How to test house electrical

Mike45

Sorry Mike, misread your post, most aircons will be fine on 4mm2 (or even 2.5mm2) so if it's that or larger no worries.

It looks like 4mm. So I guess its OK

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-33663-13967927465647_thumb.jpg

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I can see from the photo is a green cable (ground?) 3 red cables (Live - single core?) and a white cable (Neutral - single core?). So, that's going to more than just the A/C, yah? It doesn't look 'normal' so you might just check what is it those wires are going to? (I think you said still ruffing in.)

i love all this technical talks but what i experienced in my first 2 houses was that more then 1 group is lead through the same pipe and that the colors on the wires are there to switch them.

last house have the electric system as in Germany. Every room a central box in the ceiling and all wires are there connected...then 1 pipe direct from there to the Siemens board with 1 automatic fuse for every room.

Living room and master bed room each 2 groups

All switching material from siemens

wires, in correct colors buy here local

Blue for 0, brown for phase and green/yellow earth all 2.5 mm2

Black for switch wires 1.5 mm2

forget to say... every airco 6 mm2 + 2.5 mm2 grounding with own breaker

Edited by SjaakNL2013

What I can see from the photo is a green cable (ground?) 3 red cables (Live - single core?) and a white cable (Neutral - single core?). So, that's going to more than just the A/C, yah? It doesn't look 'normal' so you might just check what is it those wires are going to? (I think you said still ruffing in.)

Sorry for the confusion. I couldn't perch myself on the bucket and take a photo at the same time so I took a photo at the CU of wires of the same size.

The AC has three wires, white, red, green

Sent from my HUAWEI MT1-U06 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What's an automatic fuse ?

Guessing he's referring to a circuit breaker. MCB

Assume so, but does Germany have one shared circuit per room for lights and sockets ?

yes 1 circuit breaker > 1 group > 1 room with 1 to the room beside. Big advance is that all is easy to follow in case of problems. The 1 room beside make that is 1 group fall off in the room is still a point for light

See the attached schedule... sorry is in dutch :D

post-188855-0-34682600-1396847812_thumb.