Is a Blacklist forwever?

He pays himself. If he can't, they lock him up till he has a ticket out.

But most likely in this situation is that the person would be taken in for questioning. At that moment he can show court papers that he was cleared and that should be the end of it after they have verified that. If not he can appeal him being denied entry and the minister will have to make a decison within 7 days.

As it really is a decision taken on that high a level, chances are there is no decison within 7 days. That means they have to let you enter.

That sounds like the best and cheapest option.

Other country, but true story:

I was employed in UAE that time had to go on business to Hongkong. There I was invited to the factory in China, so I applied for Chinese Visa. In these pre-olympic days it took them 5 days for getting the Visa.

So I decided to let my phillipine gf come over, bought her a online ticket to Hongkong and we both went together after my trip to China on a vacation to Thailand, so she had a ticket also to get from HKG to BKK.

She was denied to enter HKG for no reason, the problem was that the immi-officer had no local cellphone number of me (I only had a UAE SIM, roaming) and I was waiting in the hall for 4 hours without information. Calling the immigration did not give any results. After midnight I got the information from the airline that she is in jail and I am invited to pay her return flight for full fare cost (18.000PP), which I denied.

Next day morning I got my Visa and called immigration officers 100 times even travelling laready in China. Finally the head officer agreed that they made a mistake on my gf, but they already crossed the HKG stamp (which means that she is denied to enter). But they let her in a Transit Hotel room (guarded, I had to pay) and gave her food and retuned her cellphone.

When I went to the gate to board my flight to Bangkok they handed me my gf over (she was crying as you might imagine) along with all documents.

End of the story: We could not enter Thailand as of the crossed HKG-stamp, had to spend a night in BKK airport Hotel (guarded again), my friends who came to pick us up to go to Koh Chang had to return without us and her an me had to go back to Manila. There we declared her passport stolen or lost and she had to wait another month until she could get a new one.

Next trip to HKG she was questioned again at HKG immigration, but I was with her and she could enter without any further problem.

Once your denied, your entry in antoher country is difficult and even a new passport alone wont help. Better clear everything before travelling.

• Like 1

This being Thailand and 30 years ago, i am almost certain no records any longer exists or kept.

Also being with new passport, i am sure there is nothing to worry about.

Worst case scenario, he gets turned away at the airport and flies back, but again i seriously doubt it.

Do not think Thailand had computers 30 years and seriously doubt they kept the data from such a long time ago

If border stopped & denied entry does not help when travelling to other countries to have such a stamp in your passport. A long time ago happened to me, not Thailand, and became such a hassle had to get a new passort

There's many countries in the region who would be quite happy to have him if he was turned away. Do you think immigration officers at busy airports have time to thoroughly inspect passports upon entry. Do you think they could read a Thai stamp in passport and understand it's significance? I doubt it.

He may find a better home.

I would assume that any entry denial would be captured electronically. In the past years there have were two projects announced in the public domain for integrating ASEAN/APAC border control for security, alerts etc. Do not know the current status/progress for golive.

ERDIT: There was a lengthy topic on an NZ passport holder who was denied entry, returned to his last port of exit, Australia & again denied entry due to the denial of entry to Thailand and had to return to NZ. I believe he eventually entered Cambodia.

In OP's case in was 30 years ago. "electronically" did not exist in a country which back then WAS most certainly a 3rd world country

As it was 30 years ago it will not be in his current passport. Thai immigration did not use computers 30 years ago so it would not have been entered onto a database then.

However, we do not know if the manual records have been entered onto the current immigration computer system.

By far the best option for him is to ask the Thai embassy nearest to him for clarification.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

whoisyourdaddy, on 06 Mar 2014 - 11:47, said:
simple1, on 06 Mar 2014 - 08:08, said:
tropo, on 06 Mar 2014 - 07:02, said:

There's many countries in the region who would be quite happy to have him if he was turned away. Do you think immigration officers at busy airports have time to thoroughly inspect passports upon entry. Do you think they could read a Thai stamp in passport and understand it's significance? I doubt it.

I would assume that any entry denial would be captured electronically. In the past years there have were two projects announced in the public domain for integrating ASEAN/APAC border control for security, alerts etc. Do not know the current status/progress for golive.

ERDIT: There was a lengthy topic on an NZ passport holder who was denied entry, returned to his last port of exit, Australia & again denied entry due to the denial of entry to Thailand and had to return to NZ. I believe he eventually entered Cambodia.

In OP's case in was 30 years ago. "electronically" did not exist in a country which back then WAS most certainly a 3rd world country

But how many databases has the hard copy information been entered into during then and now?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

whoisyourdaddy, on 06 Mar 2014 - 11:47, said:
simple1, on 06 Mar 2014 - 08:08, said:
tropo, on 06 Mar 2014 - 07:02, said:

But how many databases has the hard copy information been entered into during then and now?

after 30 years and new passport, i am 99% sure those records are really lost

Was the offence he committed in Thailand??.What is his nationality??. How long since he has how in Thailand??

Offense in Thailand.. Last in Thailand about 30 years ago. Nationality New Zealand. Keep in mind that both the Appeal Court and the Supreme Count found him not guilty, It was only on departure at the airport that Immigration put stamp in passport. That passport has long expired but who knows what is in the computer.

Gotta say that Thailand didn't have much in the way of a computer system 30 years ago.

I would venture a guess there wouldn't be much of anything on the record, and doubt if

they could even locate said record. Good Luck

I am 100% certain that a 30 year old incident of a guy that was aquited taking into consideration

that much of the entry and records work back then was all written or used really shitty computers.

I wouldn't even worry about it.

I can give you some insider info though:

When you have a new passport number many of the SE Asian nations can't pull up the

old entry records from a different passport even though the name is the same, they may ask you

if you have been here before.

Customs of different countries are not linked, YET!

They have no 30 year old entry history on this guy ready at the counter, guaranteed!

Edited by Mario2008
font size

I was employed in UAE that time had to go on business to Hongkong. There I was invited to the factory in China, so I applied for Chinese Visa. In these pre-olympic days it took them 5 days for getting the Visa.

So I decided to let my phillipine gf come over, bought her a online ticket to Hongkong and we both went together after my trip to China on a vacation to Thailand, so she had a ticket also to get from HKG to BKK.

She was denied to enter HKG for no reason, the problem was that the immi-officer had no local cellphone number of me (I only had a UAE SIM, roaming) and I was waiting in the hall for 4 hours without information. Calling the immigration did not give any results. After midnight I got the information from the airline that she is in jail and I am invited to pay her return flight for full fare cost (18.000PP), which I denied.

Next day morning I got my Visa and called immigration officers 100 times even travelling laready in China. Finally the head officer agreed that they made a mistake on my gf, but they already crossed the HKG stamp (which means that she is denied to enter). But they let her in a Transit Hotel room (guarded, I had to pay) and gave her food and retuned her cellphone.

When I went to the gate to board my flight to Bangkok they handed me my gf over (she was crying as you might imagine) along with all documents.

End of the story: We could not enter Thailand as of the crossed HKG-stamp, had to spend a night in BKK airport Hotel (guarded again), my friends who came to pick us up to go to Koh Chang had to return without us and her an me had to go back to Manila. There we declared her passport stolen or lost and she had to wait another month until she could get a new one.

Next trip to HKG she was questioned again at HKG immigration, but I was with her and she could enter without any further problem.

Once your denied, your entry in antoher country is difficult and even a new passport alone wont help. Better clear everything before travelling.

Neat storey, and completely unrelated to what this guy is asking. Also you don't sound like you are very good at researching the right information to make sure the incident you described above doesn't happen. Way to go slugger!

Just fly to an adjacent country (then on to Thailand on an hours flight or so) - if he gets rejected entry he can just go back there and have a holiday. Not a complete waste.

You are offering potentially bad advice.

A refusal of entry would show in a passport and there would be absolutely no guarantee of such a passport holder being allowed entry to any country other than their own.

You are not reading the situation correctly, it was 30 years ago, there are no questions on the arrival card about any offenses or arrests, there is no record of this I am 100% sure, just go, you'll see.

If border stopped & denied entry does not help when travelling to other countries to have such a stamp in your passport. A long time ago happened to me, not Thailand, and became such a hassle had to get a new passort

Was responding to previous post by Tropo, in reference to today's environment, if for any reason denied entry

Edited by simple1

I found the following info regarding the "Blacklist" from this forum. I am not sure how old it is, but because this is Thailand, I doubt any thing has changed for the better. Sorry for the length, but it has important information for all. Here it goes:

Thai Immigration Blacklist PERSONS NOT WANTED IN THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND Persona Non Grata

1. Those having no genuine and valid passport or document that can be used in lieu of a passport; or those having a genuine and valid passport or document for use in lieu of a passport without a visa issued by Royal Thai Embassies or consulates in foreign countries or by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Exceptions are aliens for whom no visa is required in certain special instances.

2. Those who have no appropriate means of earning a living once they have entered the Kingdom.

3. Those who, having entered the Kingdom to take up employment as laborers or practice other forms of manual work that require no special skill or training, or who violate the Alien Employment Act.

4. Those who are mentally unstable or who suffer from any of the diseases proscribed in the Ministerial Regulations. ©

5. Those who have not been vaccinated against smallpox or inoculated or undergone any other medical treatment for protection against contagious diseases, and have refused to have such vaccinations administered by the Immigration Bureau doctor.

6. Those who have been imprisoned by the judgment of a Thai court or by a lawful injunction, or by the judgment of the court of a foreign country, except when the penalty is for a petty offence or negligence or is specifically cited as an exception in the Ministerial Regulations.

7. Those who have exhibited behavior which would indicate possible danger to the public or the likelihood of their being a public nuisance, a threat to the peace or safety of the public, or the security of the public or the nation, including those under warrant of arrest by competent officials of foreign governments.

8. Those for whom there is reason to believe that entrance into the Kingdom is for the purpose of being involved in prostitution, the trading of women or children, drug smuggling or other activities that are contrary to public morality.

9. Those having no money or bond as prescribed by the Minister under Section 14. (d)

10. Those categorized as persona non grata by the Minister under Section 16. (e)

11. Those who have been deported by either the Government of Thailand or that of another foreign country; those who have been sent out of the Kingdom by competent officials at the expense of the Government of Thailand unless the Minister makes an exemption on an individual, special-case basis.

c Leprosy, infectious tuberculosis, chronic elephantiasis, drug addiction, tertiary syphilis. d Reference: announcement of the Ministry of Interior, dated 8 May B.E. 2543 (A.D.2000).

(1) At least of 10,000 baht for a holder of a transit visa or "visa not required" category and visa on arrival (at least of 20,000 baht for a family).

(2) At least of 20,000 baht for a holder of a tourist visa or non-immigrant visa (at least of 40,000 baht for a family).

In instances where, for reasons of national welfare or the safeguarding of the public peace, culture, morality or welfare, or when the Minister considers it improper to allow any foreigner or group of foreigners to enter the Kingdom, the Minister shall have the power to exclude the said foreigner or group of foreigners from entering the Kingdom.

IMMIGRATION BLACKLIST – PERSONA NON GRATA

In cases of persons prohibited by the Ministry under Section 16 (foreigners who have been imprisoned for criminal offences involving work in professions or occupations that are prohibited by law, with exception made for minor offences, or offences committed through negligence), the Immigration Bureau will submit their names and histories to the Minister of Interior for a decision concerning the possible prohibition of the person or persons concerned from entering the Kingdom.

No time limitations apply in cases of persona non grata status, so that in cases where a person who is prohibited from entering the kingdom has died, his or her children may encounter problems upon attempting to enter the country, should they share a common name. In such cases, the full name and date of birth of the applicant must be checked.

Neat storey, and completely unrelated to what this guy is asking. Also you don't sound like you are very good at researching the right information to make sure the incident you described above doesn't happen. Way to go slugger!

4 posts and sniping at good info already, Congrats.

Surely if he applied for a visa to enter Thailand in his home country then any blacklist would be highlighted and a visa refused ?

Could be worse. The Thai Consulate in NZ may present him with a visa, he travels to Thailand and is refused entry and he's wasted his time and money. Visas do not guarantee entry.

Best idea is to sort it out with a competent lawyer and have the data base cleared - however that can be done.

Yes it's up to Immigrations to decide who can enter and stay in Thailand, not the embassies or consulates. Generally Immigrations accepts the recommendation of the embassies, but they are not obliged to do so.

Can't recall if a visa application asks about criminal past. Could trip himself up however he answers that.

No. Nothing is forever. Get a lawyer to pay the proper money and all goes away as "if by magic".

I doubt something that happened 30 years ago will be in the computers and paying a lawyer to bribe someone to make it magically go away is typical Thai Visa nonsense from watching too many cop shows on television. If the lawyer did anything, which is doubtful, it would just stir up something better left in peace.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Thai Immigration Blacklist PERSONS NOT WANTED IN THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND Persona Non Grata

1. Those having no genuine and valid passport or document that can be used in lieu of a passport; or those having a genuine and valid passport or document for use in lieu of a passport without a visa issued by Royal Thai Embassies or consulates in foreign countries or by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Exceptions are aliens for whom no visa is required in certain special instances.

2. Those who have no appropriate means of earning a living once they have entered the Kingdom.

3. Those who, having entered the Kingdom to take up employment as laborers or practice other forms of manual work that require no special skill or training, or who violate the Alien Employment Act.

4. Those who are mentally unstable or who suffer from any of the diseases proscribed in the Ministerial Regulations. ©

5. Those who have not been vaccinated against smallpox or inoculated or undergone any other medical treatment for protection against contagious diseases, and have refused to have such vaccinations administered by the Immigration Bureau doctor.

Is this a joke? Shows how relevent and modern the Thai immigration is. Most people who enter thailand have not been vaccinated against smallpox, because it doesn't exist anymore. in fact US stopped vaccination in 1972....so proving Thailand is around half a century behind the modern world.

• Like 1

If he still has the verdict of the supreme court on paper, I would take that with him and take the risk. If immigration wants to send him back, he can show his court papers.

Verdicts of the supreme court can also be found online.

You can find the database here:

http://www.deka2007..../web/search.jsp

It has all information until 2463.

Edited by kriswillems

Is this a joke? Shows how relevent and modern the Thai immigration is. Most people who enter thailand have not been vaccinated against smallpox, because it doesn't exist anymore. in fact US stopped vaccination in 1972....so proving Thailand is around half a century behind the modern world.

Yellow Fever exists and that paragraph whilst "outdated" in respect of "smallpox" remains relevant.