Manhunt for Swedish fake Rolex Watch seller in Pattaya

webfact

Manhunt for Swedish fake Rolex Watch seller in Pattaya

watch-2.jpg

PATTAYA: -- A 26 year old Thai Man, who purchased what he thought was a real second-hand Rolex Watch, later found the watch to be fake, despite handing over 110,000 Baht for the watch to its previous owner, a Swedish National.

Khun Samit went to Pattaya Police Station on Friday evening and spoke with Police Colonel Supachai, the Station Chief, who was told that the apparent victim saw the watch advertised on a Thai Website. If the watch had been genuine the retail price for the item is currently 240,000 Baht so the sale at less than half-price seemed a real bargain.

Khun Samit agreed to meet Mr. Carl Anders Mikael Andersson aged 54 from Sweden, at the Big C Extra Store in Central Pattaya where the money was handed over in exchange for the wrist watch. Mr. Andersson allowed Khun Samit to take a picture of his passport in case a problem with the sale occurred.

Khun Samit claimed Mr. Andersson appeared eager to leave quickly which made Khun Samit suspicious.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/120891/manhunt-for-swedish-fake-rolex-watch-seller-in-pattaya/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2014-03-08

• Like 1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I'm guessing one of two things happened:

1. The sting to capture all of the Thai sellers of fake goods has been highly successful. All the high ends brands of the world can breathe a collective sigh of relief. Aaaaaaah!

or

2. The local authorities didn't get their cut of the profits.

I wonder which scenario is correct?

• Like 1

The Thai vendors of fake watches do not pretend that they are real, also they don't charge that much.

There is a proper looking Rolex box in the photo, I have not seen boxes like that for sale by Thai fake watch sellers.

It sounds like this is a outright fraud. That makes the seller an alleged criminal and is worthy of investigation.

selling fake Rolex is already a crime ...

its already very suspicious to see a Rolex at 110,000 instead of 240,000 that Thai guy should have had a bit more judgement instead of thinking to make a good deal. Welcome to the real fake watches world ..... coffee1.gif

The 110.000 might be enough for a discounted 1st class ticket to Europe.

Really not cool. It is not easy as many of us buy things second hand, online etc. etc.

Having said that though... buying a "second hand" rolex and meeting the guy at BigC? When I buy a second hand car I meet at a mechanic's place who I have given a small stipend to for their expertiese in giving me the nay or yah. If the seller does not like it then.....

Sorry for the guy though. Who would not like a rolex (geniune)?

Anywhere there are tourists there are mountains of fake products yet the police turn a blind eye but as the victim is a thai national all hell breaks loose Only a brainless twit would allow his passport details to be taken if he knew what he was selling was a fake, it is high time the police stopped fake products being sold but there again how many pics do you see of plain clothes police officer wearing Boss or Lacoste tops and on 300 baht a day salary they have to be fake !!!!!!

• Like 1

What goes around - comes around. Thank you for this contribution, it did not only make my day but my weekend.

Manhunt? Manhunt? There are many men (and women too) to be hunted for much, much, much bigger crimes.

I do not support cheating but chuckling is in order in this case - proof to be provided first too

• Like 1

The last fake Rolex offered to me for sale was priced at B$1,500, not B$110,000. Quite a bit of difference. I even bought one 6 years ago for my niece as a novelty. It is still working fine today. There was no attempt to convince me it was genuine, unlike the Swede in the article..

• Like 1

Why not arrest all the Thais selling them in the first place

Doh! Hello: Because they don't claim it's the real thing, and sell them for a couple hundred baht! Hence no scam. Just copyright violation (on both sides) but no scam.

This on the other hand is a scam.

And the guy is toast; good. One less in Pattaya.. quite a few to go. wink.png

How long ago was it you were offered a fake rolex for a couple of hundred baht?

I was offered one last week in a bar on Beach Road Pattaya, special price for you poppa, 1500Bht!!!!!

I nearly fell off my bar stool with laughter, even the girl that had just brought me my beer laughed at the price.

(I offered him 300Bht then got the usual crap, cannot, my boss fire me, my kids starve, my wife leave me, I kill myself. He must have flogged at least one later because he was still at it the next day!)

I bought what what I thought to be a high quality copy for 2000 thb. I wore it for 2 hours before the band broke. I should have reported it to the tourist police, and they could have organised a man hunt for what proved to be a poor copy of a good copy of the original.......

• Like 1