Best Israeli Restaurant

beb

I don't know about best, but the Chabad House is pretty good and the falafel and pita sandwich is the cheapest that I know of in town. 189/15 Chang-Clan Road (Near Night Bazaar, Between Shangri-la to the Empress Hotel).

There us also Sababa on the same street, closer to the Night Bazzar on the same side of the street Their pita can be really good. An Israeli guy told me that it is better than most places back home.

The Olive Tree on Moonmuang, next to Pharma Mart, is very good. A nice dining experience with a good variety of dishes.

Sababa, which is more or less diagonally opposite Pantip Plaza, is good too but I not on the same level.

Chabad House I must try.

The one not diagonal (Sababa) as it's very expensive but lots of free b.s. and cig smoke but the one directly across the street now that they have figured out the service part, at least for the last time I was there. They have a special of falafel and shake for a very good price ( don't recall exactly and don't want to misquote). If your bored order the falafel sandwich of the menu at Olive Garden and enjoy getting yelled at by the owner that "no restaurant in the world served falafel sandwiches" and how could you expect the owner to serve you one!!!

The one not diagonal (Sababa) as it's very expensive but lots of free b.s. and cig smoke but the one directly across the street now that they have figured out the service part, at least for the last time I was there. They have a special of falafel and shake for a very good price ( don't recall exactly and don't want to misquote). If your bored order the falafel sandwich of the menu at Olive Garden and enjoy getting yelled at by the owner that "no restaurant in the world served falafel sandwiches" and how could you expect the owner to serve you one!!!

It's called something like BTC.

The felafel sandwich from their menu is/was 89 baht and is great value. It's a full pitta stuffed with salad, felafel and tehina/hummus.

Service was always crap when I went there. I often needed to go to the counter to place my order and then return after eating to pay. I can live with that though.

• Like 1

i enjoy the food at the Olive Garden however i find the attitude of the Lady owner, rather poor.

​Jerusalem Falafel was good as the Gent seemed to run the operation more and his 'Wife' stayed in the kitchen.

So many Bar & Restaurant owners have told me that Staff and staff retention is their biggest problem.

The Olive Garden seems to be quite exceptional in it's staff turnover.

john

• Like 1

Went to Babylonian, unimpressed by the food and even more so by the total lack of care for anything by the waiters except for his cell phone. I wouldn't have known what I was eating if I didn't make the waiter actually speak and tell me it was what I ordered.

On a side note tried the new Indian place today, Curry in Hurry, where The Moat was and before that Falafel King and it was good (just so none thinks I'm just a hater). Same owner as Silver Eagle Indian Restaurant in the Night Market and the owner told me same menu and prices but oddly that I'd like his other place better as the Chef was Indian not Indian and Paki like the one I was in. I'm not expert or particularly fond of Indian cuisine so just a pedestrians opinion.

• Like 1