Missing Malaysia Airlines jet carrying 239 triggers Southeast Asia search

webfact

What are the chances of two stolen passports, both stolen at separate times and places, of accidentally turning up on board the same downed aircraft ?

The work of Chinese ethnic separatist groups maybe ? A lot more to come on this story.

IMHO the terrorist angle is the most likely scenario at the moment given the lack of any wreckage being found.

Tickets on the stolen passports were -according to receipts- both purchased from an agent in PYX. That's Pattaya....

Do you have a source fort this information ?

Just on CNN, purchased with Thai baht and they brought them together an were NOT stopping in China but had onward tickets to Amsterdam

the other 2 are still beng treated as "suspicious" but not on stolen passports. whatever that means

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait a minute. If one of the stolen passport used by the terrorists was Italian, that means it was stamped with a Chinese visa, because Italians need a visa to enter China. So that supposed terrorist had used a stolen passport to go to the Chinese consulate, getting a visa without problems and than boarded the plane without any trouble.

is that not a record of the stolen passport numbers ??? Nobody noticed anything ? The picture and the guy who used the passport.... very strange

Let's expect much tighter controls allover the world now if some neglicence is found.

Edited: If they were in transit to Amsterdam, they didn t need a Chinese visa.

Anyway, there is still the negligence of MA regarding a guy using a passport which was stolen in 2012 without being detected.

Just on CNN, purchased with Thai baht and they brought them together an were NOT stopping in China but had onward tickets to Amsterdam

the other 2 are still beng treated as "suspicious" but not on stolen passports. whatever that means

Ok got it, so they didn t need a Chinese visa if they were supposed to be in transit...

This is a photo purportedly showing a debris field taken by a

passenger on an MH flight from Beijing to Kuala Lumpur that

safely landed in KL this morning. Story link is below the photo.

attachicon.gif6aca1bebjw1ee97m3krz1j20xc18gtdf.jpg

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1444179/new-possible-sighting-debris-sea-china-sends-warships-join-search-missing

"The poster, whose profile information says he is a banker working for China Minsheng Bank in Beijing, wrote that he took the snaps from his window at a height of 11,000 metres, at about 6.45am on Sunday."

It really looks like debris of the missing plane.

How can the authorities not know where this is, when a flight passenger had made such a photo on same route?

Unbelievable.-rolleyes.gif

It looks like debris that can come from many sources, not necessarily a airplane.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hmmm. I wonder if the two stolen passports issue is just monkeys bangin on typewriters.

I mean, if all of the passengers on ANY commercial flight where put under the microscope wouldn't one always find a couple of dodgy passports?

The boeing 777 was reportedly carrying 239 passengers. So 2/239x100 = 0.836 %.

Yep that sounds about right to me...a bit under 1% of the passegers on any flight have dodgy passports.

Of course one could also argue that the percentage of dodgy passports on a flight could also be higher in third world and developing countries.

The Italian and Austrian passport holders bought their consecutively numbered tickets at the same place same time. Dont't know about the other 2 suspected.

I don't believe in coincidence.

Can anyone put the following co-ordinates, issued by Malaysia Airlines, into a format for Google Maps... 065515 North (longitude) and 1033443 East (latitude)

N06.5515, E103.3443 works on google earth and google maps ... it's 150km offshore, will google maps help ??

Sea depth is around 50 metres.

Cheers

If they were the Uighurs, is this the first time the Uighur separatists managed to blow off a plane ?

I don't remember other cases. That's scaring. This would mean they managed to take a step ahead.

Can anyone put the following co-ordinates, issued by Malaysia Airlines, into a format for Google Maps... 065515 North (longitude) and 1033443 East (latitude)

N06.5515, E103.3443

That should do it for you....apols for a repeat post from above.

Italian and Austrian passports. The Italian name "Luigi Maraldi" indicates ethnic Italian i.e. European appearance. Austrian is likely Caucasian too. Not the best choices for terrorists of the usual origin, though still wouldn't rule it out.

In Xinjiang, there are ethnic peoples with blue eyes.

Looks like we might have another possible ringer passenger here:

07:59 GMT - Another passport - Chinese state media is reporting that a Chinese person whose passport number is among those listed for passengers aboard the missing flight did not in fact board the plane.

According to the Xinhua news agency the person, a resident of Fujian province in eastern China, has no departure record and is still in Fujian.

Although the passport number is the same, the name listed by Malaysia Airlines for the passenger is, it says, adding the owner says he has never lost his passport.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/malaysia-airlines-investigation-live-report-042933746.html

Just a question

how low must a 777 airline fly to be under radar ?

could the communication be switched off by organized Hijackers ?

I've been wondering the same thing.

At one of this morning's press conferences held by the lineup of Malaysian officials, a reporter asked if it was possible for all transmissions to be deactivated on a 777 during flight. Nobody gave a straight yes or no answer. Anybody from TV with relevant experience who can answer here?

Is the chance that the plane was diverted and landed in an isolated place at all possible?

Maybe terrorists mailed in a message but the letter got lost in the mail?

But it would mean they are 2 isolated terrorists not related with any group.

Otherwise, the group would have claimed responsability.

That's strange.

I am thinking about Uighur separatists from China or Southern Thai Islamic extremists, but why would they attack a Malaysian airline ,which belongs to an Islamic country ?That's murky.

I am afraid a very dark page of history has been written. Let's get prepared for some shocking details.

in the eyes of Islamic extremists, those Muslims who fail to take up jihad against the Western infidels are almost as guilty as infidels themselves...

Having said that, the majority of passengers are listed as Chinese, and probably that is normal for this flight, so it seems less likely that people from a Muslim country were the target

That could lead us towards the Uighur separatists, the same group who organized that horrible stabbing spree in Kunming few days ago.

But how the other forumist said, this perfile https://www.facebook.com/luigi.maramaraldi of the italian guy whose passport was stolen and used to board the flight, is barely a face which could resemble an Uighur or a Malay.

If they changed the photographs, the name , nationality and place of birth is still Luigi Mara from Cesena, Italy.

Everything is very murky, we are just trying to guess what happened, but the whole story is really scaring.

Check out Luigi's Facebook page and his favourite TV shows. One of them is 'Lost'.

Italian and Austrian passports. The Italian name "Luigi Maraldi" indicates ethnic Italian i.e. European appearance. Austrian is likely Caucasian too. Not the best choices for terrorists of the usual origin, though still wouldn't rule it out.

In Xinjiang, there are ethnic peoples with blue eyes.

There are, but they don't look like Caucasians anyway.

They are more similar to Turks, which share the origin with.

New possible sighting of debris at sea as China sends warships to join search for missing Malaysian Airlines flight

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/article/1444179/new-possible-sighting-debris-sea-china-sends-warships-join-search-missing

6aca1bebjw1ee97m3krz1j20xc18gtdf.jpg?ito
photo;South China Morning Post

The photo sure looks like debris floating on the water to me. Obviously closer inspection by the China Navy will confirm either way.

I have an "aircraft investigation" theory.

The aircraft suffered serious electronic and comms failure. (confirmed)

The aircraft turned back heading south. (confirmed)

The aircraft landed in the sea without breaking up 20 miles south of last contact. (oil slick found 20 miles south)

The aircraft sank suddenly or they where unable to open the emergency doors and it eventually sank. (a distress beacon was received 20 miles south of last contact)

Looks like we might have another possible ringer passenger here:

07:59 GMT - Another passport - Chinese state media is reporting that a Chinese person whose passport number is among those listed for passengers aboard the missing flight did not in fact board the plane.

According to the Xinhua news agency the person, a resident of Fujian province in eastern China, has no departure record and is still in Fujian.

Although the passport number is the same, the name listed by Malaysia Airlines for the passenger is, it says, adding the owner says he has never lost his passport.

http://my.news.yahoo.com/malaysia-airlines-investigation-live-report-042933746.html

It's getting weirder and weirder....

How could that happened ?

I start to think about a possible complicity inside the Malaysian Airlines.

Maybe I am wrong. But with all controls there are now, how could have this happened ?

It has been reported on nz news that there may have been 4 people on board with stolen passports

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

More than likely those stolen passports represented human traffickers that were on board.

And even more likely......

Quite a few Syrians use the Damaskus, Phuket, Bejing route in order to gain asylum

in some European countries and most of them use fake or stolen passports.

New possible sighting of debris at sea as China sends warships to join search for missing Malaysian Airlines flight

I don't think this is debris from the crash. The time of the photo was 6:30am, but the timezone was not told. It might be pre dawn.

- The size of these pieces would be huge to be shown from the airplane.

- It's still dark, so every piece would have to be quite light colored

- Pieces are in relatively small group. Winds, currents etc should break it down quite fast.

There has been more realistic sound speculations for the "debris".

- Squid fishers with the lights on

- Some people who fly often on the route mentioned that there is many flower greenhouses which speed up the growing process by using artificial lights during the nights in Vietnam.

.. Just speculations, naturally.

Please see my modified photo and you'll understand that this isn't from a crashed plane. All speculations..

post-108180-0-16001900-1394354009_thumb.

Thoughts are with the Famalies and Friends of those on board. Hoping for miracles for those presumed lost.

Reports of Stolen Passports of foreigners in Thailand is not a shock.

Thai Authorities do little or nothing to prevent Passport Scams.

Passport security is often a Big Problem in Thailand where many tour and rental agents "Require" a Foreign Passport as "Insurance" when Renting such things as a motorcycle.

Foreigners are often "Forced to either surrender their Passport as "Security Insurance" or Not be able to Rent the motorcycle, car, etc." where the passport could possibly be "Compromised or Stolen" and the passport holder told the entrusted person "Lost" their passport.

Thai Police are notorious for not following thru or properly investigating and resolving crimes in Thailand, leaving these unscrupulous persons free to sell these "Stolen Passports" on the Black Market and continue their illegal activity of demanding Passports as "Security Insurance".

Also Steeling a foreigner's Passport is a big Black Market Business in Thailand.

A couple years ago in a local Farang Pub, I personally witnessed a proclaimed Thai Tour Agent attempting to Steal a Foreigner's Passport from his pants pocket while the foreigner was intoxicated. I intervened and stopped the theft, but I was put in a precarious position of everyone, farang and locals saying "I know that guy" and "he is a good guy and wouldn't do that". Needless to say, I have never seen this "Trusted Person" again on my subsequent visits to that Pub.

I hope this Malaysian Airlines incident was not a Terrorist Act involving the use of Stolen Passports from Thailand.

Thai Authorities should look into measures to properly "Enforce and Prosecute those persons who "Extort or Require" the use of Foreign Passports as a means of "Security Insurance".

Thailand is now in the World Spotlight with suspicions of the Stolen Passports being listed on the Passenger Manifest of the Malaysian Airlines disappearance.

Thai Authorities do little or nothing to prevent Passport Scams.

Congratulation even on such a topic someone manage to start real Thai bashingthumbsup.gif on the other hand its never off topic on Thai Visa whistling.gif

Missing plane highlights Phuket's stolen passport trade

THE AGE, Melbourne

March 9, 2014 - 2:06PM by Lindsay Murdoch

Investigations into the stolen passports of two passengers listed on missing Malaysia Airlines flight 370 have swung to the Thai resort island of Phuket, where there is a thriving stolen passport racket.

Police in Malaysia have also viewed CCTV footage of the passengers on the flight, specifically looking for images of two men listed as Italian Luigi Maraldi and Austrian Christian Kozel.

Mr Maraldi, 37, was surprised to see his name on the passenger manifest because he was in fact holidaying in Thailand.

Source:http://www.theage.com.au/world/missing-plane-highlights-phukets-stolen-passport-trade-20140309-hvgrt.html

I don't think this is debris from the crash. The time of the photo was 6:30am, but the timezone was not told. It might be pre dawn.

- The size of these pieces would be huge to be shown from the airplane.

- It's still dark, so every piece would have to be quite light colored

- Pieces are in relatively small group. Winds, currents etc should break it down quite fast.

There has been more realistic sound speculations for the "debris".

- Squid fishers with the lights on

- Some people who fly often on the route mentioned that there is many flower greenhouses which speed up the growing process by using artificial lights during the nights in Vietnam.

.. Just speculations, naturally.

Please see my modified photo and you'll understand that this isn't from a crashed plane. All speculations..

Cant view that (Sorry, you don't have permission for that!)

CNN interview Malaysian official says the plane turned back but the pilot did not notify them <deleted>???

Malaysian officials said too many lies already. Why would a plane fly back without informing the ground control, as they'll have to take them over.

Archived