deserve their day in court.

Yes they should be deported. Who pays their air fares?

if they have no money ,they will be held first in the IDC until their overstay charges are sorted in court by a thai judge

( i hear it takes not less than 3 months )

then its up to their respective countries taxpayer / policeforce to fly them back for trial

its also at a pilots discretion whether they can take a commercial flight or not as most passeneger jet pilots wont carry prisoners for fear

of an air incident so they may end up on a cargo plane or even a hired plane if their case is big enough to warrant it

then they get a free lawyer and need to be fed and kept at a large cost for the duration of their trial and incarceration

its a very expensive process to get these guys back which is why so many can probably avoid justice for so long by flying to the other

side of the world

I think someone ought to come up with a TV equivalent of Godwin's Law ("As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches 1").

"As a TV discussion grows longer at all, the probability of a comparison involving Thaksin rapidly approaches 1"

Brilliant!

However, the other nob was grabbed by the fine, honest and upstanding Thai police for a mere paltry (by Thai standards) $10,000 grab. This is small fry in the land of snarls and committed on a daily basis by the Thais themselves against foreigners. As a foreigner you will get no help at all from any Thai institution, who are meant to be there to help and do their duty.

It just shows me yet again the utter bias and utter dislike they have for us. Go to great lenghts (it is extremely expensive, time consuming and difficult to get an international arrest warrent) to nab a foreigner for $10k while you turn your backs to rape, murder, viscious assaults, massive fraud, etc on foreigners in Thailand.

You didn't read to the part with the mass shooting?

You didn't read to the part with the mass shooting?

Missed that!

But didn't miss the murders, unsolved and if solved quietly disposed of, of foreighners by Thai police...usually drunk.

Nor the all too many manslaughters of foreigners by negligent hotel and guest house owners...etc....etc....etc.

"Arrested while selling kebabs on Khao San Road"... Leave me out Arthur Daley!

This after a Russian national gets let off with a 3000baht fine for begging in Phuket while playing dumb...you couldn't dream this!cheesy.gif just gets better by the day!clap2.gif

Edited by sydneyjed

These two criminals must have forgotten to bribe the police or maybe they didn't bribe enough, so they were arrested after they had each spent two years in the country under the direct knowledge and protection of the police. The lessons learned here is....when you run dry of money, the police is no longer your best friend and protector.

These two criminals must have forgotten to bribe the police or maybe they didn't bribe enough, so they were arrested after they had each spent two years in the country under the direct knowledge and protection of the police. The lessons learned here is....when you run dry of money, the police is no longer your best friend and protector.

if hes selling kebabs on khao san rd hes making 50 or 60 thb every couple of minutes which would add up fairly quick

somehow im guessing theres more to this story about why he was busted or even allowed to sell kebabs since 2010 until

now

khao san rd is one of the most active police stations in the country ,im sure it wouldnt take them 4 years to figure out hes not

thai and doesnt have a work permit if hes standing in plain view selling kebabs

If both of these were on the Interpol wanted list, "how" did they manage to get into Thailand in the first place? Shouldn't they have been stopped at the airport/border crossing?

Perhaps, consider this, they didn't get on the Interpol wanted list until after they fled.

The sums of money involved in these two's crimes are small beer. It is time the Thai government got foreign immigration services to arrest Thai criminals abroad whose crimes make these two look like small change.

You mean .... Thai criminals such as Thaksin Shinawatra ..?

Only 699 posts and you know all about Thaksin..............amazing !

It is curious the way most poster's comments revolve around moral premises, pats on the back for doing "the good" or negative comments about "the bad" or lack of ability, shall we say. My first point is: when you do your job, do you expect praise every time you get it right? I think not. And secondly, policing has nothing to do with morality good or bad, it is, like all work, a transaction of services or goods, for money. Of course the monopoly on the use of force and the power and status it provides are a juicy carrot. Praise for the "good" is a widely held social fantasy. Feel me?

Edited by toooa

And secondly, policing has nothing to do with morality good or bad, it is, like all work, a transaction of services or goods, for money. Of course the monopoly on the use of force and the power and status it provides are a juicy carrot.

Morality; (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") normatively to refer to a code of conduct that, given specified conditions, would be put forward by all rational persons.

What are you saying? That policing is a mere trasaction for money? Police lose all morality when they accept bribes...that is what police accept when money changes hands, a bribe.

Policing is ALL about morality. I feel you have been too long here where the total absense of morality from the Thai thugs in brown is very obvious.

What I'm saying is that the police do not do their job from the standpoint of trying to do "good" like we are commonly led to believe. They do it because they get paid. I'm not commenting on their personal morality, only on the fact that their primary motivation is money. Accepting a bribe and being paid are only different in their outcome, ie: upholding or undermining the law. What I'm saying is that in either case, which are seemingly polar opposite outcomes, they get paid, and seeing as the primary motivation is money regardless of outcome, we can say that they have no consistent morality. Like most of society really.

Policing is upholding the law, which is neither moral nor rational, so maybe we can clarify by saying that policing is the exercise of the monopoly of force, to enforce adherence to a subjective code of behaviour, disguised in the cloak of false morality.

If policing was all about morality, you would expect to see some morality, but you don't, hence my argument that it's not about morality at all, rather the exercise of power for benefits, both intrinsic and extrinsic. Consistent morality is a very rare gem indeed.

And secondly, policing has nothing to do with morality good or bad, it is, like all work, a transaction of services or goods, for money. Of course the monopoly on the use of force and the power and status it provides are a juicy carrot.

Morality; (from the Latin moralitas "manner, character, proper behavior") normatively to refer to a code of conduct that, given specified conditions, would be put forward by all rational persons.

What are you saying? That policing is a mere trasaction for money? Police lose all morality when they accept bribes...that is what police accept when money changes hands, a bribe.

Policing is ALL about morality. I feel you have been too long here where the total absense of morality from the Thai thugs in brown is very obvious.