Kawasaki Ninja 250RR 2014 - Single Cylinder - Thailand

ll2

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is it the KLX/D-Tracker motor in a sporty chassis?

I think all new as it churns out 27.2 bhp (claimed )

The KLX I think did about 10 less

So that would be nice in a new D-Tracker.

What would be nice would be a 400cc D-tracker. A nice class that has been around for decades but virtually not accessible in thailand.

• 5 months later...

Love that frame...not sold on the light. Looks like they copied Honda in the engine and the horrible light. Good thing they undercut them on the price.

I see there's a claim of 27.6 B(?)HP; wonder if that's as over the mark as the 250 (33 claimed/25 actual) was. It is right there were the Honda CBR 300 is sitting. Kerb weight of the CBR300R is 12kg more than listed on that flyer.

I will say though that my experiences in Kawasaki dealership sure trumps those I've had at Hondas. Granted Hondas are sold everywhere and you pretty much have to be in a Provincial capital to get a Kawi dealership...this seems to be one case of quality over quantity.

As a side question...what's with the stupid big exhausts on these 250/300 bikes?

I saw these at the Central World bike show a couple months back. They look good, I have to say the naked one looks better than the Ninja. That's a great price point too, obviously priced to compete with the Honda 300's. The only turnoff for me was the size; they're a bit too small for me. I'm sure they'll do really well though.

The only turnoff for me was the size; they're a bit too small for me. I'm sure they'll do really well though.

For that class it is pretty much identical to the Honda 300/ Ninja 300 dimensions

Seat height etc identical

Wheelbase slightly shorter (49mm/ 1.9inch) for a sporty handling

we have a thread about it here though running for some time. it should be good if you can put the info there too mania.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/709227-kawasaki-ninja-250rr-2014-single-cylinder-thailand/?hl=kawasaki%20single

kawasaki honda cbr and cb300 fighters. seen these bikes in real and sat one them. naked one looks great imo and comfy bikes and price is so right! kawasakis late attempt on single cylinder low cc budget bikes still better than none!

some reviews say chassis is better and more proper than ninja 250/300 twin bikes.

good job kawa on these bikes.

Edited by ll2

They look great all round.

Let's not forget they're only 37cc less, not 50, than the so called CBR300, a good bit lighter, and less likely to have the issues the Hondas have. Better shops too unless you're way out in the boonies and away from a Kawa dealer.

I would definitely go for one of these if I was in the market. The naked one looks great, 118k baht is a steal!

Edited by Deacon Bell

Let's not forget they're only 37cc less, not 50, than the so called CBR300, a good bit lighter, and less likely to have the issues the Hondas have. Better shops too unless you're way out in the boonies and away from a Kawa dealer.

I would definitely go for one of these if I was in the market. The naked one looks great, 118k baht is a steal!

Remember that Kawasaki is just as 'optimistic' on the weight as they are on the HP. 12 kg of weight that takes a bike from dry to kerb weight is ~14 litres of fuel. Put the battery back in and add another ~3 litres of oil and I would bet the Kawi is heavier than the Honda.

Remember that Kawasaki is just as 'optimistic' on the weight as they are on the HP. 12 kg of weight that takes a bike from dry to kerb weight is ~14 litres of fuel. Put the battery back in and add another ~3 litres of oil and I would bet the Kawi is heavier than the Honda.

Possibly.

Got to get them both on the scales before they get in the ring.biggrin.png

These look great, what a cool little city bike.

That red faired version looks awesome. Great price too. Well done Kawi clap2.gif

You know I agree 100%

Price is great & makes one consider grabbing one & selling the scooter

Better comfort/tires/brakes etc & still nimble

I think I'm going to get the naked version. An all round unbeatable package. I don't need the speed, power, size or weight of the 300 twin.

Actually the naked twin is (was as this supplants it?) only a 250.

I do not think this will replace the Z250 twin

They are very popular here & a good seller at 151k

Also on the 2013 onwards 250 twins ( either ninja or z because same engine) seems it is an easy swap to go 300

Some folks have done it already changing crank/rods

drop in fit.

One guy went 335 with overbore & using 300 stroked crank got a good 41.22hp out of it

with no head work at all yet.

post-82547-0-33271600-1409720052_thumb.j

Edited by mania

better put the prices and release info here too.

i believe, it is not very efficient for a forum to open different threads about the same bikes as this one is running for some time like 6 months. easier to follow things about the same bike in one single thread.

really dont care who opened it.

finally kawasaki sl and z 250 cc single bikes are released. credits going to 'mania' for the info.

lightweight nice bikes IMO and green naked one looks great.

Kawasakis late attempt on single 250 cc beginner/small bikes. but a well done effort.

27 hp and 150 kg. a bit smaller than honda 300 series though but sure steal some sales from honda 300 series and incoming yamaha yzf250!

x1957747_806419196076240_127197367596790

x10580701_806419256076234_90826908504332

Edited by ll2

I think I'm going to get the naked version. An all round unbeatable package. I don't need the speed, power, size or weight of the 300 twin.

For some reason the z250 twin didn't interest me in the same way that this single does.

With the 30,000+ baht price difference I would rather put that into the single, as a full-system pipe etc. than buy the stock z250. I don't really need one, would just be a fun little runabout.

I do not think this will replace the Z250 twin

They are very popular here & a good seller at 151k

Also on the 2013 onwards 250 twins ( either ninja or z because same engine) seems it is an easy swap to go 300

Some folks have done it already changing crank/rods

drop in fit.

One guy went 335 with overbore & using 300 stroked crank got a good 41.22hp out of it

with no head work at all yet.

attachicon.gif335 ninja 250.jpg

That's right there where my CB500X is....

For some reason the z250 twin didn't interest me in the same way that this single does.

With the 30,000+ baht price difference I would rather put that into the single, as a full-system pipe etc. than buy the stock z250. I don't really need one, would just be a fun little runabout.

Just pointing out that the 250 twin makes ~25hp...less than the claimed HP for the new model.

I always like multi cylinders better for engine characteristics

but these are very nice & I would consider one too.

Mainly due to power to weight being good &

the trellis frame plus the whole package being more

narrow due to being a single...should be a really fun bike in the twisty sections

Just pointing out that the 250 twin makes ~25hp...less than the claimed HP for the new model.

Different type of power & configuration due to bore stroke ratio too.

Will be interesting to see a good dyno of how & where it makes its power.

I am always amazed at the Moto3 250 single cylinders & what they put out

hp wise

Edited by mania

So colors.......

What color systems can we choose from?

Kawasaki Chiangmai is showing this so probably these for now?

Although I thin they have the green ninja also?

I am going down just to look later today maybe & will post pics if I do

10592988_693880767386845_413780706619418

Edited by mania