Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

Missing Malaysia Airlines plane: 5 theories on what could have happened to MH370

1. Act of terrorism

2. Explosion on board

3. Mechanical fault

4. Sudden stall of the plane

5. Pilot fault

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/missing-mas-plane/story/missing-malaysia-airlines-plane-5-theories-what-could-have-hap

The story includes explanations of each of the scenarios, what has happened in past accident as well as some quotes related to the current event. Worth of reading.

Pilot com pliancy ?

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So the Italian and Austrian stolen passport holders board a flight with a connection in Beijing to Europe. Maybe it would be possible to get past immigration with that in KUL. But I don't think it would be so easy to enter any European country using stolen European passports.

Looks to me like they never intended to reach their destination.

scenario often used,

A person is arrested an jailed, He than escapes and gets a fake passport. He than uses his stolen passport he brought to buy a ticket to another country. He than smuggles himself into a 2nd country, In the country he goes to his embassy which will issue him a NEW good passport.

In flight he destroys the stolen passport an arrives at his final destination with his new real passport.

OK arrested./jailed in Thailand.

Buys stolen passport in Bangkok, buys a ticket from KL- Amsterdam via Bejing,

travels to Malaysia, gets into Malaysia via land border, applies for and gets new real passport, passes malay immigration with stolen passport , destroys stolen passport on board arrives in Amsterdam with valid passport

flys out at KL

Or just buys stolen passport for whatever reason in Bangkok an .....

Does not need be a terrorists.

Still does not explain where the pane went but can be used to rule out terrorism.

So he gets to Amsterdam immigration and hands the officer his newly reissued and unused passport. There are no entry or exit stamps in his passport from China. So the officer obviously asks "So you just arrived from China. Where is your visa and Chinese immigration stamps? Where have you been?". Then he swipes the passport into the system and sees that it was issued to the passenger in Malaysia.

Nope. Hardly possible this would work.

Happens with dual nationals all the time.

There is little or no passport control inside the EU on EU nationals entering. My kids leave Thailand on a thai passport and enter Britain on a british.

The british passport never has a thai visa on it.

I read somewhere that the 2 stolen passport holders were booked through to Amsterdam, so the chances are they are just illegal immigrants since their stolen EU passports will not be checked on arrival. They don't need a visa for China as they are in transit.

latest news...

Malaysian Airlines now giving a public update ....

Official basically indicated that there was no new news on locating the missing aircraft.

Official was asked by Reuters ... Who is Malaysian airlines insurance company , Malaysian airlines official responded that this will be indicated at a later date.

Malaysian airlines official was very vague on answering any questions asked by reporters from all agencies.

The debris found in the ocean was not that from the aircraft.

I should think there are several insurers including Cover More and Etiqa.

MAS is obviously hopelessly ill equipped to deal with the situation.

I should thing the folks at Air Asia are having a fit that the damage this is doing to Malaysian credibility.

So the Italian and Austrian stolen passport holders board a flight with a connection in Beijing to Europe. Maybe it would be possible to get past immigration with that in KUL. But I don't think it would be so easy to enter any European country using stolen European passports.

scenario often used,

A person is arrested an jailed, He than escapes and gets a fake passport. He than uses his stolen passport he brought to buy a ticket to another country. He than smuggles himself into a 2nd country, In the country he goes to his embassy which will issue him a NEW good passport.

In flight he destroys the stolen passport an arrives at his final destination with his new real passport.

travels to Malaysia, gets into Malaysia via land border, applies for and gets new real passport, passes malay immigration with stolen passport , destroys stolen passport on board arrives in Amsterdam with valid passport

flys out at KL

Still does not explain where the pane went but can be used to rule out terrorism.

So he gets to Amsterdam immigration and hands the officer his newly reissued and unused passport. There are no entry or exit stamps in his passport from China. So the officer obviously asks "So you just arrived from China. Where is your visa and Chinese immigration stamps? Where have you been?". Then he swipes the passport into the system and sees that it was issued to the passenger in Malaysia.

There is little or no passport control inside the EU on EU nationals entering. My kids leave Thailand on a thai passport and enter Britain on a british.

1. I don't think the Italian or the Austrian were dual nationals of Malaysia

2. AMS immigration swipes the passport into the system (and they do that in AMS) and sees that the passport is new and issued in Malaysia due to a "lost" passport. But there is no Malaysia exit stamp in it.

3. Although the passport was issued in Malaysia, the passenger has just arrived on a one-way ticket from PEK, and he also doesn't have a Chinese visa, entry stamp or exit stamp.

I'm just guessing that the immigration officer might send such a person to secondary for a bit of a chat.

I read somewhere that the 2 stolen passport holders were booked through to Amsterdam, so the chances are they are just illegal immigrants since their stolen EU passports will not be checked on arrival. They don't need a visa for China as they are in transit.

Why would they fly Malaysia - China - Amsterdam if you can fly Malaysia - Amsterdam ?

If they booked to China only they would need to obtain visas to board the plane. As they used European passports they can book to Amsterdam without visas.

2. AMS immigration swipes the passport into the system (and they do that in AMS) and sees that the passport is new and issued in Malaysia due to a "lost" passport. But there is no Malaysia exit stamp in it.

3. Although the passport was issued in Malaysia, the passenger has just arrived on a one-way ticket from PEK, and he also doesn't have a Chinese visa, entry stamp or exit stamp.

I'm just guessing that the immigration officer might send such a person to secondary for a bit of a chat.

The immigration officer in Amsterdam doesn't know where you come from, and also doesn't care about that, his concern is which passport holder want to enter Europe.

Why would they fly Malaysia - China - Amsterdam if you can fly Malaysia - Amsterdam ?

Because it's cheaper ? ;)

For good reasons - such as cheap flights

For bad reasons - such as hijacking a Southern China (code share) flight

The immigration officer in Amsterdam doesn't know where you come from, and also doesn't care about that, his concern is which passport holder want to enter Europe.

thank you, some people just don't get it,

does not need Chinese visa as they are booked thru to Holland

We used to fly to Amsterdam via Moscow.even though we could fly direct

why, cause it was dirt cheap!!

Because it's cheaper ? wink.png

I doubt that making a detour to China to get to Europe will make it cheaper. Take note that from Amsterdam they had another connecting flight within Europe.

Sad news. Was it not a 777 from Turkish Airlines that crashed on on aproach to Schipol? I also think an AF 777 crashed on the way from an African island on the way to CDG? Another BA 777 crashed at Heathrow?

The reports say its very safe but maybe it has a slightly chequered past. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Very sad.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Turkish airlines flight into schipol was a Boeing-737

They just entered from thailand. The passport had been stolen. So would have had valid visas.

They enter malaysia on a tourist visa by road?. If it doesn't flash a problem they are free to come and go.

Its not a new passport, its a stolen passport. The visas would have been ok. If this comes about to have been stolen it makes Thailand look terrible.

The passport should have flashed up when whoever had it exited Thailand . That is where it was stolen, and thus the thai immigration system should have caught it.

Just shows what a den of international fraud Thailand is.

And who said they exited Thailand on the stolen passport ?

Maybe the exited on their own passport and entered Malaysia on the stolen one.

And you think that a passport that was stolen 2 years ago will have valid visa in it ?

Don't flight recorders have a transmitter in them to aid recovery after an air crash?

Any comments?

All have an ELT (Emergency Location Transmitter) that activates on impact or manually. It sends out an emergency signal for 30 days or more. If under water, it can still be seen but distance may be shortened depending on water depth.

Also both the FDR (flight deck recorder) and the CVR (cockpit voice recorder) black boxes (orange) have ''Pingers'', sending out signals to make it easier to locate them.

scenario often used,

flys out at KL

They just entered from thailand. The passport had been stolen. So would have had valid visas.

They enter malaysia on a tourist visa by road?. If it doesn't flash a problem they are free to come and go.

Its not a new passport, its a stolen passport. The visas would have been ok. If this comes about to have been stolen it makes Thailand look terrible.

The passport should have flashed up when whoever had it exited Thailand . That is where it was stolen, and thus the thai immigration system should have caught it.

thailand doesnt need any help in looking terrible ,they can manage that very well on their own

still thailand is at least partly responsible if the stolen passports have been in thailand for two years

and were used 24 hours before the flight to buy tickets in pattaya

did the travel agents computer sell them tickets on stolen passports?

did they fly into malaysia or cross a land border ?

did they pay 20,000thb each in overstay fines ?

did the thai immigration not notice the passports were stolen either ?

a lot of funny "coincidences " led up to this tradgedy where security was either circumvented or non existant in maybe a dozen of places

before they got on that plane

Why is my comment being posted with 'oldsailor35''s username ?! blink.png

Because the experts on everything on Thaivisa don't know how to properly quote a post ?

Can't be expert on such a simple thing as well coffee1.gif

And some are so expert they even post twice

This time, it took TWO YEARSw00t.gif to locate the wreckage:

On June 1, 2009, Air France flight 447 was en route from Rio De Janeiro to Paris' Charles de Gaulle International Airport when communications ended suddenly from the Airbus A330, another state-of-the-art aircraft.

"One of the first things we had was a series of ACARS messages that showed failure of the aircraft and degradation of the systems," Quest said. "What we didn't know was why. We knew what had gone wrong; we knew how it had gone wrong; we didn't know why it had gone wrong."

It took four searches over the course of nearly two years to locate the bulk of flight 447's wreckage and the majority of the 228 bodies in a mountain range deep under the ocean. It took even longer to find the cause of the disaster.

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/08/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-jet-missing/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

yes it is true. But the searching area was much much huger than in this case.

I am thinking about Uighur separatists from China or Southern Thai Islamic extremists, but why would they attack a Malaysian airline ,which belongs to an Islamic country ?That's murky.

I am afraid a very dark page of history has been written. Let's get prepared for some shocking details.

Because both groups are Muslim extremists and want to cause harm to other, more moderate, Muslims who don't go along with their views? Perhaps they are trying to foment trouble for moderate Muslims?

Duh .. It ain't rocket science ...

And you think that a passport that was stolen 2 years ago will have valid visa in it ?

If someone's been using it for 2 years, why not.

I had a passport of my own that was passed out to Burma by my company to renew a visa. I never left.

It would be pretty risky to leave Malaysia without a valid entry. Corruption or a valid entry Malay visa would be necessary.

I can't go to bed, but have to get up pretty early tomorrow. They could have crashed anywhere, maybe in Cambodia?

There're certain areas where nobody lives. No more hope, as not one cell phone call was made. It really hurts.-wai2.gif

Because it's cheaper ? wink.png

I doubt that making a detour to China to get to Europe will make it cheaper. Take note that from Amsterdam they had another connecting flight within Europe.

Actually it can be a whole lot cheaper, like a previous poster I have done Bangkok - Amsterdam via Moscow (but only once and never again - Aeroflot is NOT my favorite airline!), now I go via China. It's like flying to LAX via anywhere in Asia versus direct on Thai - it's cheaper to fly premium economy via Taipei or Narita than to fly 'discount economy' on Thai.

If someone's been using it for 2 years, why not.

I had a passport of my own that was passed out to Burma by my company to renew a visa. I never left.

It would be pretty risky to leave Malaysia without a valid entry. Corruption or a valid entry Malay visa would be necessary.

The paasport was stolen 2 years ago e.g. nobody was using it the past 2 years.

Your company has some has some pretty illegal practices . Are they even registered ?

Whats this world coming to........ 18 pages and not one mention of Space Alien capture for cross human reproductive experiments.

This is the most likely explanation.... heck with all those modern traction devices, magnetic fields, vapor suckers and transporting devices, I think it is pretty obvious that it is either the Klignons or the Romulans... that is my educated guess....

Archived