Rally leader Taya suspends activities for safety of her family; Thaksin's ex-wife at Emporium

webfact

The question is this - which is more intimidating - whistles or bombs ? Someone or some persons seem to think it's bombs. One thing is for sure, it has sparked a series of outraged responses. But this is not only just any kind of outrage. It is more akin to a mental imbalance. What inspired it ? The image of a centi-millionaire being whistled at. That was it. But for one or more people that was clearly more than enough. Thaksin's lawyer immediately lodged an international statement of outrage at the incident, saying that Thaksin's ex-wife was being pursued by the " elite ". One is not quite sure what he meant by the word elite, except that it clearly must include people who are somewhat shy of being a centi-millionaire. But what puts people over the top - what sends them into a psychotic state ? Whistles ? And if so, exactly what would be behind that kind of imbalance of mind ? Just how fragile can egos be ? Perhaps the fragility of the egos are measured by the ferocity, irrationality, and unbalanced nature of the response.

First time I've ever heard centi- millionaire.

You may have just coined a phrase.

Hey Doggy! beatdeadhorse.gif.pagespeed.ce.adWp7jUAu

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why she was blowing a whistle at the ex wife of a person that has not been in the country for 8 years I will never understand.

That said, I hope whatever fascist threw those bombs catches some fiery karma, like today.

In the absence of free speech you have absolutely nothing.

Edited by BeforeTigers

Yet another Thai learning that actions have consequences.

Think about what you have just said...!! You are advocating bombings of even those who are not directly involved in any of the current mess.

I don't know who you are a reincarnation of (possible Jacksh1t, who went missing some weeks ago) but you are treading on dangerous ground here.

Most of us here are able to adopt a mature, balanced perspective of the current situation in Thailand; we do not need extremists in our midst...!!

I'm not advocating anything, it's false of you to suggest that I am.

I am stating what is common knowledge.

Actions have consequences.

I have voiced neither approval or disapproval of either the actions or the consequences in the referenced situation.

Nobody operates in a vacuum, what we do affects others which in turn affects the way they act towards us.

In life the best course of action is to follow the golden rule i.e. Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you.

Blowing whistles in someones ear or firing a rifle hidden within a popcorn bag is going to provoke a response that you will be, at the very least, partially responsible for.

Whilst what you say is true it is also slightly disingenuous - one could, using your argument of ' another Thai learning that actions have consequences' apply this to other situations such as: poor governance and widespread corruption leads to coup.

I doubt very much that you would as accepting of that truth would you?

• Like 1

Just what I expected from you. Do you condone the intimidation with grenades and bombs against the family?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Think about what you have just said...!! You are advocating bombings of even those who are not directly involved in any of the current mess.

I don't know who you are a reincarnation of (possible Jacksh1t, who went missing some weeks ago) but you are treading on dangerous ground here.

Most of us here are able to adopt a mature, balanced perspective of the current situation in Thailand; we do not need extremists in our midst...!!

I have voiced neither approval or disapproval of either the actions or the consequences in the referenced situation.

Nobody operates in a vacuum, what we do affects others which in turn affects the way they act towards us.

In life the best course of action is to follow the golden rule i.e. Do unto others as you wish them to do unto you.

Blowing whistles in someones ear or firing a rifle hidden within a popcorn bag is going to provoke a response that you will be, at the very least, partially responsible for.

Intimidation of people with the use of grenades and this fella here voices neither approval or disapproval. It's typical of the red sympathizers. If the anti government protestors did this, they would jump on it calling them 'thugs' and 'fascists'. When reds to do it, we neither approve nor disapprove. What a bunch of hypocritical scum.

• Like 2

I'm sorry, but your post was in response to the shooting and grenade attacks on the home of a demonstrator, as well as the home and private school of the demonstrator's mother, to which you commented "actions have consequences".

And whilst trying to deny that you are advocating such violence, you still seem to believe that the same response is to be expected for blowing a whistle or firing a rifle...?!

You really do need to gain some perspective in your personal thought process before spouting off the way that you are currently demonstrating.

You are again incorrect.

I did not state that the "same" response is to be expected for blowing a whistle or firing a rifle.

I simply stated that "a" response, for which you would at the very least be partially responsible for, is to be expected.

Please try and stick to facts.

• Like 1

You are again incorrect.

I did not state that the "same" response is to be expected for blowing a whistle or firing a rifle.

I simply stated that "a" response, for which you would at the very least be partially responsible for, is to be expected.

Without getting sidetracked MOR I'm interested in you opinion as you seem to be big on action = consequence. Do you think having a grenade thrown at your house is a reasonable consequence of of blowing a whistle at someone.

Edited by jonclark

I'm sorry, but your post was in response to the shooting and grenade attacks on the home of a demonstrator, as well as the home and private school of the demonstrator's mother, to which you commented "actions have consequences".

And whilst trying to deny that you are advocating such violence, you still seem to believe that the same response is to be expected for blowing a whistle or firing a rifle...?!

You really do need to gain some perspective in your personal thought process before spouting off the way that you are currently demonstrating.

You are again incorrect.

Theoretically you are absolutely right, my dear well-reasoned man.

Now back to practise which even practically the practise can be so much more different than you would theoretically expect.

In most democracies the blowing of a whistle at some one would either be shrugged off, or might lead to a police complaint. It's would seem that only in a real democracy like Thailand the response will be violent especially if the 'wounded' party belongs to the Amply Rich people which group seems to need constant protection by (red) grassroot groups who as always really like rich people who keep them poor.

Edited by rubl
  • Like 1

The police said that the attack was to intimidate the couple with no intent on life.

Strange thing to say. Almost as if it makes it okay to lob grenades.

Easier to say something like this than try and chase the attackers.....and anyway, they wouldn't catch anyone...!

Thai cops!

Whilst what you say is true it is also slightly disingenuous - one could, using your argument of ' another Thai learning that actions have consequences' apply this to other situations such as: poor governance and widespread corruption leads to coup.

I doubt very much that you would as accepting of that truth would you?

How is it disingenuous?

It appears that any Red government (poor or not) will lead to a coup.

If anything is disingenuous here it is the justification you give for the (failed) attempt to overthrow the legitimate government of the country.

The government did the right thing by the voters, it dissolved itself and called for elections i.e. returned power to the people.

There was / is no need for a coup. All the other mob has to do is front up to elections and accept the result.

If they win, power is theirs - legally.

This I would very much accept.

• Like 1

'The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing' (Edmund Burke)

Intimidation of people with the use of grenades and this fella here voices neither approval or disapproval. It's typical of the red sympathizers. If the anti government protestors did this, they would jump on it calling them 'thugs' and 'fascists'. When reds to do it, we neither approve nor disapprove. What a bunch of hypocritical scum.

We don't know who it is that has been using grenades.

There have been no arrests and no convictions. In all the instances of grenade throwing that I am aware of a decent argument could be made against either side being the criminal party (with the exception of the grenade the PDRC launched at the brave police officers on Feb 18).

My gut tells me that the PDRC leadership have been bombing their own houses with dud grenades, but I'm self aware enough to recognise my own bias and acknowledge the distinct lack of evidence so don't claim this opinion as a fact.

There is no hypocrisy here my friend - only a man of reason.

• Like 1

I don't want to see her hurt but I believe 2 months in jail would be an appropriate sentence for her violence and harassment

Based on whistleblowing? Even better yet, she should be sent to a "re-education" camp to conform to your Thai Rouge schooling.

That just about sums it up...... You DARE to blow a whistle at a Shin and we'll shoot at you and throw grenades at you. Sick individuals

Would love to know who ordered these attacks....Thais don't work for free, especially dirty dangerous work.

Would nice to see Potjaman come out and condemn these attacks too....but we just have an eerie silence.

You are again incorrect.

Without getting sidetracked MOR I'm interested in you opinion as you seem to be big on action = consequence. Do you think having a grenade thrown at your house is a reasonable consequence of of blowing a whistle at someone.

Absolutely not. Both are crimes, granted that one is much more severe than the other. Actions do have consequences and unfortunately the consequences are not always proportional to the action that birthed them. All the more reason to think before acting.

• Like 1

True, the reaction of violance following the whistle blowing is dramatic but please don't tell me that the victims couldn't anticipate this! In Thailand this happens every day, here you can get shot for flashing your car lights...

This is one of those 'Only In Thailand' stories. Why I cannot fathom would anyone deduce that blowing whistles at an ex wife (emphasis on the EX) of Thaksin would in anyway be getting at him. I got an ex wife, and if anyone in the PDRC is at a loss what to do with all their excess whistles, do I have a plan for you!

• Like 2

I don't want to see her hurt but I believe 2 months in jail would be an appropriate sentence for her violence and harassment

Why? She isn't the one bombing people.

More to the point why isn't thaksin's ex in gaol? i thought she'd got three years for corruption or something like that.

• Like 1

Based on whistleblowing? Even better yet, she should be sent to a "re-education" camp to conform to your Thai Rouge schooling.

Not taking any sides but I think Prbkk is speaking of punishment for "harassment". I'm not a lawyer but I don't think it's within anyone's constitutional rights, free speech or not, follow someone else in a privately owned establishment and blow whistles at them. Of course, legal action would have been the correct course instead of bombs and drivebys but as we know, sometimes temper can get the best of us.

• Like 1

I thought Buddhists, were pacifists! Or is this just another example of Thai Buddhism?

If everyone would read their holy book, no matter if Christs, Muslims or Buddhists than war and crime would be impossible.

And all the religions are full in force if the war is against an other religion....

Not much difference which invisible friend they have.

No, plain old jail. Intimidation, assault, stalking, harassment....jail. You think it;s ok to attack someone like that just because she doesn't like the cut of her jib. I don't. And instead of complaining on facebook and trying to make herself look like someone of consequence, she should be thankful she hasn't been charged. Nasty piece of work.

You are talking about Pojaman, right?

• Like 1

Why? She isn't the one bombing people.

More to the point why isn't thaksin's ex in gaol? i thought she'd got three years for corruption or something like that.

I don't know what happened to her charges. But it's not up to this Khunying's daughter to take matters into her own hands.

Not taking any sides but I think Prbkk is speaking of punishment for "harassment". I'm not a lawyer but I don't think it's within anyone's constitutional rights, free speech or not, follow someone else in a privately owned establishment and blow whistles at them. Of course, legal action would have been the correct course instead of bombs and drivebys but as we know, sometimes temper can get the best of us.

And when "temper can get the best of us" to this extent, is not a prison term to be expected?