Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

I believe that there is a code word, there has to be a code word! Or mabey its just a sound? Like cough three time or something like that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

God help us.

Sunshine51

Please don't let the truth or facts get in the way of someone determined to make a fool of themselves wink.png

"Roger That!" thumbsup.gif

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I don't think the aircraft has flown through the Southern portion of China but it's interesting they are now stating they are searching within the country. The last ping on the arc that has been published would perhaps indicate it to be in Western China. I am still thinking it has gone South.

I am not sure of what airports in Sri Lanka and India the they are referring to with a runway length of 1000 metres, but Male and Diego Garcia are substantially longer than that and it's not in either of those places. To be remotely close to landing this aircraft within 1000 metres it would have to be completely empty, touch down exactly on the threshold and have a nice strong headwind. You would then need to apply max manual braking. Add into the equation it being a disused airfield with no lighting then it becomes very unlikely to have happened.

Sad to read of families threatening to go on hunger strike due to lack of information. I personally don't think the Malaysians are withholding information, but find it as equally frustrating as we all do. Naive of me, perhaps.

Hi,

I don't think the aircraft has flown through the Southern portion of China but it's interesting they are now stating they are searching within the country. The last ping on the arc that has been published would perhaps indicate it to be in Western China. I am still thinking it has gone South.

I am not sure of what airports in Sri Lanka and India the they are referring to with a runway length of 1000 metres, but Male and Diego Garcia are substantially longer than that and it's not in either of those places. To be remotely close to landing this aircraft within 1000 metres it would have to be completely empty, touch down exactly on the threshold and have a nice strong headwind. You would then need to apply max manual braking. Add into the equation it being a disused airfield with no lighting then it becomes very unlikely to have happened.

Sad to read of families threatening to go on hunger strike due to lack of information. I personally don't think the Malaysians are withholding information, but find it as equally frustrating as we all do. Naive of me, perhaps.

This cannot be a standard hijack or ransom demands would have been issued already. You can stop a t7 very quickly if needed. The issue is not stopping it quickly on a short runway, that can be done, it is having enough runway or distance to get airborne again once you want to 'use' the aircraft for whatever purpose and have refueled it etc. Agreed, at night it would be pretty demanding with no lights. Were NVG's used, if so how did they get them on board? Too many questions.

Hi,

Khaosai...the runway lengths stated in the OP confused me as well & I'm not a pilot but

after working this story since it started and doing a lotta reading on the T7 a usable

runway length seems to be around 7K feet minimum. Old WWII runways are plenty

within the fuel limit arc however if I was a pilot I wouldn't attempt a landing on any of

these unless I positively knew the runway was in good shape. One can't find this out

using Google Earth either...one would have to visually inspect the runway(s) in question.

And yes...the flow of info is very frustrating...try to accurately report on anything said

by the Mal MOT....tis the same line over & over.

" I thought it would be fairly easy to take

advantage of gentleman jim's offer of $1000 to my favorite charity, but alas it is not"

Well why is that genius? Apply Occam's razor if you must. There is no code word, if there was do you think I would have offered any armchair idiot the chance to take $1000 off me. I can only hope you wasted absolute hours of your life scouring the internet for something that does not exist. With a couple of million pilots in the world one of them for sure would have spouted off the 'secret word' don't you think....but they haven't, why is that? I gave you a plausible explanation for your little tale you quoted from Australia, take it or leave it. Now concentrate on the thread, for the last time there are no code words. Your last sentence in your last post are the words of an utter mad man. What word was 'not used' in your opinion? What word must we use that could not possibly be used by accident in the millions of radio communications taking place every day, many of which are by people with English as a second language. 'Ovulation?, Umbrella?, Gravy?, bear in mind any word can not have a phonetically sounding equivalent in case it is misheard for the 'code word', and bear in mind that ATC would not be able to ask for confirmation if they thought they heard the word because that would give the game away with the hijackers who could now be in the cockpit listening to the RT. You are WRONG eyeswideopen, admit it and move on. Anybody that does find the code word, please be sure to PM it to the four pilots on here that have a collective experience of 100 years as we really don't know it and have never heard of it.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" Hamlet

Geez give it a rest. If your really are a pilot, you would of course

not be able to acknowledge such a code. People post differing views

on internet boards. Seems a bit petty to attack the person if your view

is different. Hope I never fly on your plane..... :-)

You just spoke the magic words. If your really are a pilot.

By the way, I can tell you that I'm a space ship pilot, and we don't have a code word . Just for clarification, I'm also forensic expert and a political adviser to some big political parties around the world.

Edited by JesseFrank

" I thought it would be fairly easy to take

advantage of gentleman jim's offer of $1000 to my favorite charity, but alas it is not"

Well why is that genius? Apply Occam's razor if you must. There is no code word, if there was do you think I would have offered any armchair idiot the chance to take $1000 off me. I can only hope you wasted absolute hours of your life scouring the internet for something that does not exist. With a couple of million pilots in the world one of them for sure would have spouted off the 'secret word' don't you think....but they haven't, why is that? I gave you a plausible explanation for your little tale you quoted from Australia, take it or leave it. Now concentrate on the thread, for the last time there are no code words. Your last sentence in your last post are the words of an utter mad man. What word was 'not used' in your opinion? What word must we use that could not possibly be used by accident in the millions of radio communications taking place every day, many of which are by people with English as a second language. 'Ovulation?, Umbrella?, Gravy?, bear in mind any word can not have a phonetically sounding equivalent in case it is misheard for the 'code word', and bear in mind that ATC would not be able to ask for confirmation if they thought they heard the word because that would give the game away with the hijackers who could now be in the cockpit listening to the RT. You are WRONG eyeswideopen, admit it and move on. Anybody that does find the code word, please be sure to PM it to the four pilots on here that have a collective experience of 100 years as we really don't know it and have never heard of it.

"The lady doth protest too much, methinks" Hamlet

Geez give it a rest. If your really are a pilot, you would of course

not be able to acknowledge such a code. People post differing views

on internet boards. Seems a bit petty to attack the person if your view

is different. Hope I never fly on your plane..... :-)

I think it is you that should give it a rest. You are now using as proof that there is a code word because you cant find one on the internet and we would not admit to it anyway. Brilliant.

I have not attacked you and certainly not for having a different view. You have presented complete nonesense and been told by several people that have done the job for a full career that there is no such code word. Faced with such information, anybody with a different view with even a modicum of intelligence would change that view, that is of course unless all that matters in their tiny little world is being right no matter what. Indeed it is 'petty' to refuse to modify your view when faced with the undeniable fact that you are wrong. As for flying on my aircraft, you never will. Here endeth my interaction with you, apart from the last word which no doubt you will have to type to try and cling to the idea that you are somehow correct or alternatively to satisfy some weird trolling self gratification.

I also am a licensed pilot with instrument rating for nearly 35+ years. I have also not heard of a secret word but not being a commercial pilot I can not say there is or is not, just not aware of it.

What I see though is a big hole in the concept and that is you hardly can use that same word year after year without it getting out in the open at some point. But if it is changed periodically, bi-annually, annually, the logistics seems to be prohibitive as it would have to be passed to all control centers and all airlines and their pilots. Again, to do that the odds of it getting loose is very high. I worked cryptography in the Air Force and we changed codes 2-3 times a day, more if there is even the slightest hint of it being accessed or certain scenarios changed so familiar with the complexities of code passing.

However, if may be possible there is a code(s) internal to individual airlines as the aircraft have contact with the airline ground support team at all times via radio. Keeping the code within the company and only using it through company channels and changed through some secure memorandum, is more feasible. That is if they use a code to company ground support crew it would then be passed on to the appropriate agencies.

Hi,

Khaosai...the runway lengths stated in the OP confused me as well & I'm not a pilot but

after working this story since it started and doing a lotta reading on the T7 a usable

runway length seems to be around 7K feet minimum. Old WWII runways are plenty

within the fuel limit arc however if I was a pilot I wouldn't attempt a landing on any of

these unless I positively knew the runway was in good shape. One can't find this out

using Google Earth either...one would have to visually inspect the runway(s) in question.

And yes...the flow of info is very frustrating...try to accurately report on anything said

by the Mal MOT....tis the same line over & over.

Hi,

Just went back to the manual to have a look. This aircraft had passengers, bags etc onboard so let's assume a landing weight of 200 tons, sea level airport, nil wind and a outside air temp of 15 degrees. Maximum auto brake has the aircraft stopping in 1600 metres. Maximum manual braking has it stopping in 1200 metres. Pretty close to that 1000 metre figure I guess. Your going to generate a lot of heat through the brakes using that technique which may lead to the tyres deflating. Then your stuck I guess.

Hi,

This cannot be a standard hijack or ransom demands would have been issued already. You can stop a t7 very quickly if needed. The issue is not stopping it quickly on a short runway, that can be done, it is having enough runway or distance to get airborne again once you want to 'use' the aircraft for whatever purpose and have refueled it etc. Agreed, at night it would be pretty demanding with no lights. Were NVG's used, if so how did they get them on board? Too many questions.

But was it night when it landed somewhere ?

The last radar contact was 8.11 am so it was already morning. If this was planned the pilots landed manually in daylight.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi,

The last radar contact was 8.11 am so it was already morning. If this was planned the pilots landed manually in daylight.

Hi,

Good point. 8:11 where tho. If thats Malay time then maybe just prior to sun up in Western China.

Hi,

But if we knew where it was 0811 then we would have half the mystery solved. It is 0811 many many times a day, all in different parts of the world. 0811 Malaysian time would be 0511 in Pakistan etc etc. IF they stole the aircraft it has been planned meticulously and not something that could have been done on the spur of the moment and I doubt they would blow those plans by arriving somewhere without the cover of darkness. unless they landed in the middle of a desert.

Malaysia requests Thailand's help over missing airliner's satellite signal

BANGKOK, 18 March 2014 (NNT) - The Foreign Affairs Ministry has made known that Malaysia is requesting Thailand’s assistance in providing vital information on the missing airliner’s whereabouts.

Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said his Malaysian counterpart contacted him on Tuesday to request information on the aircraft’s last satellite transmission before its mysterious disappearance on March 8.

The Malaysian authorities have calculated the plane’s diverted flight path and determined that it flew past Thailand at one point before contact with the control team was lost. They said Thailand’s satellite or radar may have picked up their signal, which will help provide more clues to the ongoing investigation.

The latest report suggested that the Malaysian airliner’s first turn to the west was carried out through a computer system that was most likely programmed by someone in the plane’s cockpit who was knowledgeable about airplane systems.

Malaysia has earlier asked for Thailand’s help regarding the two passports used by passengers to board the missing jet, which were stolen in the kingdom.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-03-18 footer_n.gif

BANGKOK, 18 March 2014 (NNT) - The Foreign Affairs Ministry has made known that Malaysia is requesting Thailand’s assistance in providing vital information on the missing airliner’s whereabouts.

Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul said his Malaysian counterpart contacted him on Tuesday to request information on the aircraft’s last satellite transmission before its mysterious disappearance on March 8.

The Malaysian authorities have calculated the plane’s diverted flight path and determined that it flew past Thailand at one point before contact with the control team was lost. They said Thailand’s satellite or radar may have picked up their signal, which will help provide more clues to the ongoing investigation.

The latest report suggested that the Malaysian airliner’s first turn to the west was carried out through a computer system that was most likely programmed by someone in the plane’s cockpit who was knowledgeable about airplane systems.

Malaysia has earlier asked for Thailand’s help regarding the two passports used by passengers to board the missing jet, which were stolen in the kingdom.

nntlogo.jpg

It begs to wonder just why the Mals have waited so long to ask this question...it's day 11 now.

nntlogo.jpg

It begs to wonder just why the Mals have waited so long to ask this question...it's day 11 now.

It also begs to wonder why the Thai's did not simply offer the assistance on day 2. Somebody somewhere in Thailand knew they had assets that would have picked up something.

Edited by GentlemanJim

i reckon the crew lost their mental faculties and just couldn't navigate any more ,flying at 45,000 just wouldn't happen under normal circumstances .intoxication by unknown substances or the air supply was contaminated for some reason .

they were of previous good character and no reason to believe they would carry out a hijack and no other possibles amongst the passengers so something very bizarre occurred in the cockpit .

i reckon the crew lost their mental faculties and just couldn't navigate any more ,flying at 45,000 just wouldn't happen under normal circumstances .intoxication by unknown substances or the air supply was contaminated for some reason .

they were of previous good character and no reason to believe they would carry out a hijack and no other possibles amongst the passengers so something very bizarre occurred in the cockpit .

As I understand it, the 45,000 feet story has its flaws.

MISSING MH 370
Thai Air Force radar may have picked up MH 370: ACM Prachin

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A Thai Air Force radar station in Surat Thani detected a passenger aircraft that departed from Malaysia but diverted and passed the port city of Butterworth, Malaysia, Thai Air Force's chief ACM Prajin Juntong said Tuesday.

The aircraft could then have flown to the Straits of Malacca, the general said, adding that this information confirmed what Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak said in a press conference concerning the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines' flight MH 370.

However, Prachin said, it has yet to be confirmed whether the aircraft detected by the Surat Thani radar station was actually the missing flight.

He was speaking as Malaysia is seeking the help of governments across a large expanse of Asia in the search for the Boeing 777, which has been missing since March 9 and had 239 people on board.

Najib said that the plane deliberately diverted from its flight path and new data showed the last communication between the missing plane and satellites, almost seven hours after it turned back and crossed the Malay peninsula.

Prachin said he would have the information handed over to Malaysian Air Force.

Meanwhile caretaker Foreign Minister Surapong Tohvichakchaikul said his Malaysian counterpart would call him to talk about cooperation in the search for the missing aircraft.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-18

Did anybody else just watch the daily news conference live from Malaysia ? Was a bit difficult to hear the questions and some answers. I was wondering if anybody heard what they were saying about passengers flying from Thailand that are now under suspicion ? Did they say that they're back looking at the 2 Iranians traveling on false passports ?

MISSING MH 370

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A Thai Air Force radar station in Surat Thani detected a passenger aircraft that departed from Malaysia but diverted and passed the port city of Butterworth, Malaysia, Thai Air Force's chief ACM Prajin Juntong said Tuesday.

The aircraft could then have flown to the Straits of Malacca, the general said, adding that this information confirmed what Malaysia's Prime Minister Najib Razak said in a press conference concerning the mysterious disappearance of Malaysia Airlines' flight MH 370.

However, Prachin said, it has yet to be confirmed whether the aircraft detected by the Surat Thani radar station was actually the missing flight.

He was speaking as Malaysia is seeking the help of governments across a large expanse of Asia in the search for the Boeing 777, which has been missing since March 9 and had 239 people on board.

Najib said that the plane deliberately diverted from its flight path and new data showed the last communication between the missing plane and satellites, almost seven hours after it turned back and crossed the Malay peninsula.

Meanwhile caretaker Foreign Minister Surapong Tohvichakchaikul said his Malaysian counterpart would call him to talk about cooperation in the search for the missing aircraft.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-03-18

Looks like the Thai military knows more about what's going on in Malaysian airspace than the Malaysian military does. I find that quite surprising.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=679123168812811

If you can listen Thai Language. No Eng sub.

This aircraft detected by The skin paint rader. I want to know how Malaysia explain this situation.

The “Skin Paint Mode” describes a radar indication mode on a color display caused by the reflected radar signal from an object. Mostly the targets are shown to as a symbol (small rectangle or rhomb) on the airborne radar diplay. These symbols are monochrome and have got their own separate layer with own brightness control. Here additional information can be shown using other channels too, channels like secondary radar (for cooperative aircrafts using transponder code), ACAS or TCAS. If the radar finds a target without a tranponder code it is declared a primary target. This target can be shown as a colored area on the display, or in the jargon of the pilots a “skin paint”.

Cr: http://www.radartutorial.eu/12.scopes/sc80.en.html

MISSING MH 370

The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2014-03-18

Looks like the Thai military knows more about what's going on in Malaysian airspace than the Malaysian military does. I find that quite surprising.

What I would find more interesting is, if they had any information at all, why has it taken 12 days to say anything. Surely the Thai military did know a plane went missing and could have flown over Thailand over a week ago? Maybe not?

No, I find it quite surprising that posters try to make something out of nothing.

The plane was not identified as the missing plan.

The plane was over Thai airspace.

I believe that there is a code word, there has to be a code word! Or mabey its just a sound? Like cough three time or something like that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Julie, I'm a pilot so make that 5 instead of the 4 that have been mentioned. I got my license in the late 1970's.

There are (who knows how many tens of thousands) of pilots in this world? Strange that none of them knows a "secret" code word. It wouldn't be a secret for long with that many pilots out there.

"Three people can keep a secret if two of them are dead." - Benjamin Franklin.

How many people on this board knew what a transponder was before this incident? How many still really understand what it looks like and how a pilot uses it from his seat?

How many knew what the work "squawk" meant? I think I used that word first on this topic, even if in an earlier thread.

How many on here knew that 7500 was the code for a hijacking? I think I mentioned that first here also. I'm not so sure that non-pilot hijackers recognize a transponder on instrument panel, or know that it's tuned to a frequency which is telling the world the plane is hijacked.

There is no secret code word. If there was it wouldn't be a secret.

No, I find it quite surprising that posters try to make something out of nothing.

The plane was not identified as the missing plan.

The plane was over Thai airspace.

I find it even more surprising - and quite funny - that posters try to be clever whilst simultaneously making an arse of themselves.

It wasn't over Thai airspace. It was picked up by a Thai radar station. The thing about radar, see, is that it can pick up things across national borders if you crank it up to setting number '11'.

How many people on this board knew what a transponder was before this incident? How many still really understand what it looks like and how a pilot uses it from his seat?

Hollywood has done this already ... the movie "Con Air" springs to mind. They take the transponder out of the plane and stow it on another one to evade detection.