Round-up

I will be trying to plant grass in my yard. It is now nothing but clay and weeds. I want to kill the multiple weeds and mongrel grass that currently grows in order to have a fairly uniform cover of grass. Is Round-up good for this or is there a ceaper herbicide that works as well?

Also the name of a slow growing grass seed, full sun most of the day except in the shade of the house, would be helpful.

Roundup, probably available as Glyphosat here, will do it and isn't expensive. Grass won't grow too well on clay if you don't want to improve your soil by adding river sand or gypsum.

Grass seeds? Difficult to find, most people lay sods I believe.

However if you are worried about costs, don't imagine that you can just sow a lawn and forget about it, it needs fertilising, watering and trimming, slow growing or not.

• Like 1

Roundup, probably available as Glyphosat here, will do it and isn't expensive. Grass won't grow too well on clay if you don't want to improve your soil by adding river sand or gypsum.

Grass seeds? Difficult to find, most people lay sods I believe.

However if you are worried about costs, don't imagine that you can just sow a lawn and forget about it, it needs fertilising, watering and trimming, slow growing or not.

Done the lawn thing before. Planning on using a healthy layer of the local shicken chit/dirt then seed it. Nothing grows well on clay. Hard to tell a Thai that but............

The cutting is all I planned to curb.

I am in BFE Isan. I suspect findin sod would be difficult and getting the job done well would be nearly impossible.

Edited by Gonsalviz