Travel agent for overseas holiday packages

nedkellylives

Will ask the mrs, she was an agent for yrs...

Thanks mate, there must be someone who does it here, the last package i arranged thru jetset in Australia

I told them what airline to use so we started and finnish the holiday in Phuket, 9 flights, 4 different destinations in africa

and everything included except for a few meals

Tried to book a Canadian holiday thru them but they could only arrange the land package not the airfares and transfers included

The agents there also assist and make it easy to obtain visas if required

Lots of full time expats in Phuket i am sure there would be a demand for packages

In the Bangkok Post there are always many small ads offering overseas packages, like for instance long weekends in Japan, but also to Europe and other destinations.

I have not read the BP for a long time, but i did check with a couple of travel agents who advertise in it

and was told all holidays are ex bangkok, i asked if they could give me a price ex phuket and they were not interested

I also went to Thai airways main office in Phuket town, they had some package deals but i could not purchase one

thru them but had to use one of their recommended agents, 2 recommended agents i aproach were not interested

in giving me a quote TIT

Typical cant remeber the name of the place ( jet tours maybe) anyhow opposite side of the road near vachira hospital.

They can do just what your after :-)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why not use a reputable UK, US, Aussie based travel agent, and arrange the entire package via email?

Just a thought.

I have already done so once, would be easier to do it here with a reputable travel agent if one exists

Have to arrange for my son to pay for the package in cash in Australia

Would prefer to pay a travel agent in Phuket myself

Buy them online. Most airlines have them on their websites.

Limited to 100K baht on my credit card, the holidays i am interested in cost a lot more than that

Paying a agent here with cash or cashiers cheque does not restrict me in choice of holidays or cost

Typical cant remeber the name of the place ( jet tours maybe) anyhow opposite side of the road near vachira hospital.

A bit vague mate with location and name

If the business still exists and is profitable its probably now located somewhere like jungceylon or central shopping centre

If the business still exists and is profitable its probably now located somewhere like jungceylon or central shopping centre

Phuket Jet Tour

http://www.phuketjettour.com/main.html

Phuket Jet Tour

http://www.phuketjettour.com/main.html

Thanks mate, i phoned them and arranged to go see them next week when their team is back from singapore

They seem to have Thailand holiday packages, but not overseas ones just flights and accomodation from what the lady i talked to told me

I will check to see what they have available at their office

I remember Petercallen started a similar thread a while back. I think it was full of "why don't you do it yourself" answers but it may be worth a search.

You are right same type of answers, Airfares and accomodation are easy and cheap to do yourself, combined package deals are very well priced

thru a travel agent if they do them, usually better priced than doing it yourself because of their buying power and contacts

No one seems to bother doing them here even though i know quite a few people based in phuket who holiday elsewhere

Limited to 100K baht on my credit card, the holidays i am interested in cost a lot more than that

Paying a agent here with cash or cashiers cheque does not restrict me in choice of holidays or cost

You're not limited to only 100k Baht if you go into your bank and lodge cash to your credit card.

For example: If you lodge 400k to your card, you instantly have 500k to spend.

You're not limited to only 100k Baht if you go into your bank and lodge cash to your credit card.

For example: If you lodge 400k to your card, you instantly have 500k to spend.

Airlines take credit cards and a lot charge fees to do so

Travel agents usually do not and if they do charge a 3% fee

Cash or bank/cashiers cheque or direct transfer is how they like to be paid

So putting extra money into your credit card to pay is a waste of time and money

You can also pay them via direct electronic deposit via your internet banking.

I suggest you use a reputable agent from your home country and pay them this way.

Edited by NamKangMan

I suggest you use a reputable agent from your home country and pay them this way.

They will only do land and sea packages for me, not flights from Thailand return

Also in Australia the agents sort out visas for you,they apply on your behalf, its

obvious to embassies if you are buying a complete holiday package you are only

going to enter their country for a holiday and there are no problems getting visas

no matter what nationality you are

One day someone will wake up here and offer the same service, if its successful

and it should be everyone else will jump on the band wagon and there will be to

many people doing the same thing to make it profitable like most other small businesses here

Paying in Australia is no problem the travel agent i use will take my personal cheque

The first 2 lines of my post are added to your post

Edited by nedkellylives

They will only do land and sea packages for me, not flights from Thailand return

Also in Australia the agents sort out visas for you,they apply on your behalf, its

obvious to embassies if you are buying a complete holiday package you are only

going to enter their country for a holiday and there are no problems getting visas

no matter what nationality you are

One day someone will wake up here and offer the same service, if its successful

and it should be everyone else will jump on the band wagon and there will be to

many people doing the same thing to make it profitable like most other small businesses here

Paying in Australia is no problem the travel agent i use will take my personal cheque

The first 2 lines of my post are added to your post

The need for a visa obviously depends on where you are going, and what nationality of passport you are traveling on. If it's somewhere unusual, chances are you will be flying out of Swappy, so you will be going to Bangkok anyway. Whilst there, you can arrange your own visa/s.

If you want to give thousands of dollars to a Thai travel agent, particularly a Phuket travel agent, and your passport, so it can bounce between Embassies in Bangkok, that's your decision.

If you are talking about upwards of a $10,000US package holiday, all included, I would not be trusting a Thai agent with that sort of money, and trip to organise, but that's just me.

If the agent doesn't "deliver" - what can you do about it here????

You mention Australian agents. Flight Center is big there. If you chose, book and pay with them, you know you are going on the holiday. Their agents are educated, well trained, knowledgeable and professional.

Going through an agent here, with that amount of money, and detailed requirements, in my opinion, is risky.

Edited by NamKangMan
  • Like 1

Phuket has a international airport and flights to most overseas destinations can be caught there, no reason to go to bangkok

Why do you think so many fly in fly out workers use phuket as their home base, apart from the cheap booze and company

The businesses i deal with both Thai and farang i do trust

Plenty of businesses i don't trust and Thai businesses are not top of the list

What do you do in your home country if a business is limited liability which most are are disappears of the face of

the earth, There are ways and means which cost money which you can loose on top of what you have lost already

Plenty of package holidays cost a lot more than $10,000 USD for 2 people, we are not all backpackers on tourist visas counting our cents

And want quality food, accomodation and service when on Holidays

I have used both flight centre and jetset on many accasions and prefer jetset for price and service

I wish i could find a travel agent here who can supply the same deals and service and would use them at

least once a year, phuket is my home now, going to other countries is being on holidays

Edited by nedkellylives

Phuket has a international airport and flights to most overseas destinations can be caught there, no reason to go to bangkok

Why do you think so many fly in fly out workers use phuket as their home base, apart from the cheap booze and company

What do you do in your home country if a business is limited liability which most are are disappears of the face of

the earth, There are ways and means which cost money which you can loose on top of what you have lost already

Plenty of package holidays cost a lot more than $10,000 USD for 2 people, we are not all backpackers on tourist visas counting our cents

I have used both flight centre and jetset on many accasions and prefer jetset for price and service

I wish i could find a travel agent here who can supply the same deals and service and would use them at

least once a year, phuket is my home now, going to other countries is being on holidays

"Phuket has a international airport and flights to most overseas destinations can be caught there, no reason to go to bangkok" - sure, but for some destinations, you may have to go through Bangkok, or maybe Kuala Lumpur. Eg. Maldives

Most European destinations go through the UAE now, so there would be a stop over anyway.

As for the FIFO workers, most I have met here are working Western Australia and fly out of Perth Airport. It's obviously a direct route, probably Jetstar, but had it not been a direct route, they would probably go to Bangkok Airport and then Pattaya. I'm not denying Phuket is a handy International Airport to have on our doorstep. I use it many times for visa runs to various neighbouring countries, and sometimes, as a tourist, to check out new countries.

"The businesses i deal with both Thai and farang i do trust

Plenty of businesses i don't trust and Thai businesses are not top of the list" - sure, but they are obviously not travel agents, otherwise you would not have started this thread. How many of these "other" businesses will you spend ten of thousands of dollar in, each year?

"What do you do in your home country if a business is limited liability which most are are disappears of the face of the earth, There are ways and means which cost money which you can loose on top of what you have lost already" - yes, it does happen, however, I did mention using a "reputable travel agent." The chances of them going broke is slim, compared to having your holiday money "stolen" from you here.

"Plenty of package holidays cost a lot more than $10,000 USD for 2 people, we are not all backpackers on tourist visas counting our cents And want quality food, accomodation and service when on Holidays" - I was only using the $10,000US figure as an example. The higher the cost of the holiday, the more you stand lose if it goes wrong here.

"I have used both flight centre and jetset on many accasions and prefer jetset for price and service

least once a year" - so, use them again. What's the problem?

Anyway, each to their own. If you chose to hand over thousands of dollars to a Thai agent, that's your call.

I hope it works out for you. I'm sure many have had no problem, and some have lost their money.

Check out the below link. Reported just yesterday. These are the quality staff working in travel agencies here. laugh.png

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2014/Travel-agent-east-of-Phuket-busted-for-using-lost-debit-card-27774.html

• Like 1

"Phuket has a international airport and flights to most overseas destinations can be caught there, no reason to go to bangkok" - sure, but for some destinations, you may have to go through Bangkok, or maybe Kuala Lumpur. Eg. Maldives

Most European destinations go through the UAE now, so there would be a stop over anyway.

As for the FIFO workers, most I have met here are working Western Australia and fly out of Perth Airport. It's obviously a direct route, probably Jetstar, but had it not been a direct route, they would probably go to Bangkok Airport and then Pattaya. I'm not denying Phuket is a handy International Airport to have on our doorstep. I use it many times for visa runs to various neighbouring countries, and sometimes, as a tourist, to check out new countries.

Plenty of businesses i don't trust and Thai businesses are not top of the list" - sure, but they are obviously not travel agents, otherwise you would not have started this thread. How many of these "other" businesses will you spend ten of thousands of dollar in, each year?

"What do you do in your home country if a business is limited liability which most are are disappears of the face of the earth, There are ways and means which cost money which you can loose on top of what you have lost already" - yes, it does happen, however, I did mention using a "reputable travel agent." The chances of them going broke is slim, compared to having your holiday money "stolen" from you here.

"Plenty of package holidays cost a lot more than $10,000 USD for 2 people, we are not all backpackers on tourist visas counting our cents And want quality food, accomodation and service when on Holidays" - I was only using the $10,000US figure as an example. The higher the cost of the holiday, the more you stand lose if it goes wrong here.

"I have used both flight centre and jetset on many accasions and prefer jetset for price and service

Anyway, each to their own. If you chose to hand over thousands of dollars to a Thai agent, that's your call.

I hope it works out for you. I'm sure many have had no problem, and some have lost their money.

Check out the below link. Reported just yesterday. These are the quality staff working in travel agencies here. laugh.png

http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2014/Travel-agent-east-of-Phuket-busted-for-using-lost-debit-card-27774.html

My glass is half full and yours is half empty

i will never agree with your opinion of Thai people and Thailand and i do not value your advice and never have

a small business in ko lanta using a card he found to withdraw money from someone elses account is nothing

to do with travel agents in Phuket, the same thing could happen in any country

No different than the french gangs stealing from ATMs in Phuket

I will check the one recommended travel agent next week and see if things have changed with the booking of overseas holidays here

From the conversation i had with the lady i talked to there i doubt it

My glass is half full and yours is half empty

i will never agree with your opinion of Thai people and Thailand and i do not value your advice and never have

a small business in ko lanta using a card he found to withdraw money from someone elses account is nothing

to do with travel agents in Phuket, the same thing could happen in any country

No different than the french gangs stealing from ATMs in Phuket

I will check the one recommended travel agent next week and see if things have changed with the booking of overseas holidays here

From the conversation i had with the lady i talked to there i doubt it

"My glass is half full and yours is half empty" - really???? You don't even know me. smile.png How do you know what my outlook on life is?

"i will never agree with your opinion of Thai people" - my opinion was more "financial/scam advice" to you - not racially based.

"i do not value your advice and never have" - no problem. You will get a range of replies when you start a thread. Mine was just one of them. Why ask for advice if you are not prepared to listen. Says more about you, than it does about me, then again, Thailand, and especially Phuket, is full of people that know better than the next guy.

"a small business in ko lanta using a card he found to withdraw money from someone elses account is nothing to do with travel agents in Phuket" - just pointing out to you the professionalism of staff working in the travel agent industry in Thailand. It's basically unregulated and uncontrolled. Ever think that he never actually "found" the card - it was a card number he kept from a customer????

"No different than the french gangs stealing from ATMs in Phuket" - you are right. Either way, you give them you credit card and they can steal from you. laugh.png

"I will check the one recommended travel agent next week" - wow. Only one recommended travel agent thus far. Doesn't that ring alarm bells?

Edited by NamKangMan

I really don't think you're going to find an Australian style package tour travel agent in Thailand.

Australians are among the world's most prolific travellers for reasons such as isolation, high cost of internal travel and accommodation, an in-built curiosity to see different cultures and a surplus of recreational funds.

For their annual holidays they flock to destinations such as Fiji, Bali, Singapore and Phuket. The big agencies can afford to bulk book airline seats and hotel rooms knowing they will fill them.

Conversely, the Thais are not great travellers. (although some Thai women would travel to the ends of the earth if they find a farang sponsor). Most have little interest, or even knowledge, of neighbouring countries. They don't flock together like the Chinese, Japanese or Russians for international travel. In lieu, they embark on life threatening bus trips to other provinces. No travel agent can bulk book holidays for this market.

There is also a large bunch of well travelled expats in Thailand who frequently breach the borders. These people come from everywhere, travel anywhere, and for many different reasons. They are generally experienced and confident enough to make their own arrangements. Usually they are not looking for package tours.

I don't think you will find a competent, experienced travel agent capable of booking packages to other countries, in Thailand.

These are my thoughts and views on the subject, feel free to disagree,

Edited by Old Croc

I really don't think you're going to find an Australian style package tour travel agent in Thailand.

Australians are among the world's most prolific travellers for reasons such as isolation, high cost of internal travel and accommodation, an in-built curiosity to see different cultures and a surplus of recreational funds.

For their annual holidays they flock to destinations such as Fiji, Bali, Singapore and Phuket. The big agencies can afford to bulk book airline seats and hotel rooms knowing they will fill them.

Conversely, the Thais are not great travellers. (although some Thai women would travel to the ends of the earth if they find a farang sponsor). Most have little interest, or even knowledge, of neighbouring countries. They don't flock together like the Chinese, Japanese or Russians for international travel. In lieu, they embark on life threatening bus trips to other provinces. No travel agent can bulk book holidays for this market.

There is also a large bunch of well travelled expats in Thailand who frequently breach the borders. These people come from everywhere, travel anywhere, and for many different reasons. They are generally experienced and confident enough to make their own arrangements. Usually they are not looking for package tours.

I don't think you will find a competent, experienced travel agent capable of booking packages to other countries, in Thailand.

These are my thoughts and views on the subject, feel free to disagree,

Good post but still a good chance of an argument. Thai Airways have holiday packages http://www.thaiairways.com/en_TH/roh/discover-thailand.page?