PM Yingluck Shinawatra vows to continue her duty until the new govt is formed

webfact

PM vows to continue her duty until the new Govt is formed

PNPOL570307001000401_07032014_100804.jpg

BANGKOK, 7 Mar 2014, (NNT) Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has reiterated that she will continue doing her duty until the new government is formed, as stated in constitution.

Ms. Yingluck again commented on the anticipation that the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) would ask the Charter Court to rule over the legitimacy of the caretaker government, given it was unable to hold the first parliamentary session within 30 days after the general election as stated in Section 127 of the constitution. The presence of her administration is needed until the next government is assembled, said the Premier.

According to Peerapan Palusuk, a member of Pheu Thai Party legal team, the election has not yet concluded, which means Section 127 of the constitution has no bearing on the caretaker government, adding that Section 93 clearly indicates that “in case the number of MPs is insufficient to form the government or hold a parliamentary session, the Election Commission will be required to seek the remaining members via elections within 180 days”.

Peerapan added that the legitimacy of the caretaker government would not be challenged if the Constitutional Court ruled the case with impartiality.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-07 footer_n.gif

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clearly she is the best premier the nation has ever had.

Just slightly edging out Thaksin for first place.

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

Clearly a post that needs professional help. Agreeing is one thing letting your daft out another.

The P.M. is continuing to do her duty. LIKE what ??? refusing to appear on charges, resting in safe areas. If her popularity was so overpowering she should without fear be able to tour freely around. PROBLEM the PTP in governing have made more enemies than friends.

• Like 2

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

Clearly a post that needs professional help. Agreeing is one thing letting your daft out another.

The P.M. is continuing to do her duty. LIKE what ??? refusing to appear on charges, resting in safe areas. If her popularity was so overpowering she should without fear be able to tour freely around. PROBLEM the PTP in governing have made more enemies than friends.

Sure she need to continue her duty, who else would be governing the country.

She can't tour freely around because the stupid, armed and violent whistle blowers are out there.

The first one to not appear on charges was Suthep, and after 3 months he still did not !

Problem to the whole situation is Suthep.

He's the one who seized government offices so the government could not do their job anymore

He's the one who boycotted the elections so there is no new government ready.

He's the one making a lot of enemies.

• Like 1

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

What does this "logic" say about Sutheps' popularity if he needs 80 odd popcorners to surround him 24/7?

Has she more enemies than friends - I'm sure an election could answer that question, could you please see if Abhisit has changed his diaper and is now ready to front up?

Is Suthep and Abhisit all you can come up with, how about answering my posts without this B/S.

Answer---follow the money ???? 3 years of problems ???? If you were able to answer honestly instead of hiding behind excuses you may find a few friends here.

Good for her.

Nice friendly answer, one thing missing-------for her not for the country. Yingluck--follow the money, tell us where it went. You have never explained because you do not give interviews, that is why the court is after you, your followers on TVF cannot speak for you as only you and your cabinet knows. Come clean gal.

• Like 1

Peerapan says that Section 93 clearly indicates that “in case the number of MPs is insufficient to form the government or hold a parliamentary session, the Election Commission will be required to seek the remaining members via elections within 180 days”.

But that is only in the case when 95% of members are already seated; a maximum 180 days is allowed to seek the remaining (5% or less) members.

Edited by catterwell

I never realised the bar was set that low.

Interesting article in the BP as to why Thailand's new conflict/impasse is in a league of it's own in comparison to various other problems a la Ukraine, Turkey, Venezuela.

I'm sure those of us who've been here for some time need not having it spelled out to them.saai.gif

Decades of unelected dictators tends to have an adverse effect on the quality of political leadership.

But don't worry too much, ever since 2001 things have been on the way up.

Decades of unelected dictators tends to have an adverse effect on the quality of political leadership.

Shins get elected but most are THROWN out of office---again follow the family history of bans-thrown out. it is a good indicator of their reason for office.

• Like 1

Thaddeus, on 07 Mar 2014 - 11:16, said:
ManofReason, on 07 Mar 2014 - 10:20, said:

The previous incumbent was abhisit.

What's that horrible American phrase, a classic example of the bastardisation of the English Language, like "math" or "what you got"? Oh, I remember,

"Go figure"

• Like 1

Good for her.

Nice friendly answer, one thing missing-------for her not for the country. Yingluck--follow the money, tell us where it went. You have never explained because you do not give interviews, that is why the court is after you, your followers on TVF cannot speak for you as only you and your cabinet knows. Come clean gal.

Who would you suggest to be the PM until the current fiasco is resolved?

Accept the results of the totally flawed elections, unlikely, too many problems and disruptions from PDRC to make it legit.

Accept the results of new elections should that be a scenario? Unlikely as the result is likely to put PTP back in power and even a landslide vote would be unacceptable to the losing parties and off we go again!

The answer is- I have no idea. But I am certainly not alone in that!

• Like 1

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

What does this "logic" say about Sutheps' popularity if he needs 80 odd popcorners to surround him 24/7?

Has she more enemies than friends - I'm sure an election could answer that question, could you please see if Abhisit has changed his diaper and is now ready to front up?

Apart from red-shirt seemingly somewhat more fanatic than others, also the police is out to get Suthep. Reason for a few guards, although I doubt they'll surround him 24/7. Personally I like my privacy on the privvy.

Anyway, the topic is an 'unclear status' PM Yingluck continuing her duty of touring the country side where all like and love her. So busy she hasn't found the time yet for many other things, report at the NACC, answer letters from the ombudsman, things like that.

She vows to continue her duties, eh? Duties to whom? To the people who are out in the fields unpaid after many many months?...No. Duties to the constitution she swore to uphold?....No, she just picks at that like an anorexic at a banquet. Duties to the fugitive from justice?..... You got it! bah.gif

• Like 1

One wishes that the ex-prime minister not keep quoting a constitution she doesn't understand. What the former members of her administration are trying to do is rewrite it. They are saying that Article 93 cancels out Article 127. So there. What they say about Article 108 or Article 7 is anyone's guess. But absence of referral is probably a big clue. Article 7 went into effect two days ago. You won't hear one Pheu Thai spokesman ever refer to Article 7. It cuts just too close to home. No matter, they have their own constitutional expert - Chalerm - to guide them through the cosmos in a journey that transcends time and space in their quest for a quorum. But clearly - in the real world - the Constitutional Court will make their ruling on this undoubtedly this month.

I hope the red terrorists wont bomb the judges or shoot them. Seems to be their style as of late. I hope they can work without fear of this.

Shins get elected but most are THROWN out of office---again follow the family history of bans-thrown out. it is a good indicator of their reason for office.

No. It's a good indication of one sides refusal to accept the will of the people.

Dr. Thaksin 'continued to do his duty' for seven months after dissolving Parliament and four and a half months after the election he held was nullified (never scheduled new elections) before the Army decided his term of 'duty' was finished. http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/07/01/thailand.timeline/index.html?iref=allsearch Will Madam caretaker PM wait to be nudged out in the same fashion? Is she staying around to protect Democracy? All the Red Shirt supporters believe Thaksin Democracy is the only Democracy even if Dr. Thaksin, himself, doesn't believe in Democracy. http://www.nationmultimedia.com/home/PMS-DECLARATIONDemocracy-is-not-my-goal-90316.html

• Like 2