PM Yingluck Shinawatra vows to continue her duty until the new govt is formed

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this vow be as successful as the vow to pay the rice farmers a few weeks ago?

Maybe, she got away with that one. They weren't paid but stopped protesting apparently.

There are court actions:

NACC rice scam probes

Charges filed for murder

Check on if the current caretaker regime are still entitles to be in office

Backlash on secessionist proclamations

etc etc

If Poo can weather these, and the 2nd February election is ever completed and not voided by the courts, then indeed her vow may be completed. First time for everything.

Clearly she is the best premier the nation has ever had.

Just slightly edging out Thaksin for first place.

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

Clearly a post that needs professional help. Agreeing is one thing letting your daft out another.

The P.M. is continuing to do her duty. LIKE what ??? refusing to appear on charges, resting in safe areas. If her popularity was so overpowering she should without fear be able to tour freely around. PROBLEM the PTP in governing have made more enemies than friends.

Sure she need to continue her duty, who else would be governing the country.

She can't tour freely around because the stupid, armed and violent whistle blowers are out there.

The first one to not appear on charges was Suthep, and after 3 months he still did not !

Problem to the whole situation is Suthep.

He's the one who seized government offices so the government could not do their job anymore

He's the one who boycotted the elections so there is no new government ready.

He's the one making a lot of enemies.

+ 100 points

Until you guys realize ----follow the money same same I know but it will lead to the truth, then the court will decide, looks bad BEFORE the court decides.

If I was a gambler I would never wager on the P.M./ PTP being anywhere near the winning post.

This shower are going to collect from the fan. Not so much for the party name----just the individuals that represent them and their 3 year record.

Whatever happens to the rest I do not really care, Suthep/Dems, they will have to argue their case if need be.

The country I care about, that is why I air my views and try to point out the wrongs, NOT DEFEND THEM.

Rob8891, on 07 Mar 2014 - 11:52, said:
fab4, on 07 Mar 2014 - 11:46, said:
Thaddeus, on 07 Mar 2014 - 11:16, said:Thaddeus, on 07 Mar 2014 - 11:16, said:
ManofReason, on 07 Mar 2014 - 10:20, said:ManofReason, on 07 Mar 2014 - 10:20, said:

I never realised the bar was set that low.

The previous incumbent was abhisit.

What's that horrible American phrase, a classic example of the bastardisation of the English Language, like "math" or "what you got"? Oh, I remember,

"Go figure"

Fab4....the selective reader. Your comrade-in-arms (ManofReason cheesy.gif ), said best EVER. Do try to get the whole picture, there's a good wee chap.

And why the cheap jibe at American English? ...One really is a very sad sort of person to have to do that.

Whoever man of reason is, he isn't my "comrade-in-arms". I was replying to Thaddeus who said that he never realized the bar was set that low. My reply was "abhisit" implying the bar had been set even lower by him.

So do try to get the whole picture, there's a good wee chap.

btw It's not a cheap jibe at American English. They have bastardised the English Language, I don't have to like it. If you want to use those phrases, fine, but you'd be better off studying the nuances of the English Language in its original form first. Then you might understand what people are saying and reply without the need for self satisfied emoticons.

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

Clearly a post that needs professional help. Agreeing is one thing letting your daft out another.

The P.M. is continuing to do her duty. LIKE what ??? refusing to appear on charges, resting in safe areas. If her popularity was so overpowering she should without fear be able to tour freely around. PROBLEM the PTP in governing have made more enemies than friends.

She can't tour freely around because the stupid, armed and violent whistle blowers are out there.

The first one to not appear on charges was Suthep, and after 3 months he still did not !

He's the one who seized government offices so the government could not do their job anymore

+ 100 points

Until you guys realize ----follow the money same same I know but it will lead to the truth, then the court will decide, looks bad BEFORE the court decides.

If I was a gambler I would never wager on the P.M./ PTP being anywhere near the winning post.

This shower are going to collect from the fan. Not so much for the party name----just the individuals that represent them and their 3 year record.

Whatever happens to the rest I do not really care, Suthep/Dems, they will have to argue their case if need be.

The country I care about, that is why I air my views and try to point out the wrongs, NOT DEFEND THEM.

We all have a right to express what we believe and defend with words alone. Or is this right undemocratic?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

But their is only 1 PM and she has the most responsible job in the country

The buck stops with her

Cut of the dragons head and the rest of the body will collapse

• Like 1

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

+ 100 points

We all have a right to express what we believe and defend with words alone. Or is this right undemocratic?

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How can anyone defend the missing money, how can anyone defend these in your face blatant wrongs. express what you believe that's healthy, but to argue about white being black is another matter.

My own belief in many of these matters is what I see,from a big cross section of news and views. If someone tells me a lie I have a good idea it is, If someone smacks me in the face with 750 billion baht and shreds it, I will know that's wrong. In denial is unhealthy.

The prime minister insisted that the government had been very cooperative with the Election Commission in the staging of the election on February 2 and declined to comment on the ombudsmen’s move.

Why not, she has already almost 2 years now declined to answer that same ombudsman's question why a fugitive convicted criminal is issued a passport.

• Like 1

what puzzle me is Yingluk vows to stay in office yet she doesn't seem to know where it is. you'd think after almost 3 years as PM she at least have an idea of the general area instead of running around the North East like a headless chicken looking for it, someone please give here a hint and a plane ticket - she should be able to work it out from that, big question is - will it still be there when she finds it or will the door be lock tight by the CC

• Like 1

what puzzle me is Yingluk vows to stay in office yet she doesn't seem to know where it is. you'd think after almost 3 years as PM she at least have an idea of the general area instead of running around the North East like a headless chicken looking for it, someone please give here a hint and a plane ticket - she should be able to work it out from that, big question is - will it still be there when she finds it or will the door be lock tight by the CC

But she believes it to be unsafe, afraid for her own safety. BUT she is the caretaker P.M. / DEFENCE minister.laugh.png

Doesn't the Ukraine situation sort of mimic the situation here a bit? Maybe we should put all the politicians in both countries, nay, all countries on Phuket and see what the place is like in 5 years. Barricade the bridge, close and secure the airport and let the Tuk Tuk boat pirates control the waters and see what's left.

Can't be much worse than it is already and would leave the rest of the world with a chance for peace.

Do people all over the world really want to keep killing each other?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

Dah whats my name wheres my lunch box !! Is that a wave ? or a salute you know like some had in the 30's and 40's ? This government reminds me of a movie called Dumb & Dumber and guess who would be the two stars ?

Good for Yingluck in standing up to the insurrectionist Suthep and his neo-fascist PDRC. The future of democracy in Siam depends on this kind of tenacity.

The alternative is a future of coups, military rule and further oppression of the mass of Siamese people by the elites - taking us back to the pre-1932 situation.

Edited by tilac2
  • Like 1

Good for Yingluck in standing up to the insurrectionist Suthep and his neo-fascist PDRC. The future of democracy in Siam depends on this kind of tenacity.

The alternative is a future of coups, military rule and further oppression of the mass of Siamese people by the elites - taking us back to the pre-1932 situation.

lets get the army on the streets and have done with this nonsense - everyone with a brain knows exactly what went on with this government - lets put a stop to the kindergarden and get some normality back into Thailand for all the people - Thaksin has been toxic for the past 10 years -

Suthep is trying his best to remove the blight - I have no faith in either one of them but I do know that IMO Thaksin has raped the Thai people long enough, he is a disease that sits by his swimming pool in Dubai orchestrating death squads and murder, the man is evil and he pays millions of Dollars that came from his corrupt regime in Thailand and the good Thai people to fuel his power and hatred - the shin name should be surgically removed like a wart from this society, it is an absolute disgrace that this has been allowed to continue for so long

The good people of Thailand deserve better - if only they could see

• Like 1

Her duty so far:

- 800 Billion burned without significant economic impacts.
- 130 Billion outstanding debts.
- Since October over one million unpaid Farmers.
- 18 million tons of rice mountain, hard to sell and is in part even rot.
- Many, many small farmers in need and now in the debt trap.
- International competitiveness ruined.
- Lost top spot as a rice exporter
- No clean accounting and no accountability reports.
- Ridiculous statements, which this scheme allegedly should be corruption free.
- Brought the country into chaos.
- State Budget sucked empty.
- Now they use the county reserve assets.
- and more failed scheme.
In other countries they arrest such incompetent people and imprison them.
The damage to the country is enormous and Thailand will still have to suffer for years to come.

Sadly, I feel you may have only scratched the surface here.

I envisage a mass exodus of the caretaker cabinet and anyone else in the PTP who has had responsibility for handling these budgets, essentially because once the auditors are able to assess the actual losses, we are going to find the real figure jaw-dropping...!!

If there was anything left in the coffers, they would temporarily take funds from other budgets to pay off the debts to the farmers; they certainly wouldn't be frantically searching for some inept bank manager who would agree to lend them money that they are unlikely to get back ... that is, not under the current leadership.

We could be looking at a black hole in the order of one-and-a-half trillion baht...!!

• Like 1

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

Clearly a case of the pot calling another pot black, realizing you are not the sharpest knife in the Kitchen !!

Yingluck is cut from a different mold than many of the other PMs in Thai history, maybe it is the fact she is a women with different perspective of what is necessary for the country, I have no doubt if the court is impartial in its rulings, that she will be the PM that welcomes the new government into office!

All the yellow supporters that quote a different section of the Thai constitution, lose sight of the fact the the constitution is representative of the Thai democracy and has "no provisions for an un-elected government to take over leadership" of the country,as article 91 clearly states the results of an election, is the law of the land!

Cheers

• Like 2

I agree it has not been an easy road for the PM to travel, but she has traveled it well. Thai history will remember her kindly in her valiant stand against the fascist forces of evil trying to crave their own dictatorship out of the Land of Smiles!

Any solution that does not consider all of the wishes of the Thai population, an election, will only cause more decades of turmoil for the country!

Make no mistake.

Cheers

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

Clearly a case of the pot calling another pot black, realizing you are not the sharpest knife in the Kitchen !!

Yingluck is cut from a different mold than many of the other PMs in Thai history, maybe it is the fact she is a women with different perspective of what is necessary for the country, I have no doubt if the court is impartial in its rulings, that she will be the PM that welcomes the new government into office!

All the yellow supporters that quote a different section of the Thai constitution, lose sight of the fact the the constitution is representative of the Thai democracy and has "no provisions for an un-elected government to take over leadership" of the country,as article 91 clearly states the results of an election, is the law of the land!

Cheers

She is a woman, and knows what is necessary for the country----You said this ?? ha ha and you said that I am not the sharpest knife in the kitchen, That's a bit real when you can speak about someone that has ruined the country, because of her lack of general knowledge and experience.---follow the money Kikoman.

Peerapan says that Section 93 clearly indicates that “in case the number of MPs is insufficient to form the government or hold a parliamentary session, the Election Commission will be required to seek the remaining members via elections within 180 days”.

But that is only in the case when 95% of members are already seated; a maximum 180 days is allowed to seek the remaining (5% or less) members.

That seems to be correct. Article 93 states that in the case that all seats have not been filled but not less than 95 percent are filled the balance should be filled through elections in 180 days. Meanwhile, the 95 pc plus may constitute the House, as if it were filled, and proceed to convene and meet normally without waiting for the remaining MPs. The article doesn't provide for a vacuum where no government can be formed while waiting 180 days for elections.

In short, the constitution does not cover the situation where 95 pc of the seats cannot be filled in 30 days and the House cannot be convened.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

Cheers

She is a woman, and knows what is necessary for the country----You said this ?? ha ha and you said that I am not the sharpest knife in the kitchen, That's a bit real when you can speak about someone that has ruined the country, because of her lack of general knowledge and experience.---follow the money Kikoman.

You seem to lack the capability to digest what in fact has been posted!

Take off your male only binders and consider your bias attitude towards women in the position of power in a male dominated society, Woman have a proven track record in the international community as able politicians with as much right as a male to occupy a position of power, your 1915 assessment of the capabilities of women is outdated by over a hundred years.

Wake up there is a whole new world out there.

Cheers

Way to go babe.

What an angel.

Keep it up.

Cheers

You are several kettles short of a tea party.

Yingluck popped out of the same "mould" as the other despicable offspring - are you suggesting, with your use of the word "cut" that it was a Cesarean? Or are you confusing another metaphor "cut from the same cloth" ?

You seem to forget, in your final paragraph, that her brother, the convict in Dubai, did exactly what you say there are no provisions in the constitution for.Or are you saying that he wasn't the PM and that therefore there was no coup?

Cheers

You seem to lack the capability to digest what in fact has been posted!

Take off your male only binders and consider your bias attitude towards women in the position of power in a male dominated society, Woman have a proven track record in the international community as able politicians with as much right as a male to occupy a position of power, your 1915 assessment of the capabilities of women is outdated by over a hundred years.

Wake up there is a whole new world out there.

Cheers

Do not twist my post---you are a wind up

Biased towards women--I am what made you come up with that ??? you are making up lies, I never said women haven't a proven track record.

Are you after scoring brownie points, All I posted and well you know it was the Thai PM has a dismal track record that's all, nothing more.

Your lies and rant are obvious.-----------------her general knowledge and experience shows --it is being proven in the courts.