Satish Sehgal faces deportation now

webfact

Satish Sehgal faces deportation now

2-12-2014-8-26-03-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Caretaker Interior Minister Charupong Ruangsuwan has signed approval to deport Indian businessman Satish Sehgal as proposed by the Center for Maintaining Peace and Order (CMPO) director Chalerm Yoobamrung.

The Indian Embassy has informed Satish Sehgal of the deportation after it was notified by the Interior Ministry that the minister has signed the order to revoke Satish’s residence permit in Thailand.

Immigration police will now be assigned to implement deportation process immediately.

Satish is now reported to petition His Majesty the King at the Bureau of the Royal Household at 9.00 a.m. Thursday.

The Indian-born businessman who has an Indian citizenship despite the fact that he has been living in Thailand for almost his entire life is facing deportation for his role in the anti-government protests.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/satish-sehgal-faces-deportation-now/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-06

• Like 1

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This move confirms that the ruling establishment in exile have no personal business interests in India. Shame Mr.Sehgal doesn't hold a Ugandan passport, I'd like to see the amart rouge try and deport him then.

• Like 2

The Thai Rouge want everything for themselves. This is totally ridiculous, as Chalerm's CMPO brings the charge, and one of his party gimps signs off on it.

As someone has already mentioned, I still doubt he wil be going anywhere.

There appears to be conflicting information as to when this chap appeared on these shores, ranging from in his late 20's to under the age of 10. As ever here accurate information and verified facts are thin on the ground.

Edited by Briggsy

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

This man should have known and respected the laws of Thailand like Chalerm, Suthep and Yingluck, etc.

Rather cutting remarks RKidLad,, you left out the dear leader Thaskin

• Like 2

If necessary, I hope he has a great holiday in India. I'm sure the next government will welcome him back with open arms as they will need all the taxpayers they can get to fill PTP's financial black hole.

With a bit of luck he will be able to visit Chalerm and Yingluk in prison, and enjoy a quiet cup of schadenfreude.

How do you know he's been paying his taxes?

• Like 2

Is he the publisher of Look East magazine? A glossy magazine aimed at tourists...a lot of it appears to be reviews and recommendations by 'celebrities' endorsing restaurants, products, shops...owned by other 'celebrities'.Indus restaurant seems to be well covered.. I guess tourists wouldn't know that.

Edited by Prbkk

Thailand is recalcitrant when it comes to foreigners putting their opinions, giving advise, trying to help the country , except how to spend your money, it all revolves around when it suits them, however there are rules , to become carried away in a Thai political protest group, is both ill advised and dangerous, unless you are invited by the ruling Shinawatra's.bah.gif

• Like 1

noitom, on 06 Mar 2014 - 07:20, said:

Going after one Indian Thai taxpayer demonstrates how vindictive and subjective Thai law and its people are.

Are you putting forward that argument because he is an Indian citizen who broke the law or because he is associated with the PDRC.

• Like 1

If necessary, I hope he has a great holiday in India. I'm sure the next government will welcome him back with open arms as they will need all the taxpayers they can get to fill PTP's financial black hole.

With a bit of luck he will be able to visit Chalerm and Yingluk in prison, and enjoy a quiet cup of schadenfreude.

How do you know he's been paying his taxes?

Unless you live a very humble lifestyle, everybody resident in Thailand pays VAT.

• Like 1

chainarong, on 06 Mar 2014 - 08:02, said:

Thailand is recalcitrant when it comes to foreigners putting their opinions, giving advise, trying to help the country , except how to spend your money, it all revolves around when it suits them, however there are rules , to become carried away in a Thai political protest group, is both ill advised and dangerous, unless you are invited by the ruling Shinawatra's.bah.gif

Hope you feel better after your virtual retch.

Now perhaps you can help me, just who did you have in mind that broke immigration laws, espoused their political views on a public stage and through the media, and was personally invited by the Shinawatra family to do so?

No one comes to mind immediately,...................was it the Pope?

• Like 1

To do all this now is again the stupidest thing that the cretaker governemetn can do.

Anything at this stage they do to supress people speaking is only going to make a martyr or rally cry out of it.

This government must be running out of feet and toes. every time the open their mouths they shoot themselves inthe foot again.

With court cases against the government to determine if they are allowed to do anything.

The fact that althought they are not allowed to borrow money they keep trying to devise a way to find gullible Thais.

Non violent removal of protestors

Chalerm and Yingluck

If and when this gets resolved and PT is victorious or the incoming government takes control then proceed with all the charges and actions.

• Like 2

Can someone show us that law? Is it written than non citizens shall refrain from expressing their political views in public? Failure to do so might result in deportation out of the Kingdom?

Anyone can post the reference of that law?

Because the fact that some politician says it does not mean it is law...

• Like 2

Can someone show us that law? Is it written than non citizens shall refrain from expressing their political views in public? Failure to do so might result in deportation out of the Kingdom?

Anyone can post the reference of that law?

Because the fact that some politician says it does not mean it is law...

He probably broke various bits of the SOE restrictions. However, this has generated quite a lot of negative press and made the government look vindictive. In the broad scheme of things this guy was completely irrelevant and the government should simply have ignored him.

• Like 1

He knew the law like any other Farang in Thailand, Foreigners are allowed to express their political opinion but taking part in an attempt to overthrow the government is not within their political rights!

For tee money all ready paid, would be considered as an act of corruption, the case is to high profile to be brought off by any amount of tea money, it is a warning to all farangs!

Cheers

The pure fine upstanding yellows or Sutheps mob would never resort to paying tea money, that is something only the reds would do. Suthep and his band are demonstrating to stamp out corruption so would never even consider paying a bribe as that would make them hypocrites of the highest order.

Damned Chooka, you beat me this time.

I had in mind to post the same answer as you, but I must admit that you did it better than me.

Kudos for your post mate.

Pity that most of TV members (Yellow) will not like your post (the truth) ......

See what happens. Be interesting.

I was speaking to a prominent Indian business man this week. He said Satish is going nowhere.

Tea money already been paid and everyone laughing about it in their community....

interested too. me thinks nothing will happen except for indeed some money changing hands and some face-saving-spins. the latter is always the best part!