Who Has Clean Air?

loofa

I live up north, and it's that time of year again when you can't see the mountains through the smoke (and the mountains are really close to me). I'd like to head south for a little holiday for my lungs, but I'm wondering how far south I have to go. Would love to hear from people living further down the country who have better air so that I can get an idea of where things start to improve. Thanks in advance for any kind input smile.png

• Like 1

Yes, beaches for sure, and good to hear confirmation that they are a go. I just wondered if we really have to go that far south? Talk is always about the burning in the north, but what is central Thailand like? This is only our second year of living here, so my apologies if there is some obvious thing I'm missing here. We may end up going to an island, I was just curious as to if that is the only choice.

More than likely any beach, or beach town with offshore breezes has clean air (ie eastern seaboard....Winds from the southwest)...and temperature is moderate.

Personally I visit the Rayong area and like it.....Low key, very few expats and HAS everything!

Depends on your definition of "clean". Rayong also has a petrochemical complex at Maptaput, just West of Rayong city. The air would probably be cleaner upwind of that.

• Like 1

More than likely any beach, or beach town with offshore breezes has clean air (ie eastern seaboard....Winds from the southwest)...and temperature is moderate.

Personally I visit the Rayong area and like it.....Low key, very few expats and HAS everything!

Well, now you've gone and told everyone. Won't be "very few expats" soon.

• Like 1

Well, now you've gone and told everyone. Won't be "very few expats" soon.

I saw a bunch of expats at the new Tesco in Kleang a few weeks ago. While sitting outside waiting with the dog while Mrs. Evil was shopping I was asked by a Thai man: Why are there so many farang here? How TF should I know?

I have a lung illness which necessates me living in a clean air zone.

I live 1km inland from the Andaman sea in north Phuket, just by the airport. The air is wonderfully clean, with ionly a little noise pollution.

Simon

Have you tried Vietnam...if not...you will be pleasantly surprised...people are friendly...cheap...beautiful country...

beautiful ladies...and the only smoke I came into contact with...was from cigarettes....

Thanks for input everyone. Hadn't thought that Vietnam would be different than here - might follow up on that idea! I also really like the Doi Inthanon idea for a quick getaway that is more local. Not sure how high up there is loding, as I'm sure the lower parts are still smoggy. Also, just for the record, not everyone on this forum is male. The assumptions here made me laugh a bit.