Manhunt for Swedish fake Rolex Watch seller in Pattaya

webfact

The Thai vendors of fake watches do not pretend that they are real, also they don't charge that much.

There is a proper looking Rolex box in the photo, I have not seen boxes like that for sale by Thai fake watch sellers.

It sounds like this is a outright fraud. That makes the seller an alleged criminal and is worthy of investigation.

Not true go to bkk you can buy rolex copies or handbag copies of top mirror grades that look almst identical to the smallest detail and comes with boxes and recipts and everything to maketit look real. some thai vendors even try sell them as genuine if they can...only difference this time is that the scam was reversed

• Like 1

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah nice of pattaya one news to blank his face with their logo.

Don't think he will be getting grassed on anytime soon.

I was just thinking that..... it would help if a clear picture of the suspect was presented by the press.

Of course a picture of a British passport front should be used as before!!!

If I ever want to buy a real Rolex...Thailand would be well down the list of places to do so!

If ya go to Bangkok's Chinatown,they have catalogs and ya can choose any model or Rolex you want for 1000 baht.Well that was A few years ago.It's probably A little more now.

The problem is the guy that bought it thinking being it was being sold for a lot of money it had to be real.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Swedish guy bought it from a Thai who claimed it to be genuine then he checked the back and noticed the copied in Thailand tag so he has off loaded it back onto a Thai.

How many Thais around the country are selling fake Rolex watches to farangs right under the noses of the police. A farang does the same and it is a "MANHUNT"

A manhunt for a bloke selling fake watches - maybe they should concentrate on suspects wanted in connection with serious crimes/offences. This is an absolute joke.

??? It's legal for Thai citizens to sell fake Rolex watches to foreigner citizens under Thai law but foreigne citizens can't sell fake Rolex watches to Thai citizens ??? I don't get it.

I find this interesting. How do we know the watch, claimed to be fake, was actually the same piece sold by the now accused Swede? If the watch sold by the Swede was real, then perhaps Khun Samit replaced the watch with a fake making him the scammer? Or maybe the store he visited to get the watch valued replaced the watch with a fake, then they are the scammers. Or what if the Swede didn't even know that the watch was fake? The fake was apparently good enough to fool Khun Samit, that would make nobody a scammer.

Interesting.

This, as the saying goes buyer beware, costly mistake by the Thai.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why not arrest all the Thais selling them in the first place

Because Thai's sell them as fake but the Swedish chap sold a copy but he must have told him it is an original Rolex. It's so easy to spot a real Rolex.

What the BIB are really after the Swedish man is obvious, he did not have a work permit!!!!!

Really in all seriousness, ANYONE who buys goods on the street should be aware they may (will) be fake.

I agree with the other comments, som nom na, a farlang ripping off a Thai is really newsworthy.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Poetic justice! love it.

Yeah, watching people be scammed out of almost us$4000, what's not to love about it. rolleyes.gifsad.png

A real intelligent Thai ! Don't real Rolex come with a number, and a certificate ? Thais have been scamming us since time began, the man is right , it is "poetic justice" !!!!

It's strange though.......if the position were reversed there would be little or no police involvement, or if there were probably a 500 Baht fine !

Well First , to the Purchaser I suggest he Stick to the 1,000 Barht " Genuine Rolex's " , Its a Lot Cheaper .

But the love of these aspirational brands is a common thread .

To the Seller ..You allowed your Passport to be Copied ? , thats just stupidity ...

Its not a good thing to do , and once his photo is sent around , He will pretty much certainly be Caught .

Any Body got a somewhere where I can pick up a Pair of genuine Rayban sunnies ?

Well First , to the Purchaser I suggest he Stick to the 1,000 Barht " Genuine Rolex's " , Its a Lot Cheaper .

But the love of these aspirational brands is a common thread .

To the Seller ..You allowed your Passport to be Copied ? , thats just stupidity ...

Its not a good thing to do , and once his photo is sent around , He will pretty much certainly be Caught .

Any Body got a somewhere where I can pick up a Pair of genuine Rayban sunnies ?

Could the passport be a fake too ?

Do you know what a Rolex watch means to me? Not a dam_n thing. When you mix up the concepts of being able to tell the time of day with hanging a status symbol off your wrist, you open yourself up for this type of stupidity. I have no sympathy for the mark. Then there is another part of me that wonders what it feels like to be a Thai national on the other end of a scam. How many 'Manhunts' are being conducted for Thai nationals who have scammed foreign tourists?
Boo Hoo.

Edited by connda
  • Like 2

Mr. Andersson allowed Khun Samit to take a picture of his passport in case a problem with the sale occurred.

Mr.Andersson seems to be a real bright guy. Som Nam Na.-w00t.gif

Maybe Mr Andersson's passport is as fake as the Rolex. Now that would make him a real bright guy!

Edited by lensta
  • Like 1