Phuket expat volunteers back to work after successful negotiations with police

webfact

Yes I am sure. For about 3 months now.

That's outrageous! I'm tempted to go on strike, but I don't think anyone at TPV HQ would notice....

With the amount of complaining you do about them on here they would probably welcome it.

What I don't understand is if it was just a misunderstanding about the additional money being for a lawyer for the civil action, why would the police take the money in the first place?

just observin'............rolleyes.gif

It is no secret that the standard procedure in Thailand is for police to take a cut of settlements in which they mediate. The foreign volunteers do not.

I simply can't understand why the Police are pandering to these jokers, the volunteers don't and should not have any say in the way the Police handle things.

totster :)

You will think differently if you ever end up in a dispute mediated by Thai police.

I simply can't understand why the Police are pandering to these jokers, the volunteers don't and should not have any say in the way the Police handle things.

totster smile.png

You will think differently if you ever end up in a dispute mediated by Thai police.

No I won't. I am fully able deal with these things on my own, I certainly don't want some wannabe volunteer poking their nose in.

totster :)

With the amount of complaining you do about them on here they would probably welcome it.

I'm sure you're right. Admitting errors and failings is not the Thai (or Asian) way, is it?

Simon

I'm sure you're right. Admitting errors and failings is not the Thai (or Asian) way, is it?

Simon

Finding "errors and failings" in a group which you belong then posting publicly about them repeatedly is not "the way" anywhere, I would think.

• Like 1

Finding "errors and failings" in a group which you belong then posting publicly about them repeatedly is not "the way" anywhere

This is going off-topic, but would you prefer that I say nothing? Would you prefer that Wal Brown and colleagues said nothing in this recent incident?

It is far better to call out failings when they occur, so that they can be addressed and a solution implemented so that the problem does not reoccur.

Raising matters like this out of the public gaze go nowhere, as I and others well know from past experience.

I have absolutely no problem to constructively criticise the police and to point out failings and areas for improvement. But unfortunately, were I to engage myself to that task in earnest, there would not be enough hours in a day to address the matterwhistling.gif

Coming back on topic, I am not party to the details of this resolution in Patong. I hope that the agreement reached will benefit 'the customers', rather than the 'service providers'.

Simon

Edited by simon43