Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

MISSING MH370
I saw the plane in Indian Ocean : Johor wife

30229770-01_big.jpg
Photo : EPA

A Johor housewife has claimed that she saw the stricken Malaysia Airlines plane partly submerged in the waters off the Andaman islands when she was returning to Kuala Lumpur after a pilgrimage to Mecca on March 8.

Raja Dalelah Raja Latife, 53, lodged a police report the same day. She said she had taken flight SV2058 that left Jeddah at 3.30am Saudi time (8.30am Malaysian time) and after the plane flew past the southern Indian city of Chennai, she saw something strange in the ocean.

"It looked like an aeroplane," said the mother of 10. "Throughout the journey, I was staring out of the window of the aircraft as I couldn't sleep during the flight.

"It is normal for me to look out of the window if I can't sleep during a flight. On my first trip to Beijing two years ago, I also stayed awake by looking out the window," she said.

The in-flight monitor in front her showed that the aircraft was crossing the Indian Ocean. The last city on the land mass showed Chennai.

"I had seen several shipping liners and islands from my window earlier. Then, I saw the silvery object. "I took a closer look and was shocked to see what looked like the tail and wing of an aircraft on the water," she said.

Raja Dalelah said she took another look and was sure it was an aircraft in the ocean. "I woke my friends in the flight but they laughed me off."

A pilot has also laughed off her claim. "Along any flight path, especially a long-haul one such as between Jeddah and Kuala Lumpur, the altitude of the plane will be maintained at around 35,000ft once it is in the air," said the pilot, who wished to remain anonymous.

"This is roughly seven miles above sea level. How can anyone see anything like a boat or ship on the ground from so high up?" he questioned.

Raja Dalelah, however, was sticking to her guns. "I know what I saw. I am convinced that I saw the aircraft. And I will not lie. I had just returned from my pilgrimage," she said.

She said that on March 14, she lodged another police report in Sentul, hoping the Department of Civil Aviation would take her seriously.

She said the aircraft had what looked like floats on its side but a large part of it was under water. "I clearly saw the time, it was about 9.30am (2.30pm Malaysian time)," she said.

She was also disappointed that when she told an air stewardess about what she had seen, the crew member closed the window and told her to get some sleep.

Raja Dalelah said when she landed at KL International Airport at 4pm, she told her children what she had seen. "That is when they told me that MH370 had gone missing.

"My son-in-law, a policeman, was convinced that I had seen an aircraft and asked me to lodge a police report the same day at Sentul police headquarters in Kuala Lumpur," she said.

Raja Dalelah said she did not know the exact spot where but said it was an hour or more out of Chennai, a timeline that would have put her flight just over the Andaman islands.

"My other children were afraid that I could be detained for filing a false report as we were told the aircraft had vanished somewhere in the South China Sea.

"Many of my friends on the flight doubted me at first but they are beginning to believe me now that we know the plane turned back and entered the Indian Ocean," she added.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-21

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It seems that there was a cargo of lithium ion batteries on board. These are apparently categorised as dangerous cargo and could be unstable at altitude and could catch fire if not transported correctly.

So the batteries turned off the transponder, turned off ACARS, programmed the navigation computer and....

<deleted>, why do I bother.

No...but a missile might..

Wow, a missile can do all that, that's some <deleted> missile.

I think governments are being too quiet or too obtuse about this. They can't be stupid enough to continue this misdirection and these contradictions without a reason.

Can you tell me what misdirection you've heard, other than that Inmarsat had to asked the British goverment to tell Malaysia they were looking in the wrong place, because Malaysia ignored them?

I just think the Malaysians are incompetent buffons.

Edited by Chicog

It seems that there was a cargo of lithium ion batteries on board. These are apparently categorised as dangerous cargo and could be unstable at altitude and could catch fire if not transported correctly.

So the batteries turned off the transponder, turned off ACARS, programmed the navigation computer and....

No...but a missile might..

Not 12 minutes apart. The ACARS was turned off 12 minutes after the transponder was turned off.

This was a human on board acting.

MISSING MH370

I saw the plane in Indian Ocean : Johor wife

30229770-01_big.jpg

Photo : EPA

A Johor housewife has claimed that she saw the stricken Malaysia Airlines plane partly submerged in the waters off the Andaman islands when she was returning to Kuala Lumpur after a pilgrimage to Mecca on March 8.

A pilot has also laughed off her claim. "Along any flight path, especially a long-haul one such as between Jeddah and Kuala Lumpur, the altitude of the plane will be maintained at around 35,000ft once it is in the air," said the pilot, who wished to remain anonymous.

"This is roughly seven miles above sea level. How can anyone see anything like a boat or ship on the ground from so high up?" he questioned.

Did she claim to have met Allah as well ?

I think governments are being too quiet or too obtuse about this. They can't be stupid enough to continue this misdirection and these contradictions without a reason.

Can you tell me what misdirection you've heard, other than that Inmarsat had to asked the British goverment to tell Malaysia they were looking in the wrong place, because Malaysia ignored them?

The US says that its satellite info shows that the plane went either North toward China or S. toward Australia. Oh wait. We were also told that it turned within an hour of leaving Malaysia and headed back toward Malaysia. No, then we were told that it turned in the black hole just before it would have taken a handoff to Vietnam and went West.

They don't know whether it went N. or S. or W. But somehow they know that it flew for several hours after turning off its communications.

I'm throwing the BS flag. They know more than they are telling us.

That something could be that there are hostage negotiations going on in the no-man's land in N. Pakistan or something entirely different from that.

Edited by NeverSure

(I was not allowed to attach the following Post with the attached details... So I did next best to get around it!! - David)

Back-Track a little here.....

Not that I think someone was not well funded... Think this again...

Steal... or Buy... Which is cheaper??

Which option keeps you supposidly Hidden until needed...??

Or if the other option was something on the Flight they wanted... (2 Birds One Stone...???)

Noth the other topic... The American AWAC that was Hanging around KL at same time as MH370 departed? Radar kept trying to ID it and it kept kicking back signal... Finally at Jet speed shot from just east of flight to get out of radar range to the north east. In fact the are several aircraft just east of KL trying to fool Radar screen...

There is a response where this is actually shown in this forum a day or 2 ago....

Edited by davidstipek

The US says that its satellite info shows that the plane went either North toward China or S. toward Australia. Oh wait. We were also told that it turned within an hour of leaving Malaysia and headed back toward Malaysia. No, then we were told that it turned in the black hole just before it would have taken a handoff to Vietnam and went West.

They don't know whether it went N. or S. or W. But somehow they know that it flew for several hours after turning off its communications.

Of course they do.

..and they ain't gonna tell you now.

File under 'Mystery'

They have looked at things off the coast of 'Nam and that was supposed to be wreckage. We have a definitive statement from Australia that they found it. The search area has continually widened until it covers half the world.

They know it kept flying for several hours, but not where?

They say the weather is too bad to search off Australia, but the US has Orions on site that can see through clouds and into water and in the dark using SAR radar.

It doesn't dawn on them to use refueling tankers, so each plane can spend only about 2 hours on site. Some civilian asks about mid-air refueling and is told in a surprised way that they should look into that.

I think this whole search is a scam to misdirect the public. I think surely they know where it is. I suspect secret hostage negotiations with the bad guys keeping the plane and whatever was on it they wanted.

There can really only be 2 explanations I think

1. Total incompetence

2. Total deliberate obfuscation

I still get the impression that no-one is actually, urgently, looking for the plane. OK a lot of 'activity'.

I suspect 2 is the answer. The question is why?

Very,,, VERY simple,,, a pilot, because of an, "emergency" pulls busses on the comm,,,, AUTOMATIC,,, the, "black box",,, IMMEADIATELY,,, transmits an, SOS,, etc,,, with ALL data up to that point,,, then with it's OWN, SEPPERATE battery,, (NOT rocket science)...records what happened after,,,,, My POINT?,,, if a pilot deliberately pulls busses on the comms,,, THERE'S OBVIOUSLY A FREAKING PROBLEM!!!!!!! SO it flew for another 8 hours,,, black boxes, CONTINUALLY transmitting data,,, wether the pilot WANT'S it to or NOT!!!!!!!

That something could be that there are hostage negotiations going on in the no-man's land in N. Pakistan or something entirely different from that.

If you look for fact and separate it from speculation, we know ACARS transmitted a manual course change West; we know ACARS and the transponders were turned off minutes apart, which implies manually; and we know Inmarsat got pings from the plane on an arc running from the Indian Ocean north until 08:11am.

You can throw all the flags you want, I think that's all they know.

theres an armada of ships headed to the area and will be on station over the weekend and more arriving all the time ,no doubt the yanks have a nuclear sub on the way too to listen for pings but they dont confirm on sub movement details

If you look for fact and separate it from speculation, we know ACARS transmitted a manual course change West; we know ACARS and the transponders were turned off minutes apart, which implies manually; and we know Inmarsat got pings from the plane on an arc running from the Indian Ocean north until 08:11am.

and to turn of ACARS mean going down into a hatch under the cockpit with the spanners to undo the wires or pull a breaker

So why are they looking off Australia where they are? Why did they look off Vietnam?

The black line with the square on the end represents the satellite's position. The two red arcs represent where it calculated the plane might have flown. Either NW or SW. It doesn't know!! ??

Note that if it went NW, it would have passed (or landed) very close to the no-man's land controlled by Al Qeada in N. Pakistan. And yes there are airfields there. That's where Bin Laden was hiding when killed.

New York Times

clues3-clues4.png

Edited by NeverSure

Beijing - Chinese scientists have detected a "sea-floor event" that could be linked to missing flight MH370 hitting the sea bed, state media said on Friday.

The event was recorded at 2:55 am Saturday (1855 GMT Friday) in waters between Malaysia and Vietnam, the Xinhua news agency quoted seismologists and physicists at University of Science and Technology of China as saying.

nationmultimedia.com

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/article/1448353/us-suggests-search-missing-flight-expand-indian-ocean-mh370-satellite

Edited by 3NUMBAS

Beijing - Chinese scientists have detected a "sea-floor event" that could be linked to missing flight MH370 hitting the sea bed, state media said on Friday.

The event was recorded at 2:55 am Saturday (1855 GMT Friday) in waters between Malaysia and Vietnam, the Xinhua news agency quoted seismologists and physicists at University of Science and Technology of China as saying.

nationmultimedia.com

http://www.scmp.com/news/asia/article/1448353/us-suggests-search-missing-flight-expand-indian-ocean-mh370-satellite

Thanks for posting some news that was posted a week ago as well.

I believe this quoted price of $10 per flight is wholesale and not retail. Assuming that this software upgrade would retail at $20 per flight. For a carrier like MH, (pure supposition here), assuming 100 flights per day, this would come to $730,000 per annum. No longer peanuts unfortunately.

It is peanuts. If you divvied that up per ticket, it's nothing.

Try telling that to the bean counters smile.png

The Bean counters are not permitted to ignore FAA, CAA, DGCA orders.

What BS are you talking about? Upgrading the software is an optional item, not mandated.

No. There is a possibility that the lithium ion batteries could have started a fire in the cargo compartment. Why do you think this point would have been brought up is that is not being considered?

Incidentally, why do you bother?

The news that missing Malaysia Flight 370 was transporting lithium-ion batteries in the cargo hold will come as little surprise to the former head of security for the United States’ Federal Aviation Administration.

Billie Vincent who served as the FAA’s civil aviation security chief insisted from the outset that rather than portraying the crew of the missing Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 as saboteurs, the pilots struggled heroically to save the aircraft until overcome by smoke from a catastrophic cargo fire caused – or exacerbated – by its lithium battery cargo.

http://www.airtrafficmanagement.net/2014/03/lithium-cargo-clue-to-fate-of-mh370/

A second reason that throws doubt on a cargo fire scenario is that the pilots of MH370, if they followed proper emergency procedure, would have both been using emergency oxygen masks, protecting them from toxic gas. “There are microphones in the masks, so they would have advised air traffic control of their intentions as they attempted an emergency return,” he says. Finally, there remain doubts as to whether – even if the autopilot remained engaged – an aircraft would be capable of flying for seven hours. “A catastrophic end should have happened much sooner, even if they tried to depressurise the cabin to reduce the fire.”

1.Steal some Intellectual Property by hacking computer systems, take the innovators hostage and extract key bits of information, then "bury" the originating source.

2. Get your bond markets attacked by a super power in retaliation.

The Bean counters are not permitted to ignore FAA, CAA, DGCA orders.

What BS are you talking about? Upgrading the software is an optional item, not mandated.

Sorry to have to explain it to you. Read slowly, eh?

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/airworthiness_directives/

http://www.caa.co.uk/default.aspx?catid=1443

Either body can mandate the change through a directive if they see fit.

And they should in this case, since it's so cheap.

How is this for a crazy theory?

There is something very sensitive on board (either cargo or more likely a passenger).

After takeoff plane is commandeered by US, either by people on board or remotely. There are some weird flight movements to be seen on some flight tracking sites in the proximity of mas370 just before it turned around. Could be another plane monitoring the operation.

Mas370 is seen on primary radar flying west, then doing a short stint north towards Phuket, then back west towards Nicobar Islands. All to avoid as much radar detection as possible. Also corresponds with eyewitness accounts from Malaysia.

Then mas370 lands at Campbell Bay airport on Great Nicobar, which is just West of where primary radar loses the plane completely. Runway is very short so plane most likely gets damaged, but regardless can't take off because runway is too short for that.

The target cargo or passenger is then taken of the plane and transported to Car Nicobar island, via helicopter, where a CIA rendition plane is waiting. This plane takes off with the target cargo or passenger and heads to Diego Garcia. It is flying very low to avoid radar. Eyewitnesses see a low flying plane over one of the southern Maldives Islands. This is on route to Diego Garcia and time of sighting fits perfectly as well. They talk of a red striped plane, which fits with a 737-600 rendition plane used by the CIA to transport prisoners.

Mas370 is subsequently towed of the Campbell bay runway into the ocean, which is immediately next to it. At this time another flight passes over and and an eyewitness claims she sees a plane floating of the coast of some island near Andaman and Nicobar Islands. Mas370 is dragged 50 NM northeast to open water and made to sink.

Nearly two weeks later, when people are starting to doubt the Inmarsat sat ping data, and some countries who initially stopped searching in the andaman sea because of Inmarsat data, might be inclined to resume searching there. At that point US decides to remove any and all evidence by blowing the plane -now on the seafloor- to smithereens via a series of controlled demolitions. Hence the recording of a series of strong earthquakes this evening so close to Great Nicobar, yet not on the fault line which runs on the opposite line of that ridge, and measured at only 6-10kms deep.

Now, time to sleep. My brain hurts!

Edited by Gulfsailor

Interestingly, a bloke from Inmarsat said that you could report a plane's position for $10 a flight.

Not exactly breaking the bank, is it?

I believe this quoted price of $10 per flight is wholesale and not retail. Assuming that this software upgrade would retail at $20 per flight. For a carrier like MH, (pure supposition here), assuming 100 flights per day, this would come to $730,000 per annum. No longer peanuts unfortunately.

Less than $0.10 per seat is peanuts- less than $0.05 on a wide body.

Yeah, if you could just run down to Happy Harry's Discount and buy it. But by the time it gets through government bureaucrats, regulators, overseers, studies, reports, reviewers, politicians, staffs, contracts, acquisition, auditors, maintenance, parts support, tax, inspectors and enforcement, it'll no longer be 10c per seat!! It'll add $100 to the price of a ticket. At least.

24 meter debris, that can't be a container but a lot of stuff is floating in the ocean. Probably not the plane imo.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Some shipping guy said the containers are locked to each other on the ships. So it could be 2 40ft containers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Interestingly, a bloke from Inmarsat said that you could report a plane's position for $10 a flight.

Not exactly breaking the bank, is it?

A General Aviation expert said on BBC last week that private juts use it. It costs about 1500USD to install and 1 USD/hour to use.